Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

My opinion is very important, and deserves its own thread

Old 26-12-2011, 10:22
Lazlo Wolf
Inactive Member

Well, I say 'opinion', but really I'm the only one fearless enough to say what we're all thinking. Absolutely every one of us.

I mean, if I just contributed to the main thread on the topic, people might skim past my post, and that would be a tragedy.

They'd miss my well-informed totally objective assessment about how the show failed to match up perfectly with my idea of what it should be.

To conclude: blah blah blah doomed blah blah blah 1989 blah blah blah showrunner must go blah blah blah emotions blah blah blah
Lazlo Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-12-2011, 10:31
Webslark
Forum Member

Well, I say 'opinion', but really I'm the only one fearless enough to say what we're all thinking. Absolutely every one of us.

I mean, if I just contributed to the main thread on the topic, people might skim past my post, and that would be a tragedy.

They'd miss my well-informed totally objective assessment about how the show failed to match up perfectly with my idea of what it should be.

To conclude: blah blah blah doomed blah blah blah 1989 blah blah blah showrunner must go blah blah blah emotions blah blah blah
I would reply in agreement with you, but I feel I should start my own thread stating these facts in a totally neutral and unbiased way.
Webslark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 10:33
RacerWelsh
Forum Member

Ditto.
RacerWelsh is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 10:34
Zero gravitas
Forum Member

I would reply in agreement with you, but I feel I should start my own thread stating these facts in a totally neutral and unbiased way.
You'd be the first one EVER to to that in here.

In my unquestionable opinion, of course.
Zero gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 11:39
?handleumbrella
Forum Member

Brilliant thread, just as I was thinking the forum was having a sense of humour failure. Nice one, thank you!
?handleumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 11:59
Gary of Beeston
Forum Member

Lazlo,

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion as a Thread Creator - but sorry, you've got it all wrong.

Before this Thread gets cancelled because of low ratings, this is how you should have written it... etc.

Gary
Gary of Beeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 12:02
Doctorwhonerd
Forum Member

8.9 million overnight ratings. One of the top viewed program's on bbc I player. Obviously the show is doomed.
Doctorwhonerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 12:20
Zero gravitas
Forum Member

I'd like to jump in and ignore the opening post (cos nobody ever reads em),
and state AS FACT that I haven't watched it yet but I'm SURE it'll be crap cos somebody on here said so.
Zero gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 12:25
sigsig
Forum Member

Doesn't anyone here understand that the only way to convince people of your opinion is to shout REALLY LOUD and insult those who disagree?
sigsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 13:09
sebbie3000
Forum Member

Doesn't anyone here understand that the only way to convince people of your opinion is to shout REALLY LOUD and insult those who disagree?
Well, that is clearly the statement of a child. As an adult (I have to state that, as it's not clear from my posting...), who knows what he's talking about, you are very clearly wrong. And I will demonstrate this by using my opinions masquerading as fact, then call you stupid for disagreeing.

Notice that I am not even bothering to relate it to the topic of the thread? This is because what I have to say is that important... I will be repeating this on pretty much every thread, except for the one in which out would actually be appropriate...
sebbie3000 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 13:21
allen_who
Forum Member

My feelings are so similar to yours that I'm going to start my own thread with a title that uses the same words as yours but with the words mixed up a little bit so as to fool everyone into thinking my ideas are fresh. Also I will find a better way to insist to everyone that my views matter the most

PS I love it !!!
allen_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 13:50
Lazlo Wolf
Inactive Member

I'm now going to come back in, ignore any reasonable queries and decide that one differing opinion is in fact a personal attack on me.

I will then inform everybody on the same Doctor Who forum as I am to 'get a life' and/or 'grow up', before flouncing off the thread forever, except for when I refresh it every minute to see if anybody replies.
Lazlo Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 13:57
Residents Fan
Forum Member

No, though that's how the posters on
G***if**y B**e seems to operate.
Residents Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 14:01
Fizzbin
Forum Member

Tritto
Fizzbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 14:03
Craigpugh
Forum Member

Loving your work here people, loving it.
Craigpugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 15:50
chuffnobbler
Forum Member

chuffnobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 15:59
alwatson
Forum Member

I, a random 3rd party, will now come on and decry how nobody can have a normal conversation and it will now devolve into everyone agreeing with me, even the ones arguing, trying to incriminate the people who are actually sensible.
alwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 16:11
DoctorQui
Inactive Member

Erm...yes!
DoctorQui is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 16:16
pajs1000
Forum Member

I, a random 3rd party, will now come on and decry how nobody can have a normal conversation and it will now devolve into everyone agreeing with me, even the ones arguing, trying to incriminate the people who are actually sensible.
I agree, .........I think.
pajs1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 16:16
Helbore
Forum Member

You forgot to mention your intellectual superiority and how anyone who disagrees with you is probably an escaped mental patient with an IQ similar to that of a mosquito.
Helbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 16:23
Mystical123
Forum Member

I thought the only way to convince people of your opinion on here was to state it as if it's fact and hope no-one notices? And then when those who do know the difference between opinion and fact inevitably notice, you need to go all defensive and turn the thread into one which is yet another rant against Moffat/RTD (delete as appropriate according to who you do/don't like, seeing as it also seems to be impossible on here to like them both!)
Mystical123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 16:25
Karis
Forum Member

Sorry but your posts just aren't what they used to be. And they're not a patch on the previous poster's comments.

I can't wait for the next poster to come along to really get posting back on track as, really, it's simply lost its way.

Please do better or I wont read any more of your posts.

Edit: But I'll still come on here to tell everyone how unhappy I am about it all...
Karis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 16:51
Lii
Forum Member

I will now deride your statement by repeating key points back to you in quotes with the prefix so called.
You're so called "opinion" as a self proclaimed so called "fearless one" is nonsense.

You are alone with your so called "objective assessment" and your so called "conclusion".
Thank you for your contribution to another fine forum discussion.
Lii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 18:39
crazybutterflyx
Forum Member

8.9 million overnight ratings. One of the top viewed program's on bbc I player. Obviously the show is doomed.
Thats obviously too high. Its making their other shows look bad. They've got to get rid!
crazybutterflyx is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 18:58
Doctorwhonerd
Forum Member

Thats obviously too high. Its making their other shows look bad. They've got to get rid!
I will now Change my point of view for no reason whatsoever. I will then tell you my age to prove how smart I am. Finally I shall end my post with the following patroniseing smiley
Doctorwhonerd is offline   Reply With Quote