Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 18)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
Administrator
Uriah wrote: »
In all honesty, if we all lived our lives abiding by every piece of legislation in place then none of us would be able to move as the prison we'd be in would be crammed full. Solicitors, barristers etc, use the law to let off murdereres/ rapists/ thugs etc. everyday of the week. It is a price we pay for living in a democratic society,

For society to sit back and 'just accept' the aording of a law is wrong if we know in our hearts that it is plainly wrong. Why the IRA/UDA have to be mentioned at any civilised gathering is beyond the comprehension of the majority of us - we don't want to hear it!

For the majority on here, I feel that the approach I have adopted is pure and true 'common sense'. It saddens me that you can't accept the blatantly obvious sectarian nature of singing about the IRA. No place for it - end of story. Those who sing it embarrass Celtic FC. In fact, they cause deep offence and hatred from others even outwith Scottish football. Sadly, again, that seems to be their intent.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1522105

Comments

• Options
      bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      On a lighter note, Mad Vlad has put Hearts up for sale and is quitting football.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      bhoy07 wrote: »
      On a lighter note, Mad Vlad has put Hearts up for sale and is quitting football.

Bad news for Hearts but he was always the wrong fit for them and just seems to have accumulated debts.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      liedown wrote: »
      Bad news for Hearts but he was always the wrong fit for them and just seems to have accumulated debts.

He is selling all his sports clubs because they've made him poor. :cry:
    • Options
      pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,769
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      In all honesty, if we all lived our lives abiding by every piece of legislation in place then none of us would be able to move as the prison we'd be in would be crammed full. Solicitors, barristers etc, use the law to let off murdereres/ rapists/ thugs etc. everyday of the week. It is a price we pay for living in a democratic society,

For society to sit back and 'just accept' the wording of a law is wrong and ignore it then we are as guilty as those involved. Why the IRA/UDA have to be mentioned at any civilised gathering is beyond the comprehension of the majority of us - we don't want to hear it!

For the majority on here, I feel that the approach I have adopted is pure and true 'common sense'. It saddens me that you can't accept the blatantly obvious sectarian nature of singing about the IRA. No place for it - end of story. Those who sing it embarrass Celtic FC. In fact, they cause deep offence and hatred from others even outwith Scottish football. Sadly, again, that seems to be their intent.

Not sure what that means. I have made clear my distaste of IRA singing.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

:D Oh dear, what will happen to the jam tarts?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Heard an advert on the radio last night for a Thanksgiven celebration bash at Ibrox. That will be the great US republic, that nation that rebelled against the crown and killed British soldiers ;)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      pedrok wrote: »
      Heard an advert on the radio last night for a Thanksgiven celebration bash at Ibrox. That will be the great US republic, that nation that rebelled against the crown and killed British soldiers ;)

Is it a charity bash?
    • Options
      SoulpuncherSoulpuncher Posts: 3,039
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

You seem to be confusing Thanksgiving and the American Revolution.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Is it a charity bash?

No wheelchairs were nicked, so no.
    • Options
      DavielDaviel Posts: 2,177
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Bwahahah! :D
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      You seem to be confusing Thanksgiving and the American Revolution.

No, don't think I am, but thanks for your imput.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      No, don't think I am, but thanks for your imput.

What has Thanksgiving got to do with rebelling against the crown? :confused:

It does remind me though that we had an Empire on which the sun never set. :cool:
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I can see a few Hearts players leaving in January. John Sutton to Celtic anyone?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      What has Thanksgiving got to do with rebelling against the crown? :confused:

It does remind me though that we had an Empire on which the sun never set. :cool:

Just pointing out that Thanksgiven is a celebration in a country that rebelled against the crown, fought against the British army and became a republic.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Just pointing out that Thanksgiven is a celebration in a country that rebelled against the crown, fought against the British army and became a republic.

I'll sleep better tonight knowing that. Cheers.

Oh, and it's called Thanksgiving. Mere details. ;)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      A meeting between the Celtic Supporters Association and Campbell Corrigan that was arranged by the CSA to discuss their concerns about the Hibs game and the policing of the FAC Protest in George Square has been cancelled after Corrigan's comments to the DR.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      A meeting between the Celtic Supporters Association and Campbell Corrigan that was arranged by the CSA to discuss their concerns about the Hibs game and the policing of the FAC Protest in George Square has been cancelled after Corrigan's comments to the DR.

That'll show him. Should be renamed the Constructive Supporters Association.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Daviel wrote: »
      That'll show him. Should be renamed the Constructive Supporters Association.

I think they've taken offence to Corrigan claiming he'll lay down a marker at the meetings.

That's not exactly saying that he'll listen to their concerns.

BTW just so everyone is crystal clear - Gareth Barry SCORED for England on Tuesday night - it's 'fishal now. :p
    • Options
      StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,883
      Forum Member

Not sure what the point of the post is but hey ho a nice wee history lesson there
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Daviel wrote: »
      I'll sleep better tonight knowing that. Cheers.

Oh, and it's called Thanksgiving. Mere details. ;)

You are most welcome.

Aah, the spelling police.;)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Not sure what the point of the post is but hey ho a nice wee history lesson there

Clearly Rangers don't do Irony, much like Americans.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I think they've taken offence to Corrigan claiming he'll lay down a marker at the meetings.

That's not exactly saying that he'll listen to their concerns.

BTW just so everyone is crystal clear - Gareth Barry SCORED for England on Tuesday night - it's 'fishal now. :p

Couldn't have a jonny foreigner score Englands 2000th goal.

Corrigan should have offered to meet the Celtic fans reps without doing so through the DR instead of looking the big man in the press.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

Everyday is a school day.
    • Options
      StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,883
      Forum Member
      Edit

What now for Hearts anyway? Will a new buyer step in?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Clearly Rangers don't do Irony, much like Americans.

Racist. :p
    This discussion has been closed.