Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Lana del Rey Appreciation Thread

Old 21-10-2012, 13:40
BadKid95
Forum Member

I know we have the Fleetwood Mac thread but I thought she deserved her own!
I love this woman so much, she's such a legend and so talented.
As it stands Bella Donna is my favourite album, Stop Draggin' My Heart, Edge of Seventeen, Leather and Lace and After the Glitter Fades get special mentions. In Your Dreams is also brilliant, Secret Love is probably my favourite off that. Another song I really like is Rooms on Fire
BadKid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-10-2012, 15:49
human zoo
Forum Member

I have to admit, I prefer Stevie Nicks' solo material to her Fleetwood Mac songs (though I'd rather Fleetwood Mac overall).
human zoo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 16:56
BadKid95
Forum Member

I have to admit, I prefer Stevie Nicks' solo material to her Fleetwood Mac songs (though I'd rather Fleetwood Mac overall).
Hmm I'd say they're on par with eachother, Stevie does a great job on her own but there's something about when she's with Lindsey
Old 21-10-2012, 20:23
Fear of Fours
Inactive Member

One of my favourite singers. I personally don't think she's ever topped the tracks she wrote on Tusk, though she's come close. My favourite album is Rock a Little closely followed by Bella Donna. Some of her lesser-known songs like Julia, Battle of the Dragon and Mirror, Mirror are amazing.
Fear of Fours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 20:29
BadKid95
Forum Member

Sara and Angel are two of my favourites from Tusk
Old 22-10-2012, 00:29
Fear of Fours
Inactive Member

Sara and Angel are two of my favourites from Tusk
Sara is my favourite FM song. I've never understood why Angel hasn't been performed live more often. Fingers crossed they bring it back on their next tour.
Fear of Fours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 09:53
BadKid95
Forum Member

Sara is my favourite FM song. I've never understood why Angel hasn't been performed live more often. Fingers crossed they bring it back on their next tour.
Yeah they should! But then again, that's if Stevie wants to do it, though I don't see why not

Reached my Spotify limit on Rooms on Fire
Old 25-07-2013, 15:33
BadKid95
Forum Member

Thought I'd bump this thread

Listened to The Wild Heart recently, a very good album. The best songs for me are Nightbird and If Anyone Falls, her partnership with Sandy Stewart produced some excellent songs and this is later backed up by Seven Wonders. Did they work together after that?
Old 25-07-2013, 17:01
Gigi4
Forum Member

I'm a huge fan of Stevie Nicks solo. I guess because most of Fleetwood Mac's biggest hits were a little bit before my time. The first two albums I ever bought by any artist were Wild Heart and Rock A Little. One of my favourite solo songs by her is Some Become Strangers from Rock A Little.
Gigi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 17:00
BadKid95
Forum Member

The last few days have really been Stevie days for me, been listening to the four 80s albums

Don't know if anybody else has noticed but I Can't Wait is on GTA 5 and has been used in the advert!
Old 31-07-2014, 16:20
BadKid95
Forum Member

Stevie's new album 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault is released around September I think, it will feature songs written between 1969 and 1987 along with a few 90s songs too. I am really excited for this!!!