Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Opera 12.0 (Alpha)

Old 10-11-2011, 12:12
anniebrion
Inactive Member

Opera 12.0 (Alpha) now available: http://snapshot.opera.com/windows/latest

Opera 12 alpha features a completely redesigned browser engine aimed at running web applications and games more quickly and smoothly than ever. New features include:

Lightweight Themes: Opera 12.00 introduces lightweight themes. We introduced our Featherweight interface with Opera 11.50, and with Opera 12.00 we have introduced a simplified theme development mechanism.

HTML5 Parser: Opera 12.00 is our first official release to ship with Ragnarök, our HTML5 parser. The HTML5 specification details specific rules for handling markup, particularly malformed markup. These rules help impose a consistent DOM across browsers. Ragnarök means that improperly closed tags (such as <a href="#" />), and mis-nested tags will no longer break pages or the DOM.

Radial Gradients: Yep, another huge addition to Opera. We now have full support for CSS3 radial gradients, including explicit shape settings and multiple keywords.

WebGL: Before WebGL, 3D in the browser required a plug-in to produce any kind of reasonable experience, which was further stunted by lack of processing power. But browsers — including Opera — have now caught up. With our WebGL-enabled build, which draws directly upon the power of your graphics card, you can now create powerful 3D rendering, directly inside the browser!

Hardware Acceleration: As hinted above, Opera 12.00 also includes hardware acceleration, which serves to save 3D graphics from a slow death. And as a bonus, 2D <canvas> rendering and animations also get a performance boost.

Full ES5.1 Support: We've also implemented support for the ECMAScript 5.1 specification. In addition to it, we also now have native implementation of ECMAScript typed arrays.
anniebrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:14
lynxmale
Forum Member

Come on then, sell it to me. Why would I go back to Opera instead of Firefox if I don't arse about with 3D games?
lynxmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:57
anniebrion
Inactive Member

Come on then, sell it to me. Why would I go back to Opera instead of Firefox if I don't arse about with 3D games?
I only use Opera to test my Web Designs, I care not one bit if you use it or not
anniebrion is offline   Reply With Quote