Options

The John and Edward Appreciation Thread (Part 18)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,869
Administrator
MarcPaulB wrote: »
I thought that as well, ES. I wonder does he think doing it again isn't such a good idea, and if not, why not?

This thread is a continuation of: The John and Edward Appreciation Thread (Part 17)

Comments

• Options
    MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! at last!! :)
  • Options
    metal boxmetal box Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yey! Thats better :)
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooo new thread :cool: (its about blooming time :D)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray!!!
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Break on through to the other side :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished reading the old thread and noticed this from Pithywitch-

"Everyone cheers when a new thread is started"

Ha ha...we all did aswell :D

J14 magazine have just tweeted this - "Oh, @PlanetJedward, we heard you got lost! Please tell us you made it back safely — we're worried!"

uh oh...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    metal box wrote: »
    Just finished reading the old thread and noticed this from Pithywitch-

"Everyone cheers when a new thread is started"

Ha ha...we all did aswell :D
    hahaha so true :D
  • Options
    SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo! New thread!

Going back to the Eurovision backing singers - the problem wasn't so much the talent of the backing singers, but that their voices were mixed louder than John and Edward's voices. I'd guess this came from someone not having enough confidence that J&E could handle the song themselves.

But as we all know, J&E are good singers and just keep improving. They should have backing singers for Eurosong/Eurovision 2012, but the role of those singers should be to complement and highlight J&E's voices, not to dominate them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, for the new thread! I guess we do have to actually contact the mods when the time comes. This is really good to know.

Their pattern seems to be 3000 posts = new thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo! New thread!

Going back to the Eurovision backing singers - the problem wasn't so much the talent of the backing singers, but that their voices were mixed louder than John and Edward's voices. I'd guess this came from someone not having enough confidence that J&E could handle the song themselves.

But as we all know, J&E are good singers and just keep improving. They should have backing singers for Eurosong/Eurovision 2012, but the role of those singers should be to complement and highlight J&E's voices, not to dominate them.

In Eurosong, the backing singers were way too high in the mix. The vocals in the semi final were a bit messy as well but they got it just right in the final (apparently Dan Priddy ("ManneQuin") had responsibility for the live ESC arrangement).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Headline on the front page of tomorrow's Irish Mirror : "UK Gold For Jedward".

I hadn't got time to read the sub-headline as they flashed the pic up on screen very quickly when reviewing the papers on TV3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »

I hadn't got time to read the sub-headline as they flashed the pic up on screen very quickly when reviewing the papers on TV3.
    I wonder what's it about
  • Options
    Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello nice new thread :D
  • Options
    BBlilsisBBlilsis Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Oooh loving the nice new roomy thread, nice clean pages for us to fill with Jedward luv :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Could it be gold certification for UK sales of Victory? That would be 100,000 sales - but is that reasonable to expect? I don't think it's even reached that in Ireland yet where the gold threshold is only 7500.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could it be gold certification for UK sales of Victory? That would be 100,000 sales - but is that reasonable to expect? I don't think it's even reached that in Ireland yet where the gold threshold is only 7500.
    I don't think so. They just charted 2 weeks, and with 3000 sales in the 1st week they just reached #34.

In Ireland they sold something like 10000 albums in the 1st week, so they're probably a platinum there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'll see if I can track down the show on the channel's iPlayer : I'm intrigued to see what the headline is about.

Edit : no sign of the programme on the player yet. If it comes up in the next hour or two, I'll try and get to the bottom of the story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Ireland they sold something like 10000 albums in the 1st week, so they're probably a platinum there

Oh brilliant! I was just going by Wikipedia, so if we can track down some solid Irish sales figures, we can update that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh brilliant! I was just going by Wikipedia, so if we can track down some solid Irish sales figures, we can update that.
    This is everything I have: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20110814/ai_n58008291/

By the end of the year IRMA announces which albums have got gold or platinum records
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is everything I have: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20110814/ai_n58008291/

By the end of the year IRMA announces which albums have got gold or platinum records

Ah, so we should expect an announcement soon! Exciting!

That's a very interesting article, especially with Liam quashing the rumour that J&E get pocket money. They have credit cards! And it comes as no surprise that they're massively ambitious and very well off from all their hard work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like J&E are now in the air, on their way back to Ireland! I hope this means some new videos once they've had time to get stuff edited. :D
  • Options
    flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww sweet early days video... so young looking :)

http://xfactor.itv.com/2009/episodes/video/item_200421.htm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like J&E are now in the air, on their way back to Ireland! I hope this means some new videos once they've had time to get stuff edited. :D

Phew! Last i read before going to bed was that they were a bit lost! Had me worried :o

Very interesting to read they've broke Gaga's previous sales record. Its a shame little facts like these aren't publicised more, might give the fence sitters a reason to look into the album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    metal box wrote: »
    Phew! Last i read before going to bed was that they were a bit lost! Had me worried :o

Very interesting to read they've broke Gaga's previous sales record. Its a shame little facts like these aren't publicised more, might give the fence sitters a reason to look into the album.

Exactly, I can imagine if another act had done this, their PR people would have it plastered accross the media..I sometimes get the feeling that the only PR the twins get comes from themselves or their fans.

I'm glad they found their way to airport and home, it was a bit worrying last night when J14 magazine tweeted that they had got lost :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll see if I can track down the show on the channel's iPlayer : I'm intrigued to see what the headline is about.

Edit : no sign of the programme on the player yet. If it comes up in the next hour or two, I'll try and get to the bottom of the story.

I wonder what its about?has anyone got any more details yet?

The only info I have been able to find is an obscure tweet this morning suggesting thet were somehow signed to the BBC?? could this be it...a TV show or something I wonder? :confused:
This discussion has been closed.