Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

My opinion is very important, and deserves its own thread

Old 08-05-2013, 16:10
Granny McSmith
Forum Member

How dare I mock one of the mockers, look at this thread mocking others opinion but as soon as their own posts are mocked its a big no no. All of a sudden they have become defensive, a first for this thread.
Well, I was trying to explain, and I'm sorry you don't get the point of this thread, but if you don't you don't. We'll just have to differ in this.
Granny McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-05-2013, 16:12
nebogipfel
Forum Member

Phew! Called myself a smelly poo face just in time.
nebogipfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 16:13
Thrombin
Forum Member

How dare I mock one of the mockers, look at this thread mocking others opinion but as soon as their own posts are mocked its a big no no. All of a sudden they have become defensive, funny its ONLY happened once they have been mocked.
Sorry Camera but you're way off base. It's like someone getting up in the middle of a standup comedy routine and complaining that the comedian is mocking mother-in-laws.

Taking offense at this thread is just as ridiculous.
Thrombin is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 16:15
CAMERA OBSCURA
Forum Member

Well, I was trying to explain, and I'm sorry you don't get the point of this thread, but if you don't you don't. We'll just have to differ in this.
I get the point of this thread Granny, but it is no longer just about threads being started it is about any and every poster a select few disagree with.

But of course if any of the mockers want to start a thread with their opinion that's fine isn't it?
CAMERA OBSCURA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 16:18
DiscoP
Forum Member

DiscoP is a smelly poo face. And, in the interest of balance, self deprecation and full disclosure, so am I.
How dare you sir! I'll have you know I had a wash only last Tuesday.
DiscoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 16:21
Thrombin
Forum Member

Would not, could not, would not, could not, could not join the dance.
Thrombin is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 16:23
Granny McSmith
Forum Member

I get the point of this thread Granny, but it is no longer just about threads being started it is about any and every poster a select few disagree with.

But of course if any of the mockers want to start a thread with their opinion that's fine isn't it?
It's not a select few - anyone can post here.

And anyone who posts here might get their thread/opinion mocked.

It's just not that serious.
Old 08-05-2013, 16:24
DiscoP
Forum Member

Not fussed if anyone wants to mock me , just thought Id see what happens when a select few are mocked, no surprise they dont like it.
You can't mock a mocker, sounds like a tongue twister to me

Defensive? Or just trying to explain the context of some of my posts and correct some of the mistakes you made?

Forgive me Camera but you don't seem to use much humour in your mocking, if nothing else you could add a to the end of your posts because then hopefully people will read it is a joke even if you were serious when you wrote it. It works wonders for me. See
Old 08-05-2013, 16:27
CAMERA OBSCURA
Forum Member

Sorry Camera but you're way off base. It's like someone getting up in the middle of a standup comedy routine and complaining that the comedian is mocking mother-in-laws.

Taking offense at this thread is just as ridiculous.
I haven't taken offense.

If I go to see a comedian I know what to expect, but your heckler analogy doesn't work I'm afraid. A heckler confront the comedian what you guy do is sneak of an mock in a dedicated thread. Very nice eh? I didn't know that part of posting options about a TV show involved dedicated thread solely for mocking fellow members.

Unfortunately I dont think it is fair for posters, some first time, to have their posts and opinions mocked, genuine and valid opinions, no more or less than your own. Dress it up as much as you want to but if a poster has an options and if a few select people disagree they are open to mocking in this thread.

And you guys are special because?
Old 08-05-2013, 16:27
SilenceWillFall
Forum Member

In post 1200 it will be revealed:

Spoiler

SilenceWillFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 16:30
DiscoP
Forum Member

The Mods are in charge of these things camera, last time I looked none of us were Mods.

For example last week I saw a thread called something like "Worst episode that I've ever seen" this was merged by the mods with the relevant episode thread. Similarly someone else started a thread called "Best episode that I've ever seen" and the Mods merged this one too. Seems fair, no?

The thread can be about anything that you want it to be. Most of it is just nonsense anyway. I only joined it a few pages back. It's not a locked thread where only a select clique can post. The OP seems to have left months ago anyway...
Old 08-05-2013, 16:36
Granny McSmith
Forum Member

I think I may start a select clique. Who wants to join?

No one who has a smelly poo face need apply.

My joining fees are rather high, but the benefits are incalculable, and I'll tell you what they are when I think of them.
Old 08-05-2013, 16:37
DiscoP
Forum Member

My joining fees are rather high, but the benefits are incalculable, and I'll tell you what they are when I think of them.
Me! Me! Me! Can I join please?

Oh no. I can't

Damn you Nebo!!
Old 08-05-2013, 16:40
Granny McSmith
Forum Member

Me! Me! Me! Can I join please?

Oh no. I can't

Damn you Nebo!!
You could start your own select clique consisting only of people who have a smelly poo face.

Soon everyone will want to join so much they will think a smelly poo face a small price to pay.

We can be rival cliques and have clique wars.
Old 08-05-2013, 16:41
CAMERA OBSCURA
Forum Member

DiscoP

Defensive? Or just trying to explain the context of some of my posts and correct some of the mistakes you made?
Maybe mock people posts in the relevant threads then so they can respond rather than here, seems fair no?

Forgive me Camera but you don't seem to use much humour in your mocking, if nothing else you could add a to the end of your posts because then hopefully people will read it is a joke even if you were serious when you wrote it. It works wonders for me. See
I'll give it a shoot...

A few sly posters that scuttle off into this thread to mock others opinions .

I added a few more similes because hopefully it will mean I can use the excuse that I was being self deprecating and not really mocking fellow members.

Like that you mean.

Old 08-05-2013, 16:47
kyllerbuzcut
Forum Member

Am I being mocked here? I can't tell
kyllerbuzcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 16:50
DiscoP
Forum Member

Maybe mock people posts in the relevant threads then so they can respond rather than here, seems fair no?

I'll give it a shoot...

A few sly posters that scuttle off into this thread to mock others opinions .

I added a few more similes because hopefully it will mean I can use the excuse that I was being self deprecating and not really mocking fellow members.

Like that you mean.

As I said several posts up. I do argue points and discuss things in the relevant posts as well as coming on here to make general comments about views on the forum or let off steam at other times. If people wanted to be sneaky about it then they're not doing a very good job because it's on a public forum, which is usually quite near the top of the first page.

If nothing else, if it helps, I generally think that I'm wrong nine times out of ten anyway. I find it saves time for when people inevitably prove me wrong.

As for the rest... by jove I think you beginning to get it
Old 08-05-2013, 16:52
DiscoP
Forum Member

This whole threads a mockery

Anyway, who wants to join my smelly poo face gang?
Old 08-05-2013, 16:55
Granny McSmith
Forum Member

Yes. Next.

I generally think that I'm wrong nine times out of ten anyway. I find it saves time for when people inevitably prove me wrong.
Ha! you have the same philosophy as me, Disco.
Old 08-05-2013, 17:05
Whovian1109
Forum Member

I don't have a smelly poo face but my little sister frequent tells me i'm a bum head, so can I join?
Whovian1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 17:15
DiscoP
Forum Member

Ha! you have the same philosophy as me, Disco.
No you're wrong. Oh wait, so am I. ARGGGHHHH It's a paradox!
Old 08-05-2013, 17:33
kyllerbuzcut
Forum Member

Right- I've just been through the nappy bin and managed to cover my face in smelly poo. Does this mean I now have mock immunity?
Old 08-05-2013, 17:39
DiscoP
Forum Member

Right- I've just been through the nappy bin and managed to cover my face in smelly poo. Does this mean I now have mock immunity?
That is entirely correct because you can't mock a smelly poo faced mocker.
Old 08-05-2013, 17:44
kyllerbuzcut
Forum Member

What about mock tutrles?
Old 08-05-2013, 17:51
DiscoP
Forum Member

What about mock tutrles?
Are they a bit like the teenage mutant ninja turtles?