Options

Missing posts?

Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
Forum Member
Am I the only one who's found that the old "missing posts" bug has gone into overdrive over the last few days?

Whenever it's happened before I've found that simply refreshing the page makes them appear but now I can hardly ever see the last post in a thread no matter what I do. :(

Comments

• Options
    HendersonHenderson Posts: 11,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it has happened a lot more recently for me too...
  • Options
    EyeOfTheStormEyeOfTheStorm Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its happened to me a few times over the last few days and its also been logging me out at random sometimes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Been happening to me aswell :(
  • Options
    QTC13QTC13 Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto.

Thought the mods had removed one or two of my posts.

Internet in general has been pretty shite for me just lately. Not impressed.
  • Options
    Tom MillerTom Miller Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this problem is occuring again. I've let our engineering team know.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not just me then? Really peed off actually:(
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,835
    Forum Member
    Yep back for me too. Repeated refreshing while in the thread sometimes works. Sometimes have had to post to the thread myself to see the missing post.
  • Options
    MaybelleMaybelle Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol - I thought I had been hitting the 'back one page' button instead of the refresh, it's been doing my head in :D
  • Options
    Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, been happening pretty regularly here again too.

Tip for anyone who doesn't know - if you click 'Add Reply' you'll see the missing post.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <invisipost>
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    When I search my own posts, the ones that have been replied to are not highlighted as usual - been like this for days now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I must be doing something wrong. I wrote the post out, hit submit, and it disappeared... I keep getting logged out a lot too :(

I'm glad this thread was started now, hopefully it'll be sorted soon.:)
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Missing posts plus DS keeps logging me out for no apparent reason.

• Options
    Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It keeps changing to the mobile site for me, and when log in, I have to 'log in' twice. Not been logged out though, but do ahve the missing post thing too.
  • Options
    Mad Man MoonMad Man Moon Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been happening to me for months.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just tonight when I hit new posts which Is how I always check the forum, nothing from GD is showing up in the new posts for some bizarre reason.
  • Options
    Tom MillerTom Miller Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything should be behaving much better today. Please let us know if you're still seeing this problem!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's found that the old "missing posts" bug has gone into overdrive over the last few days?

Whenever it's happened before I've found that simply refreshing the page makes them appear but now I can hardly ever see the last post in a thread no matter what I do. :(

I dunno, but I seem to be posting twice today - it looks like I've not clicked "submit", nowt happens, so I click again......

Maybe I'm getting all yours!
    :D
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Deleted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tom Miller wrote: »
    Everything should be behaving much better today. Please let us know if you're still seeing this problem!

Just looked this thread up to say that the problem seems to have gone away for me ATM.

I assume something has been tinkered with?
  • Options
    albertdalbertd Posts: 14,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Miller wrote: »
    Sorry to say, it is still happening. The post from 17h49 (Post #22) in this thread didn't appear when I looked at it a few minutes ago. Going to "reply" on the previous post and it was visible in the list of previous posts, but I still cannot see it in the main list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Back again...

It's happening to me again now.

It was working perfectly earlier but now I'm getting all sorts of strange things, with my own posts and those of others not showing up.

Oddly, as well, I've just made a couple of posts and they've gone up on the forum straight away but 3 or 4 other posts immediately appear under mine.
    I suppose it's possible that a whole bunch of people just coincidentally happened to post a split-second after me on these occasions but it seems a bit odd.
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's happening a lot to me too.

Also, the threads aren't showing as read either, but they may just be my problem.
  • Options
    MaybelleMaybelle Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still got problems too, most annoying is the 'go to first unread post' button keeps sending me to the OP or anywhere else in a thread.
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine's a lot better than yesterday, but still not 100%. Still got to go on threads a few times before last posts come up or the thread shows as read

:confused: