Options

Star Trek flat up for sale.

scorpio manscorpio man Posts: 4,960
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Could you live in the Star Trek flat ?
More to the point would you pay £700,000 for it ?

Tony Alleyne, 58, has spent 10 years and more than £30,000 transforming the Hinckley flat, but now his ex-wife, who owns the property, needs to sell up.
The apartment features a replica flightdeck with full voice recognition technology.

Beam it up DS FM's :D

Guided Tour
The transporter deck and LCARS control panels

Comments

• Options
    GageGage Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't this guy on that Channel 4 show about 5 individuals showing off their house to each other in order to win the prize, similar to come dine with me.
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    Absolutely not. I would ask for a major discount to fund the refurbishment necessary to get it back to normal. It may be important to him but he's a fantasist if he believes it will add value to the house.

It looks like he is too as he tried to base a business around the idea.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I lost the will to live after 1 minute of that video ... and I quite like Star Trek.
  • Options
    Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he will get £700,000 in the year 2364 when TNG is first set, but that amount for a small one bed studio flat? He must be joking! :eek: I am sure that I have seen it on one of those TV programmes like "May the best house win" or similar. From what I remember, it is in a reasonably modern block of flats. I suspect he will end up dismantling it in August. It would be interesting to know how much other properties in the block sell for.

Just had a quick look on Find a property and although his flat isn't on it, the highest price is £152,950 for a 2 bed.

EDIT

Just had a look to see if I could find the details online. He sold it for £425,000 on ebay:eek:
    http://www.metro.co.uk/news/49211-star-trek-flat-sold-on-ebay
  • Options
    Juan KhurzJuan Khurz Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    He must be a bit radio rental.
  • Options
    Katana1000Katana1000 Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw that on the TV a few years ago.

Maybe they should consider renting it out to trekkie fans on a nightly basis (there's enough of them) something like that boat house on top of a hotel idea in London, they sold out single nights for a year in a day.

I would stay night there as a novelty and I'm not a Star Trek fan.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for him, looked pretty cool when I saw it on TV. Fees must of been what?:eek:
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could live in that, all the artificial light looks very claustrophobic :(

Pleased to see he finally sold it though :o:D