Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

What race is Little Mix's Leigh–Anne?

Old 25-11-2011, 10:26
Abigail88
Forum Member

She looks black to me...or half black/white.

I saw someone on here said she was asian but that cant be true!
Abigail88 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-11-2011, 10:32
rbdcay
Forum Member

Must I really be the one to ask this - Does it matter?
rbdcay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 10:33
LondonAngel
Forum Member

Exactly - and it really doesn't.
LondonAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 10:36
Abigail88
Forum Member

No it doesn't.

But this is a forum where people discuss where the contestants live, who each contestants like or be in a relationship with, what natural hair colour someone is...

None of these things matter, but I am on a forum and I'm bored and that question just popped into my head. If I had been having a conversation about Little Mix to someone, and that questioned had popped into my head, I would have asked it.

It's only when race and sexuality are involved, someone always goes 'does it matter?'

Anyway...if someone could answer my question that would be great, instead of instilling ridiculous political correctness
Old 25-11-2011, 10:39
*Clem*
Forum Member

I have no idea, but to me she looks like a mix between black and asian.
*Clem* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 10:41
bookclub10
Forum Member

No it doesn't.

But this is a forum where people discuss where the contestants live, who each contestants like or be in a relationship with, what natural hair colour someone is...

None of these things matter, but I am on a forum and I'm bored and that question just popped into my head. If I had been having a conversation about Little Mix to someone, and that questioned had popped into my head, I would have asked it.

It's only when race and sexuality are involved, someone always goes 'does it matter?'

Anyway...if someone could answer my question that would be great, instead of instilling ridiculous political correctness
Completely agree with you!. Everytime I meet someone new I ask them where they're from. I consider that polite.
I don't know the answer to your question though
bookclub10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 10:49
Monster101
Inactive Member

No it doesn't.

you should always expect cries of ''does it matter'' whenever race or sexuality questions pop up about an individual.
the PC brigaide are always lurking on DS.
Monster101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 10:51
asdf1982
Forum Member

she looks a mix of black/white. She doesnt look asian at all to me
asdf1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 10:57
Parneb
Forum Member

I honestly cannot see why it is import to know the answer to such a question. As far as i am concerned I am interested in Little Mix's singing, NOT their racial background.
Parneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 10:58
LondonAngel
Forum Member

No it doesn't.

Did you really need to jump down our throats? All we asked was does it matter? We never said we were offended by your questions, or that it was wrong to ask. When I meet someone I don't ask what race they are or what their sexuality is as to me it isn't really important. So I would appreciate it if you didn't call us ridiculous politically correct with your patronising post, ok?
LondonAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 10:58
Parneb
Forum Member

you should always expect cries of ''does it matter'' whenever race or sexuality questions pop up about an individual.
#

Excuse me, but I am not a member of the PC brigade.
Parneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 11:10
bouncer11
Inactive Member

QUESTION: DOES IT MATTER?
ANSWER: NO IT DOESN'T
bouncer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 11:11
DanielF
Forum Member

I believe she's part of the human race.

Most of the time.
DanielF is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 11:20
rbdcay
Forum Member

Completely agree with you!. Everytime I meet someone new I ask them where they're from. I consider that polite.
I don't know the answer to your question though
Well it is not the same as going up to someone you first met and saying "Hello what race are you?"

oh come on there is no PC agenda here. It really shouldn't matter unless it has a legitimate bearing on the acts performance or if it effectys the contest.

Just because some people ask does it matter is not necessarily them being "PC but perhaps a little more concious?
rbdcay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 11:24
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

Everytime I meet someone new I ask them where they're from
But do you then follow that up with "and what race are you ?".

I've always found that if race or sexuality really doesn't matter to a person then it doesn't matter.

If it matters on some level then that's where I find a person just has to know.

Nothing to do with "PC" at all.
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 11:26
kellygirl
Forum Member

Its not a sinister question but I think next time such a question is asked it should generate a default second post with 'does it matter?'. Its so predictable.

My boyfriend isn't Irish but he has very dark hair and blue eyes and loads of people have asked him if he's Irish. He has never been offended or says 'does it matter?'. If I met someone who has a regional or foreign accent I can't identify I think nothing of asking them where they are from. We are humans, we're curious. .
kellygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 11:26
bookclub10
Forum Member

But the thing is, it's just curiosity.
It may not be of interest to you but if someone starts a thread on it, then it's of interest to them.
Secondly, since when are the threads on here based solely on how the contestants sing??
Old 25-11-2011, 11:28
BrokenArrow
Forum Member

QUESTION: DOES IT MATTER?
ANSWER: NO IT DOESN'T
No it doesn't matter, but I'd still like to know.

She looks gorgeous and I'd like to know her ethnicity.
BrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 11:30
EmsW84it
Forum Member

It's not really that odd a question to ask outright.
I'm mixed race and people often wonder what my mix is and I therefore get asked all the time.

I tend to be asked "what's your heritiage?" by people that are genuinely curious. It's not being asked from a position of positivity or negativity, it's just a genuine question.

In answer to the OP question, I reckon mixed of some kind - blasian (black and asian) or maybe some kind of carribbean and white. That my guess.
EmsW84it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 11:33
bookclub10
Forum Member

But do you then follow that up with "and what race are you ?".

I've always found that if race or sexuality really doesn't matter to a person then it doesn't matter.

If it matters on some level then that's where I find a person just has to know.

Nothing to do with "PC" at all.
I've been told numerous times myself that I don't look Irish. I don't take offence to that I just ask,' where did you think I'm from?'
My flatmate is Arabic and is constantly asked if he's Brazilian. He's always flattered by this.
I think people ask out of curiosity, not for something to judge you on.
Old 25-11-2011, 11:35
BrokenArrow
Forum Member

I'm mixed race and people often wonder what my mix is and I therefore get asked all the time.

I tend to be asked "what's your heritiage?" by people that are genuinely curious. It's not being asked from a position of positivity or negativity, it's just a genuine question.

In answer to the OP question, I reckon mixed of some kind - blasian (black and asian) or maybe some kind of carribbean and white. That my guess.
Yeah, I remember walking around new York and there was an absolutely stunning but unusual looking women strolling around. She just kept being stopped by loads of people and asked her ethnicity.

Turns out she was part black part Cherokee indian and some other which I can't remember.

She was happy to tell people, she was obviously proud of her look.
BrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 12:02
Abigail88
Forum Member

Thanks for your help. She is very pretty.

I know, I find it shocking. The 'does it matter brigade' are always on hand to jump in but it's a genuine question out of curiosity.
When there are questions about 'is janet naturally ginger' and 'is marcus really gay?' and 'did amelia go out with frankie?' None of those answers matter but we are on a forum: one which discusses the most irrelevant matters but are still a part of someones curiosity. It is perfectly acceptable and I'm glad most people understand
Old 25-11-2011, 12:08
Jerrica09
Forum Member

Lol I knew that the first response would be 'does it matter???'

Of course you wouldn't ask someone to their face what race they were (unless you got signals from them that they'd like to be asked) just as you wouldn't ponder to their face whether they were gay, or if they had enough talent to appear on a singing show.

But if we limit ourselves to only asking questions that matter here we will end up as a teeny tiny subforum in the TV section.
Jerrica09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 12:13
blowup
Forum Member

I know we are not allowed to say anything bad about the way little mix look, because they won't steal our boyfriends etc, but I've always though leigh-anne looks incredibly miserable.
and as everyone else said she looks mixed race and possibly asian.
blowup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 12:14
blowup
Forum Member

Lol I knew that the first response would be 'does it matter???'

Of course you wouldn't ask someone to their face what race they were (unless you got signals from them that they'd like to be asked) just as you wouldn't ponder to their face whether they were gay, or if they had enough talent to appear on a singing show.

But if we limit ourselves to only asking questions that matter here we will end up as a teeny tiny subforum in the TV section
good post! esp the bold.
blowup is offline   Reply With Quote