Options

The Aaron Appreciation Thread (Part 15)

SupportSupport Posts: 71,083
Administrator
Bluestone wrote: »
I was at the show BBOTS yesterday and knew that Aaron was gonna be on ..but since he didnt announce it, I didnt think it was fair for me to.

Anyway- wow he is Cuuuuuuuttte in the flesh. Quite trim. I think he was nervous/unsure about how he would be recieved before he came out on to the show but before he sate on the panel, he did timidly emerge at the back of the studio and got a lengthy and strong applause and whoops/waves from the crowd. He recived this again with awkward timidness but smiles and I think this was good for him.

Throughout the show he was making faces when PB said his outrageous and disrepestful things. You wouldnt have seen half. It was funny when off air PB walked to his panel seat with Aaron already sitting. Aaron's face was a picture looking at the monstrosity of PB (as was mine). Really it was like having a beast in the studio.

Regarding the 'Are they celebrities comment?', though it wasnt show, I think Aaron might have regretted the comment a little bit (at the time) as he shook his head and put his hands to his head as if he was thinking 'Oh lord why did I have to say that'. But by that time it had cut back to emma and the audience.

Anyway, shame I didnt get to talk to Aaron as he left for the camera run and so wasnt in the studio at the end of the show. I can see some die hards waited around outside for pics and so he would have had some fandome love after.

After watching/seeing Aaron in the flesh, i have a new understanding as to why Faye early on made that comment about wanting to hug him (in a non sexual way). He just has this endearing awkward presence. Anyway hope to see a lot more of him on BOTS but more so real bb in the summer.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1600322

Comments

• Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,920
      Forum Member
      Woo hoo - shiny new thread :D

Come in poppets and make yourselves at home ;)
    • Options
      TwizzyTwizzy Posts: 7,054
      Forum Member
      Oh yay :D New Thread!

Glad they brought your post over Bluestone as I was about to respond to it!

I'm so pleased Aaron had some supporters in the audience for his first BOTS appearance, and lucky you being there :D It's very interesting hearing about it from your point of view :)

Shame you didn't get to speak to him. Are you coming to the party on the 4th?
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,843
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      AaronspoppetsAaron Allard-Morgan

@primroselawn still getting used to being on camera etc. I'm sure I'll be braver next time.xx
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,843
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

@ThoughtsOnBB @BBBOTS @bbbits @FayePalmer_BB is behind my attire last night, she knows how to make me presentable.xx
    • Options
      Izzie321Izzie321 Posts: 1,639
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Ooh a new thread!! :)

Bluestone - it's a shame that your post ended the last thread as we can't quote it now. But thanks so much, it's great to hear the little bits that happened around what we watched!!

I'll echo what you've said - I'll look forward to watching him on bbots now and in the Summer. Hopefully with him going out for a drink with the production team he's endearing himself to everyone and he'll go on often (I'm sure this isn't how it works but you never know! )
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

@ThoughtsOnBB @BBBOTS @bbbits @FayePalmer_BB is behind my attire last night, she knows how to make me presentable.xx

Aww... and the girl did good. He looked hot. :cool:
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,114
      Forum Member
      I think that Amy Childs would be a better team captain from BOTS perspective because she seems to fit the theme of the show and she probably thinks that the housemates are 'real celebrities just like herself'. Aaron will come into his own in the show. I thought the camera run at the end was interesting. There was chemistry between him and Vanessa. They should do more work together and spying into the house, Aaron can add some intereresting reflections. Once we have seen Aaron and Mark on the VT we will get a better idea of how Aaron wants to portray himself over the duration.

Morning all
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Silver-Fox wrote: »
      I think that Amy Childs would be a better team captain from BOTS perspective because she seems to fit the theme of the show and she probably thinks that the housemates are 'real celebrities just like herself'. Aaron will come into his own in the show. I thought the camera run at the end was interesting. There was chemistry between him and Vanessa. They should do more work together and spying into the house, Aaron can add some intereresting reflections. Once we have seen Aaron and Mark on the VT we will get a better idea of how Aaron wants to portray himself over the duration.

Morning all

Morning!

I'm not so sure about this... they probably had an idea and he just went with it. After his apology about his attire I think it might not be his choice of vt! lol
    • Options
      BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Izzie321 wrote: »
      Ooh a new thread!! :)

Bluestone - it's a shame that your post ended the last thread as we can't quote it now. But thanks so much, it's great to hear the little bits that happened around what we watched!!

I'll echo what you've said - I'll look forward to watching him on bbots now and in the Summer. Hopefully with him going out for a drink with the production team he's endearing himself to everyone and he'll go on often (I'm sure this isn't how it works but you never know! )

Yeah - I hope that's how it works- although I'm sure the production staff are not so keen to go for a drink with PB and he still gets mad bookings for the show :) . I guess that is for other reasons. the man is vile and I was surprised when i saw Emma hug him after the show wrapped. I think she geniuinely likes him.

As for Aaron, there was another thing. The prod team were telling us to dance at the start of the show when the Frankie cocozza non look alike was singing. Before filming some girl in the front row caught Aaron's attention and was asking him to make sure he did his dance (in a nice way). He was just smiling shyly and shaking his head.

Must say he seemed to have the full support of the audience - not just some. i was really pleased and I kinda think he was happy surprised. That booing when he won the show must still leave some scars and caution on his part. Bless him.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      Izzie321 wrote: »
      Morning!

I'm not so sure about this... they probably had an idea and he just went with it. After his apology about his attire I think it might not be his choice of vt! lol

I agree with you. I wonder about the VT too.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Yeah - I hope that's how it works- although I'm sure the production staff are not so keen to go for a drink with PB and he still gets mad bookings for the show :) . I guess that is for other reasons. the man is vile and I was surprised when i saw Emma hug him after the show wrapped. I think she geniuinely likes him.

As for Aaron, there was another thing. The prod team were telling us to dance at the start of the show when the Frankie cocozza non look alike was singing. Before filming some girl in the front row caught Aaron's attention and was asking him to make sure he did his dance (in a nice way). He was just smiling shyly and shaking his head.

Must say he seemed to have the full support of the audience - not just some. i was really pleased and I kinda think he was happy surprised. That booing when he won the show must still leave some scars and caution on his part. Bless him.

bib1 - Yeah other reasons... controversy!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:
      bib2 - so glad to hear that! It certainly sounded like it on tv :):) It doesn't surprise me he was shy. For us we're used to seeing him on tv... and he's almost like a veteran (we've seen him so much on it that it almost seems weird that it would be nerving for him). I went down to the bbots studio last year and it was unnerving to say the least.. and that was just in the audience. Next to PB it must have been weird... esp after what he'd said on that last bbots they were on. He just seems the kind of guy who is confident in who he is... once he's got the sum of ppl. Hence his quietness for nearly a week in bb!

p.s. How sweet was it when in the runs when he alluded to his shyness and how Faye had to come up to him in the end!!
    • Options
      Forum Member
      @Aaronspoppets

30 minutes ago via

Lovely Tweet.
    • Options
      Forum Member

Apologies just spotted this.
    • Options
      Forum Member

There was a definate marked improvement on the audience from during the series and especially on final night.

Cant really blame him for being nervous etc - not that I'm suggesting anyone was saying that ;)

I like that about him - that he's still a bit shy and mumbly about it all. Certainly wouldn't want him to suddenly be full of himself because he won, type thing! :D
    • Options
      Forum Member
      @Aaronspoppets

30 minutes ago via

Lovely Tweet.

Stupid work computer wont let me multi quote grr :mad:

I like their Tweets like this - lovely wee, subtle compliments about each other :D
    • Options
      Forum Member
      Stupid work computer wont let me multi quote grr :mad:

I like their Tweets like this - lovely wee, subtle compliments about each other :D
      Yes other couples;) may tweet all day long about each other hoping to gain interest. But these are almost like private messages.:)
    • Options
      CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

People move on, opinions change and people forget why they disliked someone in the first place. Aaron was a fabulous HM even those who didn't like him would agree with that (well most of them!) and there is nothing the BBOTS like more than to have something or someone to discuss. they don't want to sit there saying how lovely and fabulous someone is. Aaron gave them lots to talk about in the last series and for that I am sure he has their respect as fans of the show.

I also wonder if they are aiming for a more toned down show this time. Pete kept making reference to lawsuits and things and I wonder if they are trying to take some of the rough edges away that were sharpened to points during the last series.

And as for Pete Burns - yes he is vile but he does alot of it for affect. he contradicts himself within minutes. I find there is a certain vulnerability about him. He is clearly an unhappy man.:)
    • Options
      BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Indeed we were reminded a number of times about a certain super injunction and therefore were not allowed to mention certain celebrities subject to that if you imagine what I mean.
    • Options
      nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
      Forum Member
      Cornchips wrote: »
      People move on, opinions change and people forget why they disliked someone in the first place. Aaron was a fabulous HM even those who didn't like him would agree with that (well most of them!) and there is nothing the BBOTS like more than to have something or someone to discuss. they don't want to sit there saying how lovely and fabulous someone is. Aaron gave them lots to talk about in the last series and for that I am sure he has their respect as fans of the show.

I also wonder if they are aiming for a more toned down show this time. Pete kept making reference to lawsuits and things and I wonder if they are trying to take some of the rough edges away that were sharpened to points during the last series.

And as for Pete Burns - yes he is vile but he does alot of it for affect. he contradicts himself within minutes. I find there is a certain vulnerability about him. He is clearly an unhappy man.:)

Morning all. Thanks so much for the behind the scenes report. Very interesting!

Unfortunately I fell asleep so didn't watch BOTS or Aaron. Hope to watch it on demand if it's available.

I think Aaron will grow into the role. Seems to me he is still a bit vulnerable about how he is perceived - and remember - none of the panellists - PB or the awful Harries woman or Jamie or Alice - supported him when he was in the house. I would think he is very very nervous. Bless him.

To be honest the only celebrities are Denise, Gareth, Natalie and Michael. The rest are models. Never heard of Romeo so forgive me if he too is a real celebrity. As for Andrew Stone - what does he look like. He was really good looking when he was blonde. I keep wondering if he has had his eyebrows tattooed on?

Anyway, I'm sure Aaron will grow into the role. Thanks again for the report on BBBOTS. Much appreciated.
    • Options
      Forum Member

I take it you haven't seen the thread out there yet
      >

:eek:

Cult is doing a fab job in it - far more patience than me, as I get fed up with it all after a couple of posts, if I manage that :)
    • Options
      CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I take it you haven't seen the thread out there yet
      >

:eek:

Cult is doing a fab job in it - far more patience than me, as I get fed up with it all after a couple of posts, if I manage that :)

that thread just makes me laugh - it reminds me very much of my two deaf elderly relatives (now sadly departed) who used to sit there for hours having a lovely conversation with each other both on different topics and neither knowing what the other one was saying but both far to vain to admit that they couldn't hear each other!! half of them on that thread don't even know what they are arguing about but just feel the need to argue or be negative about something.:D I prefer to stay out of such threads as it just makes them longer and makes the OP think they have made a good point!:D
    • Options
      Forum Member
      that thread just makes me laugh - it reminds me very much of my two deaf elderly relatives (now sadly departed) who used to sit there for hours having a lovely conversation with each other both on different topics and neither knowing what the other one was saying but both far to vain to admit that they couldn't hear each other!! half of them on that thread don't even know what they are arguing about but just feel the need to argue or be negative about something.:D I prefer to stay out of such threads as it just makes them longer and makes the OP think they have made a good point!:D

You reminded me of a Les Dawson sketch:D The sketch I mean!!
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
      Forum Member
      After reading some of the negative comments about Aaron in the main forum earlier today, one in particular calling him a freak (I'm sure even in the BB house other HMs referred to him as a freak and wierdo at least in the early days), I decided to post the following. I realise it's not going to be of interest to everybody, and is I suppose off-topic to a degree, (although it does relate back to Aaron) so I apologise for my self-indulgence.

Anyhow these are the lyrics from the Manic Street Preachers song "Underdogs", a lot of them kind of sum up part of why Aaron meant so much to me in the house and made me feel like he was representing me in there, also some I think are quite relevant to Aaron himself while he was in there and maybe even his appreciation of his fans.

This one's for the freaks, for you're so beautiful
      For all the devotion written in your soul

This one's for the freaks, for the lost and weak
      For the butterflies and devotees
      For the disciples of our destiny

This one's for the freaks, beaten down and lost
      The shy and withdrawn, or just out of touch

May you stay like freaks
      May you make mistakes
      May your will never break
      For underdogs revenge is sweet

And like the underdogs we are shining bright
    • Options
      Forum Member
      zincalloy wrote: »
      After reading some of the negative comments about Aaron in the main forum earlier today, one in particular calling him a freak (I'm sure even in the BB house other HMs referred to him as a freak and wierdo at least in the early days), I decided to post the following. I realise it's not going to be of interest to everybody, and is I suppose off-topic to a degree, (although it does relate back to Aaron) so I apologise for my self-indulgence.

Anyhow these are the lyrics from the Manic Street Preachers song "Underdogs", a lot of them kind of sum up part of why Aaron meant so much to me in the house and made me feel like he was representing me in there, also some I think are quite relevant to Aaron himself while he was in there and maybe even his appreciation of his fans.

This one's for the freaks, for you're so beautiful
      For all the devotion written in your soul

This one's for the freaks, for the lost and weak
      For the butterflies and devotees
      For the disciples of our destiny

This one's for the freaks, beaten down and lost
      The shy and withdrawn, or just out of touch

May you stay like freaks
      May you make mistakes
      May your will never break
      For underdogs revenge is sweet

And like the underdogs we are shining bright

That was excellent:)

When jay changed the money on the board. Referring to Aaron he said 'because he's a freak!!
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      That was excellent:)

When jay changed the money on the board. Referring to Aaron he said 'because he's a freak!!

When watching Aaron there was such an endearing vulnerability about him... yet I would never have classed him as weak. I guess some thought he was a freak because he was mentally strong enough to trust in himself even when it was against the larger group.... or indeed a large part of society (and much of the bb audience... )

Going on bbbots must be a dilemma for him... as he enjoys bb, is opinionated, must like to spend time with the production team etc and must like meeting supporters.... on the negative side has to deal with the rather cringe worthy aspects of the show that are abhorrent to him... and find his place somewhere in that!
    This discussion has been closed.