Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Pramface ( BBC3 23/02/12)

Old 09-03-2012, 02:52
MrSuper
Forum Member

Anyone watching this on BBC3. Have to say it's a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, i'm really enjoying it. Ep3 tonight, Laura goes off to Edin university and Jamie follows. Definetely not as funny as last week's but amusing nonetheless.
MrSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:34
valkay
Forum Member

I am enjoying it, didn't think I would, but it is one of the better things on at the moment. I hope he doesn't settle with Laura, he's only 16, the girl with the eyebrows [she should pluck them] obviously loves him and he just thinks of her as a mate.
valkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:40
Urban Bassman
Forum Member

Anyone watching this on BBC3. Have to say it's a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, i'm really enjoying it. Ep3 tonight, Laura goes off to Edin university and Jamie follows. Definetely not as funny as last week's but amusing nonetheless.
A bit of a slow starter but it's hooked me, especially after last nights episode.

Next week should be fun if the preview is anything to go by.
Urban Bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:29
Mishcoll
Forum Member

Have been quite enjoying this little series, not laugh out loud but definitely amusing.
Mishcoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:43
f_196
Forum Member

I'm quite liking this as a comedy-drama.

I knew i recognised the female lead from somwhere.

She had a bit of a "butch lesbo" thing going on (for want of a better phrase) in Eastenders but she's blossomed into a fantastically attractive woman.
f_196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 13:11
Satnavvy
Forum Member

I am not sure what is keeping me watching = the likeability factor of Jamie is so far below the waterline - what a loathsome little shit he is! And as for his mate, he is borderline special. Also some Inbetweeners inspired behaviour there too.

I do think the story is quite interesting though so I will probably stick with it, but without too much eagerness for each episode.
Satnavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 16:31
flobadob
Forum Member

Ep 2 was a bit slow, but 3 picked up the pace again.
flobadob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 22:28
DDRickyDD
Forum Member

I thought it was utter rubbish to be honest. A blatant copy of the Inbetweeners with the funny bits taken out.
DDRickyDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 23:48
RingoJ739K
Forum Member

Meh I've seen a few episodes not all but still took a peek at the show it's okay

Man everytime I see Emer Kenny I still remember her as Zsa Zsa from Eastenders and Yasmin Paige as Maria from The Sarah Jane Adventures
RingoJ739K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:02
OhWhenTheSaints
Forum Member

Meh I've seen a few episodes not all but still took a peek at the show it's okay

Man everytime I see Emer Kenny I still remember her as Zsa Zsa from Eastenders and Yasmin Paige as Maria from The Sarah Jane Adventures
I'll ALWAYS remember the other girl as Vicki Fowler in EastEnders and her disappearing accent
OhWhenTheSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 08:25
flobadob
Forum Member

The ending to ep 3 was quite unexpected and nice.
But of course we all know that he's supposed to end up with the plain eco-worrier.
Old 17-03-2012, 21:27
MrSuper
Forum Member

Anyone see Ep4? Great episode, best of the bunch so far and very funny in places! It has a great flow now i feel between all the characters esp. Laura and Jamie. Everything feels natural and the opening scene at the ante-natal had me lol'ing! Even Mike pretending to be bi to pull Emma Rigby vamping it up had me chuckling! The scene between Mike and the ned was pure class!
Old 17-03-2012, 22:44
SillyTilly
Forum Member

I'll ALWAYS remember the other girl as Vicki Fowler in EastEnders and her disappearing accent
I hadn't even recognised that it was her!
SillyTilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 23:10
SecretLifeoBees
Forum Member

I hadn't even recognised that it was her!
Nor me lol. I only recognised Maria from the Sarah Jane Adventures.... and I find her every bit as annoying in Pramface as I did in SJA.
SecretLifeoBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 07:12
Urban Bassman
Forum Member

Anyone see Ep4? Great episode, best of the bunch so far and very funny in places! It has a great flow now i feel between all the characters esp. Laura and Jamie. Everything feels natural and the opening scene at the ante-natal had me lol'ing! Even Mike pretending to be bi to pull Emma Rigby vamping it up had me chuckling! The scene between Mike and the ned was pure class!
Yep - definitely agree. Not sure how this will pan but there's definitely an affection growing between Laura and Jamie.

The A.N. scene was so funny and I don't think Jamie would have been there had he not wanted to. His concern for Laura when it looked like she would be left with her neurotic mother, and the fact he invited her to stay at his parents showed that. - And the fact Laura said yes! She's trying to fight it off (IMHO) but I bet next week (and I've not seen any previews or seen any spoilers) she defends Jamie to her mate.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:47
Urban Bassman
Forum Member

Sean Michael Verey on Twitter has confirmed A econd series has been commisioned. Start filming in August
Old 23-03-2012, 16:48
BB-mega-addict
Forum Member

The second series was commissioned last year, recommissions before the show has even aired is quite unusual. They've been very confident about the show.
BB-mega-addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 10:01
flobadob
Forum Member

My favourite character is the marriage counsellor. What a total and utter ****!
Old 29-03-2012, 21:33
elasticlove
Forum Member

I wonder what the second series will about...
elasticlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 16:04
MrSuper
Forum Member

Finally caught up with the last episode and a great end to the series. I can honestly say i don't think there was a single bad episode out of the lot. The cast is now fully realised and everyone's got fantastic chemistry. I wish there was more Dani though, very easy on the eye!

I've really, really enjoyed this series, it's just so fun, frothy and lightweight plus it makes me laugh. Be interesting to see where they go next series with this.
Old 02-04-2012, 21:47
Mrs F
Forum Member

Finally caught up with the last episode and a great end to the series. I can honestly say i don't think there was a single bad episode out of the lot. The cast is now fully realised and everyone's got fantastic chemistry. I wish there was more Dani though, very easy on the eye!

I've really, really enjoyed this series, it's just so fun, frothy and lightweight plus it makes me laugh. Be interesting to see where they go next series with this.
I agree with this. I thought it was a great series, of lovely gentle comedy. Glad it's been commissioned for a second.
Mrs F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:07
BrunoStreete
Inactive Member

Did they say the sex or name of the baby? My own baby was crying so I missed it.
BrunoStreete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 00:45
gilesb
Forum Member

Shame they didn't give away the sex of the baby
gilesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:26
BigBmad
Forum Member

I slated this on after the first show. But something kept me watching and I quite enjoyed it in the end. Glad to hear there will be a series 2
BigBmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:21
BrunoStreete
Inactive Member

Shame they didn't give away the sex of the baby
Yeah, thought that was weird. Thought i'd missed something.
BrunoStreete is offline   Reply With Quote