Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

My opinion is very important, and deserves its own thread

Old 27-12-2011, 00:27
Mystical123
Forum Member

I think My opinion is so important that it should have a thread with a poll, not just its own thread. But of course the poll will only consist of options I agree with. (inspired partly by another subforum on here, rather than just the DW forum)
Mystical123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-12-2011, 01:13
Craigpugh
Forum Member

Now as my previous post was the last one on the previous page, and was so important, I'm going to find a paper thin excuse to regurgitate it at the top of the new page.
Craigpugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 01:49
Helbore
Forum Member

Did no one else get the joke?

I'm wasted here... Totally wasted :P
So go away and join another forum, then. We don't want you here.

(Just to be clear, we're all playing along here )
Helbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 03:27
JCR
Forum Member

My opinion is they should bring back Eric Saward, as it isn't proper Doctor Who without space pirates and a bodycount of hundreds, like when I was 4.

I am as yet unsure if this opinion deserves it's own thread, mind.
JCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 03:49
Bruce Wayne
Forum Member

My opinion is they should bring back Eric Saward, as it isn't proper Doctor Who without space pirates and a bodycount of hundreds, like when I was 4.

I am as yet unsure if this opinion deserves it's own thread, mind.
Now that I've had a chance to consume large amounts of rum, I will go on about how little younger people appreciate the classic DW . I will then demand that all the classics be remade using CGI countering what I had just said .
Bruce Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 04:13
codename_47
Forum Member

Can I just arrive in this thread at a time that is largely too late when it has run on far past its sell by date and everyone has descended to their own personal arguing to point out that I have had a conversation with a child about the series and will base all future arguments on the health of Doctor Who based on the one word answers of the child to my closed questioning.

After all, it is a kids show so using a child to back up my already
decided suppositions about the show should give me the winning argument, even if there's little point doing that at such a late stage in the thread as mindsets are already well established by now.

If possible though I secretly hope to turn this thread, and all threads into my perspective on the show.
When I realise not as many people are agreeing with me as I like I'm going to make a big song and dance about leaving the forum, only to come back in a couple of months to the sound of no-one caring.
(Despite all those alternate accounts I'll have set up in the mean-time whose only purpose is to ask if anyone remembers famous DS poster codename_47 and what happened to make such a legendary poster leave the forum over and over )
codename_47 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 04:21
16caerhos
Forum Member

Funny, this thread didn't really need to be a thread. Unless you have something to say, worthy of it's own thread, I seriously hope this gets deleted. You're just doing exactly what you're bitching about.
16caerhos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 08:07
Craigpugh
Forum Member

snip...

When I realise not as many people are agreeing with me as I like I'm going to ...snip... )
... Report this thread to the moderators to try and get it deleted while starting your own thread, WITH a poll, entitled POLL: Who agrees with me that...
ensuring the only way we can tell if we agree, or even what the thread is about, is to enter it?

(thus VERYCLEVERLY I have bent the thread back to my own pet bugbear, which I will also do on most other threads)
Old 27-12-2011, 09:00
Lii
Forum Member

Quite right. We also need to see more of the Tardis. To build up suspense properly every episode should begin in the Tardis kitchen, with the Doctor and his companion(s) drinking tea whilst they wait for the story to begin.
Lii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 09:04
Granny McSmith
Forum Member

Mmmm......when I read the OP, pots and kettles sprang to mind.
Granny McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 10:27
Lii
Forum Member

As a fanatical fan of Blake's 7, I will now randomly introduce a discussion of who would you cast in a new series, and whether it should be a reboot of a continuation.

A few pages later someone will mention that Avon was in some terrible Colin Baker story.
Old 27-12-2011, 10:50
Lazlo Wolf
Inactive Member

Actually, if you believed your opinion realy WAS that important, you would of course given your thread a title like
"My opinion is..."
So that no- one would know what your thread was about unless they clicked to enter it!
You have OBVIOUSLY not bothered to read my post! Either that or you cannot comprehend the sheer intellectual rigour that went into it!

(Which is, of course, forum code for "Yeah, that's a good point, actually.")
Lazlo Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 10:55
eggshell
Forum Member

Wasn't Avon in some terrible Colin Baker story
eggshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 10:59
Fizzbin
Forum Member

As a fanatical fan of Blake's 7, I will now randomly introduce a discussion of who would you cast in a new series, and whether it should be a reboot of a continuation.

A few pages later someone will mention that Avon was in some terrible Colin Baker story.
And that Colin Baker was in some terrible Avon story...

(OK it was more of a Vila story, buy hey)
Fizzbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 11:19
TheSilentFez
Forum Member

After that Christmas Special, Moffat hate seems to have soared through the roof. Most of my friends no longer like the show anymore. Sometimes it feels like I am the only one who likes Moffat's writing.
We must keep the faith everyone!

Hopefully this will all die down in a few weeks as the dust resulting from the Christmas special settles.
TheSilentFez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 11:30
Lazlo Wolf
Inactive Member

Wasn't Avon in some terrible Colin Baker story
LOL! No! It was Servalan!

(I feel the thread has been missing the occasional 'person getting confused, then posting uber-confidently'.)
Lazlo Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 11:34
Chiaroscuro
Forum Member

I heard that Colin Baker has a villa in Avon.
Chiaroscuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 12:37
daveyboy7472
Forum Member

Tennant\Smith is the best Doctor. RTD's\SM's Era is best. The Xmas Special was\wasn't good. Moffat is\isn't leaving. Matt Smith is\isn't leaving.
All these opinions are\aren't fact\fiction. You are all wrong\right and I may\may not end this post with\without a sarcastic rolling of the eyes\ears...
daveyboy7472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 13:07
Lii
Forum Member

LOL! No! It was Servalan!

(I feel the thread has been missing the occasional 'person getting confused, then posting uber-confidently'.)
You've forgotten Vila.... who was in a Tom Baker story....

(this post is brought to you by compulsory hellip man... why hit the full stop once... when you can hit it three times... )
Old 27-12-2011, 13:41
Craigpugh
Forum Member

To be honest I was happiest from 1989 to 2004 when every episode of who I saw on tv was episodes 1-3 of the zygons on VHS. The show is called Dr Who , not Doctor New, and the main thing wrong with it seems to be when They forget this and introduce New things, the show was much better when things were the same.
In fact, if you follow a YouTube link which I am unable to post accurately, you sadly won't find some half arsed edited fan fic footage I've made of a mixture of terror of the zygons in black and white with bill hartnell, featuring cave men. If cave men had stayed the main villains in every story, none of this awful mess would ever have happened. Also I think Amy is a zygon, based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever.
Old 27-12-2011, 14:14
TheSilentFez
Forum Member

I think I will just add the obligatory remark that the OP is quite obviously a troll and should return to their bridge!

TheSilentFez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 16:06
allen_who
Forum Member

Tennant\Smith is the best Doctor. RTD's\SM's Era is best. The Xmas Special was\wasn't good. Moffat is\isn't leaving. Matt Smith is\isn't leaving.
All these opinions are\aren't fact\fiction. You are all wrong\right and I may\may not end this post with\without a sarcastic rolling of the eyes\ears...
well that's just simply world class that is daveyboy

how come we haven't done this thread before? we're basically taking the pi*s out of ourselves here.

I imagine normal service will resume in the new year
allen_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 17:29
Helbore
Forum Member

I don't believe Sally Sparrow, the Rani or Sally Sparrow being the Rani have been mentioned yet, so I will mention them for absolutely no reason.

This forum needs its own equivalent of Godwin's Law, stating that as a Doctor Who discussion grows longer, the probability of the Rani or Sally Sparrow getting a random shoehorned mention - for no particular reason - approaches 1.

In fact, I'd say it approaches 2, maybe even 2.5.
Helbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 17:32
Lii
Forum Member

To be honest I was happiest from 1989 to 2004 when every episode of who I saw on tv was episodes 1-3 of the zygons on VHS.
My own favourites are the Pat Troughton stories. Sadly the very best ones have been lost and being only thirteen I've never seen them.

They should bring back the Yetis next season, they were great.
Old 27-12-2011, 19:08
sebbie3000
Forum Member

My own favourites are the Pat Troughton stories. Sadly the very best ones have been lost and being only thirteen I've never seen them.

They should bring back the Yetis next season, they were great.
For no apparent reason, I will get angry at your suggestion of bringing back the yetis, then suggest that the series will fail unless it brings in more ghosts.

Then I'll put a smiley, as I have clearly just won an argument that you didn't realise you were involved in!
sebbie3000 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote