Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Adele is so common and sounds awful

Old 13-02-2012, 15:25
COD-ZX3
Inactive Member

I had no idea she was so common and swore at every sentence. She was chewing gum while making her acceptance speech at the grammys Is this why she is a role model?

Not a fan guys.
COD-ZX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-02-2012, 15:27
konebyvax
Forum Member

I'm sure she will survive without your 'fanship'.
konebyvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 15:28
Jimmy Connors
Forum Member

I find her refreshing.

Not a fan of her music very much though. There's nothing to dislike about her music, it is just that I can't seem to get away from it.
But as for the woman herself, I quite like her.
Jimmy Connors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 15:31
Superbeast
Inactive Member

I had no idea she was so common and swore at every sentence. She was chewing gum while making her acceptance speech at the grammys Is this why she is a role model?

Not a fan guys.
Considering her fortune and sales figures, I don't think you needs you anyway.

Also she doesn't claim to be a role model. So where you assumed she was one from I have no idea. She says she smokes and eats and understands it's bad for her health but enjoys life enough to not worry about those things. Doesn't sound like she's claiming any moral high ground, simply admitting her faults.
Superbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 15:31
BomoLad
Inactive Member

I like that about her. It's how people who I know, who haven't been to stage/PR school talk.
BomoLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 15:32
yellowlabbie
Forum Member

I like that about her. It's how people who I know, who haven't been to stage/PR school talk.
I like her because noone I know talks like her
yellowlabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 15:33
shelleyj89
Forum Member

What's her accent got to do with anything? Would it be better if she spoke like the Queen?
shelleyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 15:33
elnombre
Forum Member

What has that got to do with anything? If you feel the need to blindly defend her from any criticism at least come up with something better than 'she's already rich'.
elnombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 15:45
psychgyul02
Forum Member

Oh she swears and chews gum when she speaks, the outrage! You sound like my 72 yr old nan.
psychgyul02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 15:45
Tulip19
Forum Member

What has that got to do with anything? If you feel the need to blindly defend her from any criticism at least come up with something better than 'she's already rich'.
She doesn't need to be defended for speaking in her natural accent, IMO.

A person saying they don't like an accent is one thing but to say it sounds 'common' just comes across as snobbery.

Even if it's not an inaccurate comment the complaint is so trivial. IMO.

Gum chewing, on the other hand...
Tulip19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 15:47
ladymoanalot
Forum Member

I must admit i do not like her speaking voice and she seems a bit coarse. It is not that it is necessarily a bad thing but her personality just does not match her appearance.
ladymoanalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 15:56
HenryBane
Inactive Member

But she did go to stage/PR school, so maybe it's an act?
HenryBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 15:58
lexi22
Inactive Member

Not a fan guys.
She's raw and unapologetic and has bags of talent and that's why people like/love/admire her. Quite frankly, that all you can find to say about her on the day after she's walked off with 6 Grammys is that she's common, a bit sweary and chews gum, speaks volumes about you.

Not even a small begrudging 'well done, Adele'?
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
COD-ZX3
Inactive Member

You like people who swear all the time. I wont date a girl who swear all the time. Dont think my mum would approve either . Besides I have nothing agasint accents I just meant her speech was pretty bad. 'omg Girl dun Gud' while chewing gum is not the right speech. Nothing about PR just learning to be professional when you have to be.
Superbeast
Inactive Member

Queens pay little attention to peasants throwing rocks at their gates from across moats.

Also she wouldn't have have success if she was genuinely without any talent, even if that talent was simply saving her money well. So this is all a load of unsubstantiated opinionated crap based on nothing related to reality such as her sales, fortune, ability to sell out venues, awards or increasing fame and public profile. All that suggests she is doing well and it's only getting better.

So it's more than she's rich. Numbers don't lie. Her sales figures, number of awards, ticket sales and personal fortune all are attributable to her talent and are in direct contrast to the OP's claims.

So this is like saying "Jesus is overrated" or "Religion sucks", You can have your opinion but the prolonged belief in Jesus and existence of organised religions and their continued sway over society as a whole suggest that a lot of people disagree regardless of certain opinions.
Old 13-02-2012, 15:59
belfastbobby
Inactive Member

Actually its that "commonality" that appeals to me and makes her wonderful music something special. She is a class act and a class lady.
belfastbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 16:00
COD-ZX3
Inactive Member

Also she doesn't claim to be a role model. So where you assumed she was one from I have no idea. She says she smokes and eats and understands it's bad for her health but enjoys life enough to not worry about those things. Doesn't sound like she's claiming any moral high ground, simply admitting her faults.
It's he fans that made her rich, she has to worry about the fans or else she is nothing
Old 13-02-2012, 16:00
Superbeast
Inactive Member

You like people who swear all the time. I wont date a girl who swear all the time. Dont think my mum would approve either . Besides I have nothing agasint accents I just meant her speech was pretty bad. 'omg Girl dun Gud' while chewing gum is not the right speech. Nothing about PR just learning to be professional when you have to be.
She sings for pleasure and makes money off of it. She's not clocking in 9 to 5 and under strict guidelines like a normal job. Pull your head out and realise she is above "normal working conditions and professional expectations" already. She's in Showbiz, normally working rules don't apply.
Old 13-02-2012, 16:01
Superbeast
Inactive Member

It's he fans that made her rich, she has to worry about the fans or else she is nothing
And you clearly aren't a fan. So why would she care what you say? Use some common sense or consider learning some.

Even when her fans go, her money will still reside in her bank account.
Old 13-02-2012, 16:01
Apple_Crumble
Forum Member

I can't stand her singing voice. It goes right through me!!

Not fussed either way about her normal voice.
Apple_Crumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 16:12
jonsfab
Forum Member

And you clearly aren't a fan. So why would she care what you say? Use some common sense or consider learning some.

Even when her fans go, her money will still reside in her bank account.
Not if she does a Whitney and snorts it all away
jonsfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 16:15
Superbeast
Inactive Member

Not if she does a Whitney and snorts it all away
And similarly she might inflate like a balloon and explode.

Or a piano might fall out of the sky on her.

Or a bunch of similarly unlikely scenarios involving things that probably won't happen.

And also Whitney died from drowing in a bath after consuming Xanax. She didn't die from cocaine overdose.

So in conclusion, nothing you said makes any sense in relation to anything.

Hope it's fun living in Imaginationland.
Old 13-02-2012, 16:17
jonsfab
Forum Member

Did I mention how she'd die?

I said [her money wont reside in her bank account] if she snorts it all away like WH did - she spent her 100m on drugs

Read posts before you respond

So in conclusion ... you have made a fool of yourself

Last edited by jonsfab : 13-02-2012 at 16:17. Reason: spelling
jonsfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 16:20
Jackboy18
Forum Member

You can take the girl out of the rough coucil estate...
Jackboy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 16:27
greengran
Forum Member

A dele has a wonderful voice and is an ordinary girl with an ordinary figure, I think she's amazing and I'm a granny of nearly 70 .
greengran is offline   Reply With Quote