Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Assassin’s Creed III coming October 30

Old 15-02-2012, 17:59
jjesso123
Forum Member

Ubisoft have today announced AC3 along with a release date.

http://kotaku.com/5885377/assassins-...-on-october-30

I'm still enjoying the franchise and can't wait for this.
jjesso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-02-2012, 18:13
CJClarke
Forum Member

I'm glad that they've said it's been in development for 3 years too, while i did enjoy Revelations, it did kind of just feel like a map/mission pack that was knocked up quickly within a year.
CJClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 18:23
bigstunnerdude
Forum Member

Yeah disappointed with Revelations. I thought it was no where near as compelling story wise as ACII or Brotherhood. I struggled to get into the game as it didn't seem to really drive you on with the main story. I spent ages wandering around wondering what I was supposed to be doing.

Hopefully ACIII will see a good emersive story again and a farewell to Ezio. Shame they probably won't lose the Desmond aspect though.
bigstunnerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 18:24
hullaballoo
Forum Member

I've bought them all every year but it definitely needs a break.
hullaballoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 18:26
Ash_735
Forum Member

Hopefully ACIII will see a good emersive story again and a farewell to Ezio. Shame they probably won't lose the Desmond aspect though.
We got the farewell to Ezio, we see him Die, can't get anymore after that

As for Desmond, as much as he bores me to, he's the main focus of this series and the 2012 story arc, so with it being 2012, and him finally accepting he's an assassin both physically (Brotherhood) and mentally (Revelations), he will play a big part.
Ash_735 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 19:04
Hotbird
Forum Member

Looking forward to this one but I am starting to get quite a bit of franchise fatigue with this series so I hope this will be the last for awhile. I am hoping for a nice end to the Desmond story with this game and getting the whole 5game trilogy story concluded.

I hope the rumours about it been set in the American Revolution don't turn out to be incorrect, I like the history this game is covered in and frankly the Americans don't really have much history in the same way the previous settings have had.
Hotbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 21:29
alternate
Forum Member

It doesn't need a rest if the sequel produces a new time period and gameplay innovation, they have essentially made the same game for three years now and that is why ppl are getting bored.
alternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 21:55
Ash_735
Forum Member

It doesn't need a rest if the sequel produces a new time period and gameplay innovation, they have essentially made the same game for three years now and that is why ppl are getting bored.
The problem is listed here, not a lot of people seem to know that Montreal were last 100% involved with the series was Assassins Creed II in 2009, since then multiple other Ubisoft studios have done Brotherhood and Revelations with guidelines from Montreal.

Montreal have been at work on Assassins Creed III since then.

As for taking a break, the game's modern story revolves around the December 2012 theory, their's being that Abstergo plan to launch multiple satellites to monitor Earth and find all Artifacts, which they will then use to control people's minds. This has been mentioned and talked about since Assassin's Creed I in 2007.

Brotherhood and Revelations ARE just side games that grew to be bigger and serve a purpose. By the end of Assassin's Creed II Desmond was still a bit of an amateur, by the end of Brotherhood, Physically he accepted that he was an Assassin and could do all those things, by the end of Revelations, he was Mentally matured and accepted that it was his fate to be an Assassin and that he is ready to go forward with his role.

So Desmond alone will be very different at the start of Assassin's Creed III than he was at the end of Assassin's Creed II, not only will he be physically stronger and know the advanced moves that Ezio learnt in his older age, but also mentally he will be more at ease, he's lost someone he's loved, he's reflected on his life and his choices and come to terms with who he is.

Ezio and Altair have had their games, they've had their lives shown, from a young age to their point of Death and showed what they've learned which has been passed on to Desmond.

And that was the whole point of the Animus, it was only Abstergo who were using it to dive through History and find things and train killers, the Assassins, also using it to train killers, but to also see the mistakes made and how they were resolved and how they could learn from that.

...Sorry, went off on one there, but my point is, if you're shocked about this being announced for 2012, then you wern't really following the games anyway, and no doubt you'll also be the type of person to scream that they are milking the franchise and that you haven't finished playing the other games yet.
Old 16-02-2012, 03:19
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

Wow! how much more do they want to milk this franchise?
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 09:00
Ataraxia
Forum Member

They have all been the same. I think i will skip this one unless they somehow pull the cat out of the bag and come up with an immense game.
Ataraxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 20:34
alternate
Forum Member

Yesterdays earnings call revealed AC generates $200m a year, so expect them yearly until people stop buying them.
Old 01-03-2012, 18:24
bad-beat
Forum Member

Want This Now:

http://i44.tinypic.com/o91z6r.jpg

Just in case anybody can't tell from that photo, ACIII is set during:
Spoiler
bad-beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 18:25
Pyramidbread
Forum Member

Should be interesting, totally new setting
Pyramidbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 18:58
Ash_735
Forum Member

I'm confused like mad, the game hinted that the founding fathers and masons were controlled by the Templars, which lead to their power increase and the creation of modern day Abstergo, ...so WHY ARE WE KILLING THE BRITISH, even more, WHY IS A NATIVE AMERICA KILLING THE BRITISH?
Old 01-03-2012, 23:32
Conroy
Forum Member

I'm confused like mad, the game hinted that the founding fathers and masons were controlled by the Templars, which lead to their power increase and the creation of modern day Abstergo, ...so WHY ARE WE KILLING THE BRITISH, even more, WHY IS A NATIVE AMERICA KILLING THE BRITISH?
Because nothing is true and everything is permitted.

Probably not half as much as Nintendo milk Mario.
Conroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 23:49
Baboo Yagu
Inactive Member

So, it's set in-between 1775-1783. What are the tall buildings used for vantage points going to be, and more importantly do we get to slaughter any Frenchies, Spaniards and Dutch?
Baboo Yagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:27
earsnot
Forum Member

I can't bring myself to finish Revelations , every time i've tried to progress i just get so bored and turn it off since it seems the exact same as AC2 and ACB

Am I the only one?
earsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:55
deadpool v1
Forum Member

I can't bring myself to finish Revelations , every time i've tried to progress i just get so bored and turn it off since it seems the exact same as AC2 and ACB

Am I the only one?
I found the game boring but I think the final scenes make up for it
deadpool v1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:22
earsnot
Forum Member

I found the game boring but I think the final scenes make up for it
I'll try and finish it then
earsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 14:04
alternate
Forum Member

So, it's set in-between 1775-1783. What are the tall buildings used for vantage points going to be, and more importantly do we get to slaughter any Frenchies, Spaniards and Dutch?
There are forts but I hope they have reinvented the game mechanics to get around the lack of cities.

As to NA killing red coats. They likely took inspiration less from history and more from hollywood crap like The Patriot.
Old 02-03-2012, 16:46
General Zod
Forum Member

Hmmm... Cue stereotyped evil British soldiers with ridiculous upper class accents.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 17:02
deadpool v1
Forum Member

Hmmm... Cue stereotyped evil British soldiers with ridiculous upper class accents.
Don't forget the twirly moustaches
deadpool v1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 18:33
bad-beat
Forum Member

So we've had a massive info dump for ACIII today, including screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/zfRML.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XswPc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Wwfnk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/01J2Q.jpg

Some key game info in the spoiler:
Spoiler

More can be read here:
LINK

EXCITED!!!!
bad-beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 19:45
Gormond
Forum Member

Hmm I don't like the sound of it personally.
Gormond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 20:00
Ash_735
Forum Member

"The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee."

That's right folks, a Half-British, Half-Native American will be on Team America!