Options

Are the Mitchell's old news?

Timmy TiptoesTimmy Tiptoes Posts: 42
Forum Member
Has their day passed?

If the future is Ben then they may as well give up now!

Comments

• Options
    EastEndFan05EastEndFan05 Posts: 4,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitchells >>>>>>>>>>>>> Brannings

And I say that as someone who isn't even a fan of the Mitchells.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 57,022
    Forum Member
    It depends who you prefer. I love both families but the mitchells are just a normal family with two kids + 2 adults they have a brilliant dynamic

Brannings are huge and you have the butchers and cross family connected to them so they aren't really the one family
  • Options
    JamieMacdonaldJamieMacdonald Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Beales will rise again
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes the mitchells need to go;)
  • Options
    lmcd08lmcd08 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the mitchells will always be my favourite family in eastenders so no not for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    joeski97 wrote: »
    yes the mitchells need to go;)

no they dont :rolleyes: just because they aint "fit" they should go ? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Brannings need to go. They're all horrible and self absorbed apart from Abi. I don't want to watch these muppets day in day out for years. The Fowler/Beales, they ain't! No doubt the Mitchells aren't much better these days but I'd sooner have them than the likes of Max, Jack and Derek.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't need to go but there's a danger they get focused on too much, as are the Moons at the moment.

Denise is only just starting to be used properly after months of being side-lined - and she's one of just a few black characters on the show - and a number of others are being neglected too.
  • Options
    alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Brannings need to go. They're all horrible and self absorbed apart from Abi. I don't want to watch these muppets day in day out for years.

Guess what? You don't have to!
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes ... goodnight x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alsmama wrote: »
    Guess what? You don't have to!

How so? They're always on screen:confused:

You have to wade through the Branning b.s. to get to the good characters like Dot, Denise, Patrick and so on. The only thing the Brannings have that I want to see more of is Cora and by default Carol (Jackson).
  • Options
    Forum Member

You have to wade through the Branning b.s. to get to the good characters like Dot, Denise, Patrick and so on. The only thing the Brannings have that I want to see more of is Cora and by default Carol (Jackson).

thats what i mean about the brannings. cora isn't a proper branning not really

at least the mitchells are just one family with a couple of cousins.
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Brannings need to go. They're all horrible and self absorbed apart from Abi. I don't want to watch these muppets day in day out for years. The Fowler/Beales, they ain't! No doubt the Mitchells aren't much better these days but I'd sooner have them than the likes of Max, Jack and Derek.

Abi is the most self absorbed of all of them! she isn't in the least bit interested in anyone else's happiness other than her own, the only interest she has shown in Tanya's illness was to berate her for not telling her when she realised Tanya had told Lauren first, she disregarded Tanya's wishes and tried to manipulate a reconcilliation with Max because it was what Abi wanted, she interfered with Darren and Jodi's relationship because she had a crush on Darren, and then she terrorises Grace Alubunmi for no apparent reason!
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mitchells lost it when their Matriarch left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cobis wrote: »
    Abi is the most self absorbed of all of them! she isn't in the least bit interested in anyone else's happiness other than her own, the only interest she has shown in Tanya's illness was to berate her for not telling her when she realised Tanya had told Lauren first, she disregarded Tanya's wishes and tried to manipulate a reconcilliation with Max because it was what Abi wanted, she interfered with Darren and Jodi's relationship because she had a crush on Darren, and then she terrorises Grace Alubunmi for no apparent reason!

she was worried about lauren last night
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    CBFreak wrote: »
    The Mitchells lost it when their Matriarch left.

Totally agree with this! Bring back Peggy :D

But I completely disagree with all the Branning Bashing, I don't think they're that bad, I quite like them to be fair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    In their current line-up, yes they are.

Phil's character is very tired, clichéd and difficult to take seriously anymore.

Shirley is good but she's technically not even a Mitchell. Her involvement with Phil has dulled her character slightly.

Jay is in my opinion the best Mitchell at the moment and the actor who plays him is brilliant. It's a pity that he hasn't been given a palpable, solid storyline in a while. The only thing is, is he really a Mitchell? I find it hard to see him as a Mitchell.

Ben... ugh HATE HIM!!!

Roxy at the moment is a chore to watch but I still think she has potential with the correct story.

Overall though, I can't see long-term a future for the Mitchells in Albert Square. The family just seems really disjointed at the moment, a mere shadow of what they were 2 years ago. They RULED Albert Square but now.... They've lost their magic.
  • Options
    alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You don't have to watch! Eastenders wasn't compulsory viewing last I checked ...
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They had their day when grunt left. Get rid, the Brannings are far more interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alsmama wrote: »
    You don't have to watch! Eastenders wasn't compulsory viewing last I checked ...

Thanks for your stunning insight. I'll be sure to take your well thought out and constructive advice on board. I'm just waiting for Hell to freeze over first :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mitchell's shouldnt go.

Phil & Billy are the only true mitchells left and i feel sorry Phil in that pairing.

Jay isnt a mitchell remove him from the equation. Give him his own storyline or get rid.

Shirley needs to either marry phil of be removed from the mitchell's. Hard to accept her as Phil's Mrs while they arent married.

Roxy & Ronnie - You feel the wrong sister is off screen. :D Ronnie was easy to digest as a mitchell, Roxy makes you want to puke your guts up.

Phil, Peggy, Grant, Sam, Archie were all strong characters that lived up to the name.

All that said please please please no more extended family.
    Id accept Phil's Uncle Clive & Aunty Elaine, although why they'd want to live in albert square i have no idea.
  • Options
    Hollywood1989Hollywood1989 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ExBlonde wrote: »
    Totally agree with this! Bring back Peggy :D

But I completely disagree with all the Branning Bashing, I don't think they're that bad, I quite like them to be fair.

I think this is nonsense - Phil, Grant and Sam survived without peggy between 1990-1994
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    They had their day when grunt left. Get rid, the Brannings are far more interesting.

There is nothing interesting about Max, Jack or Derek. Lauren is off the rails, Tanya is self absorbed and was that way long before the Cancer. Carol is very much involved with the Butcher clan so doesn't really count.

The Mitchells aren't my favourite family but I have a soft spot for Billy, Phil can be good with the right material and we have Ben, Lola and Jay who are showing potential as the next generation.

I think it is the Brannings who have nowhere to go.
  • Options
    GooseberryloveGooseberrylove Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    Could the Moons or Butchers replace the Mitchells?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    I think this is nonsense - Phil, Grant and Sam survived without peggy between 1990-1994

True, but does Phil now thrive without Grant and Sam?