Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Home & Away 2012 **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Old 27-11-2011, 15:54
Soap_Queen
Forum Member

Apparently Charlie is going to get shot, but we don't know if she lives or dies ...
There has been lots of rumours about Esther Anderson leaving the show, so what do you think ?
Is Esther Anderson leaving and will Charlie die ?
Soap_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-11-2011, 16:31
SOAPYFAN
Forum Member

Apparently Charlie is going to get shot, but we don't know if she lives or dies ...
There has been lots of rumours about Esther Anderson leaving the show, so what do you think ?
Is Esther Anderson leaving and will Charlie die ?
Spoiler

Also the opening titles are returning....
SOAPYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 16:36
Soap_Queen
Forum Member

I hope she doesn't die, her and brax are perfect for each other.
Soap_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 16:53
IntheGreen
Forum Member

Couple of previews here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPwcDtThTVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=h-RTl_qMxE8
IntheGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 17:35
InsideSoap
Forum Member

The season finale was a great episode, I hope Charlie doesn't die. That James Morrison song is perfect for the 2012 preview, although what's Brax doing when he blocks the door in the hospital room so noone can get in? I hate the Xmas break.
InsideSoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 17:37
SOAPYFAN
Forum Member

The season finale was a great episode, I hope Charlie doesn't die. That James Morrison song is perfect for the 2012 preview, although what's Brax doing when he blocks the door in the hospital room so noone can get in? I hate the Xmas break.
Spoiler
Old 27-11-2011, 17:38
emma daily
Forum Member

[SPOIERL]In episode 5435 to be broadcast in January 2012. Charlie is shot by a shock returnee. In the 2012 Home and Away trailer it looks like she will die.[spoiler]

Whose returning?
emma daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 17:57
InsideSoap
Forum Member

Spoiler
I love Charlie and Brax, hopefully she won't die.

Jake Pirovic.
Old 27-11-2011, 20:15
gilly1981
Inactive Member

[spoiler]
They are not necessarily returning.

Cam Welsh said it's something they are looking into but you the titles won't be back in January.
gilly1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 20:18
summer_ste
Forum Member

He wasn't going to say "the titles and theme are never returning" so he gave his usual style of open ended vague answer. I really don't think he has any plans to bring them back during however long his stint as producer continues.
summer_ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 20:32
InsideSoap
Forum Member

I think it's ridiculous not having them, they've always been one of the best things about the show for me. Even the photo frame ones and the last ones they had were better than nothing. Has a reason ever been given for not having them? They can hardly blame time constraints with some of the rubbish they fill episodes up with, it's only 30 seconds or so after all.
Old 27-11-2011, 20:38
summer_ste
Forum Member

I think it's ridiculous not having them, they've always been one of the best things about the show for me. Even the photo frame ones and the last ones they had were better than nothing. Has a reason ever been given for not having them? They can hardly blame time constraints with some of the rubbish they fill episodes up with, it's only 30 seconds or so after all.
Exactly. They could easily axe the recap (other soaps manage without one) if time constraints is really such an issue. The only reason Cam Welsh ever gave for axing the credits was "So we can get straight into the drama". P*sh.

I agree the H&A credits have always been great - they have always been so different from anything done on any other soap. I didn't like the photo frame ones but they were a zillion times better than nothing. And the theme song is world famous, there are so many fan covers of it on youtube.

Home and Away titles montages
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10s7NMjDWH4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqE5Wcc6iYI
summer_ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 21:35
BadRomance
Forum Member

Bianca is pregnant
BadRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 22:40
Sparkle27
Forum Member

My theory on Charlie is that she doesnt die(well i really hope not, love love love her and brax together!!)... i think that H&A put out the story about Esther leaving the show as a ploy for this storyline, they have neither confirmed or denied that she is leaving, and when these rumors started first a few months back Esther herself denied them.....i am really hopin i am right..!!
Sparkle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 23:17
bexj2008
Forum Member

I've been watching H&A.... Oz pace and ive gotta say the final 2 minutes was

For the past couple of months I've loved Brax and Charlie... I just hope she lives. The promo for next year is sad.

Overall I think Home & Away has improved a lot and its the best its been in months
bexj2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 23:46
whoyouarexo
Forum Member

I hope she doesn't leave, her and Brax are the best couple that H & A have had in ages, bucketloads of chemistry!
whoyouarexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 23:56
*TribeSpirit*
Forum Member

I have been watching H & A for the past few months after giving up back in 2009 (after Belle's death) and its been great. Got to say though, I miss the opening titles.

As for Charlie, I think she dies or survives and just leaves on her own. Anyone know when H&A returns in 2012?
*TribeSpirit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 00:25
BadRomance
Forum Member

It's usually the end of January
Old 28-11-2011, 01:46
SOAPYFAN
Forum Member

It's usually the end of January
It returns in Australia on 9th January 2012.

I think the final Channel 5 episode of 2011 is 16th December and returns on 9th January, this is so we can catch up.
Old 28-11-2011, 03:23
BadRomance
Forum Member

Is the Australian date confirmed as that would be the earliest ever the show has returned? It's normally late January. However, maybe they are bringing it back two weeks early as it will be going off for the Olympics?
Old 28-11-2011, 23:58
ABCZYX
Forum Member

He wasn't going to say "the titles and theme are never returning" so he gave his usual style of open ended vague answer. I really don't think he has any plans to bring them back during however long his stint as producer continues.
He always seems to give those type of answers when asked about them.

The only reason Cam Welsh ever gave for axing the credits was "So we can get straight into the drama". P*sh.
Yes, that is a rubbish reason. The show had the opening credits for every single episode up until around mid 2006 where they started to get phased out before being dropped altogether. The show worked absolutely fine with the opening credits, with no problem at all. So there's not a single reason why they shouldn't bring them back - permanently and with some proper effort into them instead of just "Meh, that'll do".

I agree the H&A credits have always been great - they have always been so different from anything done on any other soap. I didn't like the photo frame ones but they were a zillion times better than nothing. And the theme song is world famous, there are so many fan covers of it on youtube.
The vast majority of people in this world would be able to recognise the theme tune if it was played to them, even if they'd never even watched a single episode.

Bring them back!

Oh, and as far as the 2012 season goes, the sooner Cameron Welsh leaves and takes the Drivel Boys with him, the better. For me, he's been the worst producer the show has ever had.
ABCZYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 01:07
kessuki
Forum Member

Bianca is pregnant
she is? i didnt pick up on that in the final episode.
kessuki is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 01:24
BadRomance
Forum Member

she is? i didnt pick up on that in the final episode.
It wasnt mentioned in it. There is a photo on backtothebay of a fan who went to Palm Beach and Lisa Gormley is wearing a bump in the photo. So, the question is who's the daddy?!
Old 29-11-2011, 02:38
SecretLifeoBees
Forum Member

They can't kill Charlie off, I forbid it!!! We had Jack in a live or die cliff hanger a couple of years back, they can't do the same to Charlie
SecretLifeoBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 03:00
kessuki
Forum Member

It wasnt mentioned in it. There is a photo on backtothebay of a fan who went to Palm Beach and Lisa Gormley is wearing a bump in the photo. So, the question is who's the daddy?!
ahh thanks for that. hmmm my money is on heath but i would much prefer it being liams. i like heath but really dont want him to become a dad again whilst he is struggling to take care of darcy.
kessuki is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote