Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

My opinion is very important, and deserves its own thread

Old 27-12-2011, 21:30
Lii
Forum Member

Then I'll put a smiley, as I have clearly just won an argument that you didn't realise you were involved in!
That's clearly just your "opinion", which you probably think is so important that it deserves its own thread!

Wait for it....

Lii is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-12-2011, 21:48
sebbie3000
Forum Member

That's clearly just your "opinion", which you probably think is so important that it deserves its own thread!

Wait for it....

I will now pretend to back down, just so that in a few Weeks, when this thread has died down, I can come back on it and re ignite it with what I perceive to be a pithy put down, be will be read as a thinly veiled threat...
sebbie3000 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 21:54
Helbore
Forum Member

I will now interject as a self-appointed forum moderator and tell you all to grow up. This will make me feel big and superior, whilst I remain oblivious to the fact that I'm being just as insulting as those I criticise.

If anyone asks who put me in charge, I will respond with an agressive, over-the-top and unpleasent insult, then never return to the thread - probably because I was banned.
Helbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 23:02
Magnus Greel
Forum Member

Lazlo is a fine writer, but as a Thread Runner he leaves a lot to be desired...
Magnus Greel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 23:42
Craigpugh
Forum Member

Page Four of this thread clearly marks the ultimate low point ever and to be honest I wouldn't be all that upset if the whole Internet was cancelled, this Page has been so bad, it is sad but True, I have just lost interest, and as a lifelong fan I say this with an unimpeachable sense of perspective.
Craigpugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 02:06
Shrimps
Forum Member

As this thread has reached its fourth page, I think it's about time someone came in with some unrelated, hilarious hilarity, in an attempt to ease the tension.

How about a joke?

In 2011*, a Dalek, a Zygon and a Cyberman walked into a pub, then stood around for 5 minutes.

Or yet another reference to over-referenced potential cast members in Series 7?

Paul McGann and the Rani were behind the bar

Don't forget to attack your current bete noire.

"CAN WE GET SOME DECENT SERVICE?" asked the Dalek.

"Not while Moffat is the Show Runner!" quipped the Rani

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

*The date can be amended so that this 'joke' can be a dig at RTD, Tennant, Smith, C Baker, Pip 'n Jane, Bonnie Langford, Adric, The Candyman, Michael Grade or Mary Whitehouse. I obviously have no strong feelings either way, or I wouldn't be laughing at the serious, vital matters that are being discussed in this thread.
Shrimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 02:57
codename_47
Forum Member

Now I'm going to appear and add nothing to the discussion but want to tell you that if you agree or disagree with the issues being discussed in this thread you can listen to my podcast or read my blog that is tenuously related t what's going on in here.

But please don't look at my other posts because then you'll realise these kind plugging posts are all I do, aside from bumping my own thread on the podcast that has only me in it, or if I'm lucky my mate who I bugged over facebook to talk in there so it doesn't look like just me in it.
codename_47 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 08:56
Lii
Forum Member

Due to an oversight, I must now mention The Fiftieth Anniversary

This should of course have appeared no later than page three. If someone could remember to mention Paul McGann (who sadly never appeared in Blake's 7) it would be appreciated.
Old 28-12-2011, 09:04
Lii
Forum Member

Page Four of this thread clearly marks the ultimate low point ever and to be honest I wouldn't be all that upset if the whole Internet was cancelled, this Page has been so bad, it is sad but True, I have just lost interest, and as a lifelong fan I say this with an unimpeachable sense of perspective.
Completely disagree, I love the format of the latest posts. I even enjoyed some parts of the troubled third page.

Sadly, some great entries from the second page have been permanently deleted. We can only hope some fans have made a copy.
Old 28-12-2011, 09:07
Kal_El
Forum Member

Sorry but page four is the best it's ever been. As a so called "lifelong fan" surely you can see this? Here's some rolleyes for you:

Kal_El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 12:44
daveyboy7472
Forum Member

I think this thread and all the various Moffat Threads are dominating the forum and have been going on for too long. Therefore I would like to suggest a Moffat Sub-Forum where people can discuss him and leave the forum open for other discussion in the other 25 threads.
daveyboy7472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 21:39
Craigpugh
Forum Member

From daveyboy7472

I think this thread and all the various Moffat Threads are dominating the forum and have been going on for too long. 3,457 (heal)

Therefore I would like to suggest a Moffat Sub-Forum where people can discuss him and leave the forum open for other discussion in the other 25 threads. 12 (hurt x2)
Old 29-12-2011, 02:01
Shrimps
Forum Member

The issues in this thread could have been resolved three pages ago, if only some so called fans understood what it takes to be a real Doctor Who Fan. Without a true understanding of what is and isn't canon, they'll just continue to make fools of themselves.

Canon is obviously tv, plus the exact combination of extra media that I personally know about. If I have't read it, I think you'll find it doesn't count. Neither does the tv movie as the Doctor is not definitely half human, though I still think Paul McGann should be given a chance to do a complete television series...
Old 29-12-2011, 02:05
Helbore
Forum Member

Shrimps, I think you'll find it is spelled "cannon"
Helbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 02:14
Bruce Wayne
Forum Member

This is where I would jump in trying to be superior,

canĚon/ˈkanən/Noun:
A general law, rule, principle, or criterion by which something is judged.

canĚnon/ˈkanən/Noun:
A large, heavy piece of artillery, typically mounted on wheels, formerly used in warfare.
Bruce Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 02:26
Shrimps
Forum Member

And I'd reply with more hilarity

This is where I would jump in trying to be superior,

canĚon/ˈkanən/Noun:
A general law, rule, principle, or criterion by which something is judged.

canĚnon/ˈkanən/Noun:
A large, heavy piece of artillery, typically mounted on wheels, formerly used in warfare
I think a 'cannon' would be just as useful the way this thread is going!!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
Old 29-12-2011, 02:32
JCR
Forum Member

Completely off topic but I love the bit in this Plinkett trailer where the emperor declares Follow that Bird not canon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ50qsDTkaY (NSFW)
JCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 09:20
Lii
Forum Member

I shall now plant a pedant bomb. I need to leave a little space around it as these really do create a mess when they go off.

Peter Davidson

Thank you.
Old 29-12-2011, 18:32
Chiaroscuro
Forum Member

Incoming!!

Actually, shall I take this one?

Peter Davidson?? Peter Davidson??? I don't know he is!!!

It's Davison FFS.

As any self respecting Who fan would know.
Chiaroscuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 18:42
Craigpugh
Forum Member

This thread is veering dangerously off topic. Please keep it relevant and polite or the balance of the forum as we know it may be permanently knocked from it's axos
Old 29-12-2011, 18:45
Lazlo Wolf
Inactive Member

Incoming!!

Actually, shall I take this one?

Peter Davidson?? Peter Davidson??? I don't know he is!!!

It's Davison FFS.

As any self respecting Who fan would know.
On the contrary, any self-respecting Who fan would agree with my campaign to force Equity to allow any actor who plays the Doctor to use their actual name retro-actively.

After all, as Doctor Who is the most important television program produced, its stars should have priority over whatever nobodies happened to register that name first.

From henceforth all true fans will only refer to Peter Moffett, Percy Kent-Smith and David McDonald.
Lazlo Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 19:08
Chiaroscuro
Forum Member

Yes....but.....but....it still doesn't make it right calling him Peter Davidson, does it?. If we all went around putting a 'd' in any name we fancied where would we be then?

PS Have you started a petition to the House of Commons regarding your campaign? I'm sure you'd have lots of support.
Chiaroscuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 20:22
Craigpugh
Forum Member

I think most people must be reading this thread now on the DigitalSp-Iplayer, the overnight ratings have dropped right off
Old 30-12-2011, 20:26
Muttley76
Forum Member

Well, I say 'opinion', but really I'm the only one fearless enough to say what we're all thinking. Absolutely every one of us.

I mean, if I just contributed to the main thread on the topic, people might skim past my post, and that would be a tragedy.

They'd miss my well-informed totally objective assessment about how the show failed to match up perfectly with my idea of what it should be.

To conclude: blah blah blah doomed blah blah blah 1989 blah blah blah showrunner must go blah blah blah emotions blah blah blah

I'm just going to jump in here without bothering to read any of the replies to this thread and ask a question that had already been asked and answered half a dozen times already......
Muttley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 20:46
Bruce Wayne
Forum Member

I'm just going to jump in here without bothering to read any of the replies to this thread and ask a question that had already been asked and answered half a dozen times already......
And I will now ridicule you and post a link
Bruce Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote