Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Playing it Straight making a return

Old 31-01-2012, 12:52
QualityCereal
Forum Member

Loving Carr's narration, really makes the show. Enjoyed the first series and glad to see it back after all these years!
QualityCereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 31-01-2012, 14:11
Yobaba**
Forum Member

I now have a major crush on David...
Me too. He is so sweet.

I thought he'd be gay though. Of the remaining ones, I think Sam / Ben / Levi are the gay ones. I also think the two new boys are probably gay also to throw in a curveball.
Yobaba** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 15:04
chocolatebutton
Forum Member

People who just said those two spoilers, what is your source?

Sven and Levi just seem to obvious to be straight... I'm going to guess one of them turns out gay. Then Sam, Ben and Dean seem to obvious to be gay.

I think like last series, there will be an obvious 'straight' guy who all along the girl thinks is straight but turns out to be gay (Ben from last series)

It would just be too easy to have all the typically 'straight' acting guys to all actually turn out straight.
I may be wrong though haha
chocolatebutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 15:13
Abigail88
Forum Member

I'd definitely swap Dean and Danny, I think it'd be too 'shocking' for Danny to be actually gay, he's very attractive though. Dean practically outed himself on the last show.
I'm correct again Yet to get one wrong!

I agree though, the picture with Dean on facebook seems quite camp....to add to the list, I think Mitch is gay, and Jordan is straight

Fletcher, Straight (correct)
Leroy, Gay (correct)
Andrei, Straight (correct)
Fillipo, Straight (correct)
Kyle, Gay (correct)
David, Gay (correct)

Jordan Straight
Mitch Gay
Dean Straight
Danny Gay
Levi Straight
Sven Straight
Ben Gay
Sam Gay

although i am starting to think that danny and dean switch around but that's what i guessed at the beginning.

Also, Dean may not have necessarily slipped up. On Playing it Straight Series 1, a guy who came third did the same thing (he turned out to be straight)...wouldnt be surprised if the production team told them to do that just to mix it up
Abigail88 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 15:59
misssf
Forum Member

Major spoiler here:

Spoiler
Spoiler
misssf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 16:00
misssf
Forum Member

I thought David was really obviously gay.
Old 31-01-2012, 16:04
Black Dagger
Inactive Member

Same Missf, he was the one I was most confident about.

I'm not looking at spoilers, I don't want to, I reckon Danny is one of the few straight guys.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 18:52
happygoluckyboy
Forum Member

Yes I will be happy to bet you any sum of money as I know for a fact it's true. I'm unsure why you think you know I'm wrong, or why you think it's ok to call me a troll. I've put it out there as a concealed spoiler for those that want to know the winner before the final is screened.
happygoluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 19:58
Master Ozzy
Forum Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
Master Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 20:57
Know Yourself!
Forum Member

So here is Kyle's Twitter and through his pictures and following/followers you can find the rest, including Cara.

https://twitter.com/kyleeccleston

I think their Twitter's make it pretty obvious who is gay.
Know Yourself! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 21:06
misssf
Forum Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
Old 01-02-2012, 00:53
Master Ozzy
Forum Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
Master Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:19
bencat88
Forum Member

I wouldn't mind a Twin sandwich! Just saying!

In terms of straight/gay, I don't know why they would put someone like Levi on the show if he was straight as it's just too obvious if that makes sense! But I'm pretty much sure along with most on here that the Twins, Dean and the new guy Mitch are homo's!
bencat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:33
happygoluckyboy
Forum Member

Spoiler
FACT
happygoluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:17
Blah123
Forum Member

When David was saying how nice it was to be win the most 'straight' looking and how it made him feel good after all the taunts at school - was so sweet and I would have felt the exact same. I want to meet him... Haha
Blah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:38
Norristar
Forum Member

David, for me seemed really straight until Monday's ep where he seemed to camp it up a bit? I don't know, just the meal at the beach he seemed really camp and obvious he was gay. My thought was he liked Cara too much and didn't want to lie to her so wanted to let on he was gay??

Still think Ben is, and was sure he was going to be the one to go. Def think Mitch is gay, but then again I was sure David is straight!

Also, never having watched the last series, but, are the guys meant to fancy the girl? It just seem that NONE of them have any remote interested in Cara. At all.
Norristar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:53
javjamoll84
Forum Member

Also, never having watched the last series, but, are the guys meant to fancy the girl? It just seem that NONE of them have any remote interested in Cara. At all.
It's been years but I've always assumed it was about 'love' aswell. But this series seems all about the money...
javjamoll84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 21:14
Layzeegoat
Forum Member

Here are my guesses after last Monday's episode:

Ben - Gay
Danny - Straight
Dean - Gay
Jordan- Straight
Levi - Gay
Mitch - Gay
Sam - Straight
Sven - Gay

Guessed correctly:
Andrei - Straight
David - Gay

Before I started watching:
Fillipo - Straight
Kyle - Gay
Fletcher - Straight
Leroy - Gay

My reasoning for Sven being gay is that he seems too obviously straight, so I think he's a decoy. Danny is very effeminate, but somehow I think he's straight. Ben and Sam look so obviously gay that I think at least one of them must be straight. It's been known for identical twins to have different sexual orientations, so I'm hedging my bets (be funny if I got it the wrong way around!). Don't think Levi is straight, despite what most people are saying.

I don't think it would be that strange if none of the boys fancied Cara. If the chemistry isn't there, it isn't there. There's nothing wrong in wanting a share of the 50k. They all know it's a game.
Layzeegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 21:22
Stube
Forum Member

I'm absolutely hooked on this show. It's extremely entertaining and funny to see who is lying through their teeth.

So far I've correctly predicted that Filipo and Andrei are straight and that Leroy was gay. I had no idea about Kyle and I thought David was straight.

My belated predictions are (assuming 50% are gay since the sexualities of the departed contestants are split 50-50):

Sam - straight
Ben - gay (although I get the feeling that both twins are straight and Ben did replace an apparently straight contestant after all...)
Dean - gay
Danny - straight
Levi - straight
Sven - gay
Mitch - gay
Jordan - straight
Stube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:03
shoneooo
Forum Member

Ben - Gay
Danny - Gay
Dean - Gay
Jordan- Straight
Levi - Straight
Mitch - Straight
Sam - Gay
Sven - Straight

Spoiler
shoneooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 13:07
KimberleyEscada
Forum Member

[quote=Norristar;56306632
Also, never having watched the last series, but, are the guys meant to fancy the girl? It just seem that NONE of them have any remote interested in Cara. At all.[/QUOTE]

I think this is what makes this series so much harder than the original! no offence to Cara, she is a good looking girl, but none of the men (some of them must be straight) seem to be attracted to her in the slightest.
KimberleyEscada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 20:34
PythonFang
Forum Member

Finally got around to catching up on this, absolutely loving it! I'm so tempted to read spoilers but I'll control myself. I do think they should do a "Playing it Gay" version after this, although it probably wouldn't pull in as many viewers. Some predictions...

Sven is straight and Levi is gay, and if I'm wrong then it's the other round. I just can't see them both being gay, and I think if they both turned out to be straight it'd be a tad boring. I also think Danny is straight, he's not really done anything to make me think otherwise. He looked genuinely pissed off in the gay bar. The two new guys I'm unsure of, but for now I'm saying Mitch is gay, Jordan's straight. Dean seems pretty gay, the only thing that makes me question that is his occupation. Seems pretty manly to me. The twins are where it becomes insanely difficult, the only thing I'm confident about is that at least one of them must be gay. Whether it is Sam, Ben or both I literally have no idea.

I don't think the guys are as hot this series, but I definitely would love a ton of them to be gay. Sam and Ben are super super cute, and I was seriously turned on when we got a sight of Mitch's pubes .
PythonFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 20:35
Black Dagger
Inactive Member

Finally got around to catching up on this, absolutely loving it! I'm so tempted to read spoilers but I'll control myself. I do think they should do a "Playing it Gay" version after this, although it probably wouldn't pull in as many viewers. Some predictions...

Sven is straight and Levi is gay, and if I'm wrong then it's the other round. I just can't see them both being gay, and I think if they both turned out to be straight it'd be a tad boring. I also think Danny is straight, he's not really done anything to make me think otherwise. He looked genuinely pissed off in the gay bar. The two new guys I'm unsure of, but for now I'm saying Mitch is gay, Jordan's straight. Dean seems pretty gay, the only thing that makes me question that is his occupation. Seems pretty manly to me. The twins are where it becomes insanely difficult, the only thing I'm confident about is that at least one of them must be gay. Whether it is Sam, Ben or both I literally have no idea.

I don't think the guys are as hot this series, but I definitely would love a ton of them to be gay. Sam and Ben are super super cute, and I was seriously turned on when we got a sight of Mitch's pubes .
There has been a version like that in the USA, called Boy Meets Boy.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 20:47
PythonFang
Forum Member

I know, I've seen it I don't know if I liked it as much though, as the "Cara" of that show only found out at the end that he was being lied to.
PythonFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 21:46
KimberleyEscada
Forum Member

I know, I've seen it I don't know if I liked it as much though, as the "Cara" of that show only found out at the end that he was being lied to.
That just sounds cruel!
KimberleyEscada is offline   Reply With Quote