Options

SOAPS SURVEY: Rate Monday's Soaps (March 5th)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
Forum Member
✭✭

Hello again! :)

This is the thread to get frothed, lathered and soaked about all goings on in soapland (end of soapy metaphors). Included are the main soaps septet: Corrie, Doctors, EastEnders, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks, Home & Away and Neighbours.

Votes are always welcome, and reviews equally so! The thread is here every weekday. All views and comments about the thread are welcome, however I personally do not reply to 'trolls' or people who use aggressive or unpleasant tone or language. :)

Poll Results: Friday
60 soapies voted for Friday - :eek: - thank you all. :) The results (now in ascending order) are as follows:
  • Emmerdale and Neighbours share 3rd place with a decent 10 votes apiece
  • EastEnders is 2nd with a strong 21 votes - it's best performance since Pat's funeral
  • Corrie still tops the pops though, scoring DOUBLE the votes EE managed with a whopping 42 votes! :eek:
  • No votes for the NONE option - happy days! :D

Daily Diary
  • Corrie
7.30pm: Michelle tries to stop Carla signing over the factory to Frank after a bitter Sally reveals that Jenny is in fact his lover. The old regulars in the pub are disgruntled when Karl installs a huge flat-screen TV to transmit football matches, and Dennis tells Rita it is time he moved on. Peter turns up drunk on the Barlows' doorstep, asking to take Simon back home (Father Of The Year Klaxon!), and Lesley causes problems for Sean and Marcus on their return from holiday

8:30pm: Carla is terrified when she meets Frank alone and he threatens to rape her again. Peter heads out on a drunken rampage as news of the scam is revealed, and the factory workers are stunned to hear they no longer have jobs. Spotting the lights on in Underworld, Sean and Julie decide to confront the new owner, but are horrified to find Sally kneeling over Frank's body with blood on her hands...
  • Doctors
The Hills: Heston tries to save his reputation as a doctor by revealing Marina and Kevin's secret, prompting Julia and Daniel to argue over the best way to handle the situation. Meanwhile, Karen organises a blood donation drive at the campus.
  • EastEnders
An increasingly bitter and resentful Lauren drinks herself into a stupor on a night out, and ends the evening lying in a gutter. Her friends retrieve her and take her to safety - but the incident brings back horrifying memories for Whitney. Max and Tanya try to rekindle their relationship by having a meal together at the Argee Bhajee, while Michael contemplates his future with Janine. Tamwar angrily refuses to take Yusef's money, and Mandy becomes more unsettled by Lorraine's presence in the Square.
  • Emmerdale
Ed arrives at Butler's Farm to help fix the broken barn roof and after Aaron discovers he is gay, the pair share a kiss. Eric is stunned when he realises Val has emptied their joint bank account, Rachel and Sam persuade Declan to give Zak a job at Home Farm, and a furious Debbie hears Cameron is staying with Chas. Can the poor man do nothing right, you selfish bitch! :mad: Get in there, Chas! :D
  • Hollyoaks
Darren privately worries about the pub's future, but is given more pressing matters to consider when Nancy makes an unexpected announcement. Meanwhile, Mercedes puts her feminine charms to use trying to convince Riley to give her a second chance, and Ruby's day goes from bad to worse when Jono refuses to apologise.
  • Home & Away
Liam loses his temper with a paparazzo who appears on the eve of his wedding to Bianca, and is arrested for property damage. Romeo wonders whether to report Dennis's suspicious activities to the authorities when Alf discovers a body in the caravan park, and Xavier is confused about his relationship with Sasha.
  • Neighbours
Kate realises she has lost her phone, but discovers a stranger named Dominic has picked it up. He arranges to give it back to her - but as they spend more time together, she becomes intrigued by his roguish personality. :rolleyes: Emilia challenges Michael to admit he has feelings for her, and Kyle tries to prove he can stand up to Jade.

MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL: Which of Monday's soaps did you enjoy, if any? 123 votes

Corrie
44%
[Deleted User]DeschanelgoldenfingerJustMomRuthStartawny[Deleted User]2shy2007CuBz90yourfabulous[Deleted User]Fudd[Deleted User][Deleted User]rayofsunshinegboy[Deleted User]andym08home[Deleted User]Face Of Jack 55 votes
Doctors
7%
moogesterJustMomvalddan2008ReoFace Of JackMela80hetty100GibbyBlogger 9 votes
EastEnders
13%
DUNDEEBOYvaldsajanCuBz90[Deleted User]xTonixdan2008SandsssemmageeringTass BSoniccream[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]paton1983GibbyBlogger 16 votes
Emmerdale
16%
Anti Static[Deleted User]DeschanelgoldenfingerJustMomCuBz90[Deleted User]cazza7[Deleted User]Raven123[Deleted User]hetty100M. Gambittagatha_crispiesRob1985pixiegirl123[Deleted User][Deleted User]OldnjadedThinkofaname 20 votes
Hollyoaks
4%
avon942Reoandym08homehetty100pixiegirl123 5 votes
Home & Away
4%
RuthStar[Deleted User]dan2008andym08homehetty100UpInMyFace 6 votes
Neighbours
8%
Deschanelmiles19740take no rubbishThe authorityads84[Deleted User]hetty100Rob1985[Deleted User][Deleted User]GibbyBlogger 11 votes
NONE
0%
Soap?! Pah, give me shower gel any day
0%
agatha_crispies 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours
    Evening, dears! :D
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,341
    Forum Member
    EastEnders
    EastEnders :D
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours
    Neighbours without a shadow...best soap on the box!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours
    miles19740 wrote: »
    Neighbours without a shadow...best soap on the box!

It is fantastic lately, loved that Emilia/Michael scene today!
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours
    Citadel wrote: »
    It is fantastic lately, loved that Emilia/Michael scene today!

I totally agree. All killer, no filler re: Neighbours! Love it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Neighbours
    Corrie :)
  • Options
    Tass BTass B Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EastEnders
    Corrie was amazing! The acting from Alison King, Chris Gascoyne, Sally Dynevor and Andrew Lancel was superb!
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie
    Neighbours has been performing really well lately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours
    Tass B wrote: »
    Corrie was amazing! The acting from Alison King, Chris Gascoyne, Sally Dynevor and Andrew Lancel was superb!

Hmm... sorry to be a downer but at times I thought Carla - especially when arguing with Peter - was a bit panto and awkward with her acting. :o

I do feel they've rushed it all a little bit to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours
    Kudos to Aggie for being the first person to vote for the shower gel comedy option! :D:D:D
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,289
    Forum Member
    Corrie
    Eastenders was quite funny tonight, but it's Corrie hands down for me. Great eppys.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,290
    Forum Member
    Home & Away
    Think Home & Away was the best soap today out of the one's i have watched (Neigbours,Corrie(Both eps),EastEnders) i just have Doctors to catch up with later

Home and away just seems to be getting better and better
    there just seems tobe 3 or 4 big storylines running at once with others starting to build too.

Stu has been killed but by who?
    Im looking forward to the aftermath tomorrow and of course Bianca & Liams wedding but going by the preview
    she goes off with the very sexy Heath:eek:
    Tomorrows episode looks like H&A at it's best.

Back to tonights episode though and i enjoyed pretty much every scenes. Romeo did the right thing in telling the cops all about what he saw and i have the feeling Sasha was the killer

8/10 very strong episode from the bay:)
  • Options
    cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First Corrie was fantastic I thought but the 2nd was poor and seemed very rushed and had some poor acting in it......tho I will say Peter in Norris private b'day group was fantastic to watch..and the tv in the pub stuff is yet more uncalled for nonsense...so first episode 8/10 second 4/10 so overall 6.5/10 (btw it was the Mother in my opinion) also did anyone else notice Sean's tan disappear between episodes?

Emmerdale only good bit was the kiss :o 2/10

haven't seen EE yet will do later then Ill vote
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EastEnders
    Corrie was decent although I'd have liked to have seen the actual murder, even if only from side-shots. It felt like Frank had gone prematurely, almost.

EE I mainly voted up just for Jean.
  • Options
    yourfabulousyourfabulous Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie
    Corrie brilliance tonight! :)
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Corrie
    Classic Corrie
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,030
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale
    Corrie ,Eastenders and then Emmerdale:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours
    cliffy91 wrote: »
    Emmerdale only good bit was the kiss :o 2/10

How does Aaron do it! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Costa overCosta over Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Corrie
    Coronation Street was amazing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    Home & Away
    CORRIE:

Incredible. It felt like 'tram week' all over again. The pacing was great and I loved how it focused on the main five suspects stories one by one and how they were all affected by Frank. The scenes in between worked very well too: the oldies mixing in with Peter and reminising about Annie Walker which was great. Loved the small scene with Dennis & Lewis aswell.

Everyone involved put in a great performance. So many good scenes I wouldn't know where to start! Right up until that very last scene it had me hooked as I suspected it would. I didn't want it to end! Fantastic.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Doctors
    Corrie without a doubt. 10/10
    I also voted for Doctors - wonderful episode starting the 'reveal' of Hestons beating by the Missus!!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Home & Away
    Corrie without a doubt. 10/10
    I also voted for Doctors - wonderful episode starting the 'reveal' of Hestons beating by the Missus!!:eek:
    This is what i like about Doctors
    they never shy away from anything and at times it much more :eek: than the other soaps.I have heard good things about todays episode so i really hope i enjoy it when i watch it later on :)
  • Options
    agatha_crispiesagatha_crispies Posts: 31,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soap?! Pah, give me shower gel any day
    Emmerdale was really good tonight :eek: what's going on? Plenty of varied scenes and dialogue, lots of outdoor stuff - and at last Adam is fixing that bloody barn roof :mad: that was the sort of job John never got round to because he was drinking tea and watching Moira drop another lasagna on the floor ;) nice to see him organising a big crowd to help him, and Ed bringing a straight friend was a good thought. Why can't they be this creative in episodes more often? We had a quick sighting of Dobbeh, she was as selfish and caustic as usual, but it didn't interfere with the general good mood. I'm not really buying Eric's reaction to Val's preposterous desertion (surely the most badly handled temporary exit since the days of Crossroads) but it is at least amusing, and Amy benefits from being with him, she's been extremely watchable since giving birth. And of course finally, Aaron & Ed had a snog! Lovely shot, very soft and lingering and slow, passion held in check - I was very impressed, no cutting away, no soft focus, it was admirably done. I am very pleased that Emmerdale haven't shied away from showing this in full, it was excellent. It is a shame this wasn't how Aaron and The Faun were shown in their silly relationship, they were more like two lads sharing a flat than romantically involved. Anyway, never mind all that, a great episode. 7 and a half out of 10.

Coronation Street packed rather a lot (perhaps too much) into its two episodes - most of what I wanted to say has already been said better elsewhere - but on the whole it was difficult to resist the allure of an episode where a villified character is murdered. There were some great classic kitchen-sink grot scenes of Carla & Peter struggling with, well, Peter I suppose, of the two of them it's clear that he has the biggest problem with alcohol. As for the murder, I was surprised to see as much blood as there was, too! it's a shame we didn't see the act itself, but there are admittedly only a few ways of showing this and they've been done a million times before. Ken & Deirdre's scene with their television was brilliant too, one of those "less is more" scenes that no other soap can do as well as Corrie. I enjoyed it, but felt it lacked focus occasionally with so much going on. 7 out of 10.
  • Options
    DaZ_yUv_XDaZ_yUv_X Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie
    loved corrie! not just for the great main storyline, but for an ANNIE WALKER mention!!! :D and lesley telling sean to 'get out!' and ken and deirdre with their tv :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Home & Away
    EastEnders

Not a bad episode i supose. I quite enjoyed the scene with Jean telling Michael that he's more afraid than she is but deep down he really doesn't love Janine
    Laurens Alcoholic storyline is warming up nicely but again tonight there was too much Humour and not enough drama

7/10

Doctors

Plenty of Humour and Drama all around in Letherbridge today...:D

Karen makes me laugh:D every scene with her is comic and i really hope she's up for a BSA award

Julia is getting a little strict all of a sudden but she's never seemed to warm to Kevin at all.
    Loved the reveal of Hestons story but naturally the people at the Mill think he's lying to save his own back but little do they know he's spot on.

The Kitchen scene was so intense and Doctors at it's very,very,very best. The great thing about Doctors is it doesn't care what it shows and in such an early slot too.
    It's blowing the other soaps away right now.

looking forward to the aftermath tomorrow 9/10 for me and the soap of the day :)