BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lovely pics Gemo, as always. :D

Afternoon acker :D

Its the thought that counts.
    I am very very sorry you were upset about my observations about "round the table " memes. As i stated at the time, it was not directed at you.
    However, now i feel goaded into pointing out that an awful lot of pseudo- intellectuals boast about watching University challenge, Mastermind, and everything with David Wotsit in it. Indeed, they hardly have the television on at all.:p

Hi Acker. The photos are lovely aren't they? The close up of the pink rose reminds me of a picture for sale in a cafe i sometimes go to for lemon cake that i would like. I either don't have the money or else i'm going on somewhere and cant be carting a big print around.
    It's probably gone now.:(

Thank you, Flora and honey. :)

This is one of my favourite rose pictures.

It was taken in the garden summer 2009.
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    thanks halla :o...saw these forever ago, that long ago that Dexys Midnight Runners were supporting them and no one had heard of Dexys ( the band ) they were on for like quarter of an hour like a breathless whirlwind and then they were gone ...astonishing totally blew us away ....next thing they were in the charts and they were crap :( ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8SIUtUAtrw&feature=related

eta that was Dexys on for quarter of an hour not the Specials
    Oh, god, i'm old:(

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's me Zukatatekushiari :D

where's your sidekick Lutadolulukushuari:eek::D:D
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    The flowers are lovely Gemo, you place must look like a Florists.

You Ninja name is: kamimekushi

hiya Hicky :) ...thats amazing, thats where I go for my holidays :D
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,639
    Forum Member
    Littsis wrote: »
    I expect that was Balders you were thinking of.:cry:

I have had a massive clear out of glasses. As a result, children who visit are given their drinks in cut glass ware. But I have had to keep boxes of wine glasses in store to cater for OH's private views.

And me too. For # 70 a night I can put up with people for a short while, possibly.

If I had property which was situated in a suitable place to rent for a short time, I'd definitely do it. Some of my daughter's London friends are decamping for the duration, in order to let their flats/studios/houses/hovels and good luck to them.

I love the children with their cut glass Ribena:cool: Do children even drink Ribena any more, vile stuff. My grandaughters drink water seemingly from choice, but they also do watered down fresh juice:rolleyes:

It was Balders - how could I have forgotten you Balders, I'm distracted this morning is all I can offer:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »

Gemo, that is exquisite:)
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

It is lovely.:) I swear i can smell it.
    Forum Member

Beautiful flowers and exquisite photographs. I wish I'd taken photos of my flowers, there were tulips which have now fallen sideways - although the arrangement still looks lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twas me :)
    I expect that was Balders you were thinking of.:cry:

I have had a massive clear out of glasses. As a result, children who visit are given their drinks in cut glass ware. But I have had to keep boxes of wine glasses in store to cater for OH's private views.

And me too. For # 70 a night I can put up with people for a short while, possibly.
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    If I had property which was situated in a suitable place to rent for a short time, I'd definitely do it. Some of my daughter's London friends are decamping for the duration, in order to let their flats/studios/houses/hovels and good luck to them.

I love the children with their cut glass Ribena:cool: Do children even drink Ribena any more, vile stuff. My grandaughters drink water seemingly from choice, but they also do watered down fresh juice:rolleyes:

It was Balders - how could I have forgotten you Balders, I'm distracted this morning is all I can offer:o

Twas me :)
    Forum Member
    I am very very sorry you were upset about my observations about "round the table " memes. As i stated at the time, it was not directed at you.
    However, now i feel goaded into pointing out that an awful lot of pseudo- intellectuals boast about watching University challenge, Mastermind, and everything with David Wotsit in it. Indeed, they hardly have the television on at all.:p

Hi Acker. The photos are lovely aren't they? The close up of the pink rose reminds me of a picture for sale in a cafe i sometimes go to for lemon cake that i would like. I either don't have the money or else i'm going on somewhere and cant be carting a big print around.
    You remind me of me a little bit honey :D
    At Erics? :)

Manchester Russell Club (spelling ?) :)...never went to Erics :(...saw loads of great bands there and at Rafters Siouxsie , The Only Ones , X Ray Spex . Magazine , XTC ..if I listed em all id look like an eighties copy of NME :o ((((honey))) :)
    Forum Member

I do know what you mean Honey about UC and similar, but I can't imagine there are any pseudo anythings in this thread!! I've been very honest about the number of questions I can (or aminly can't) answer. A former boss of mine was as you describe above, he swore he only had a TV for documentaries and the news. At one of the Christmas dos his wife managed to let slip that he was a huge fan of Coronation Street and had her arrange dinner around his viewing:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The flowers are lovely Gemo, your place must look like a Florists.

You Ninja name is: kamimekushi

Thank you Hicky. It does look rather nice.

The last time I had a bouquet was when we got the car before our present one and the flowers were not as nice as these ones.
    Forum Member
    I do know what you mean Honey about UC and similar, but I can't imagine there are any pseudo anythings in this thread!! I've been very honest about the number of questions I can (or aminly can't) answer. A former boss of mine was as you describe above, he swore he only had a TV for documentaries and the news. At one of the Christmas dos his wife managed to let slip that he was a huge fan of Coronation Street and had her arrange dinner around his viewing:cool:
    I have a relative who claims to only watch Attenborough yet is very familiar with the eastenders cast. :D perhaps he was in it. David Essex was.
    I hate quizzes because i feel compelled to shout out the answers. I must have been hell in the classroom. :o
    If by a fluke i get more than three or four on UC i am galloping around the room shouting "hail the conquering hero" :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful flowers and exquisite photographs. I wish I'd taken photos of my flowers, there were tulips which have now fallen sideways - although the arrangement still looks lovely.

Thank you, JoJo.

After this bouquet I may relax my “no flowers” rule. I’d had years of my mum sending me carnations from one company and the flowers were invariably beaten up and the cats wold go mad for them and knock the vases over and on other occasions I had bouquets with lilies and it took me a couple of years to associate Elmo’s mystery illness in July with my birthday bouquet in June.
    Forum Member

I have a weird relationship with all that . I only watch sports for the main part and theres usually Premier League footy on when University Challenge is on so its no contest . But I answered goodness knows how many when I ( half ) watched it last night . On some levels im more Camus than Kamara :o...I dont know one character or plot line off ANY soap .:)
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't need to mention the normal BB, they only mention what they want to change which is an additional CBB, can't see what the problem is.

They will be having the normal BB with 2 CBB's to better utilise the expense of hiring the studio and all that goes with it, it's logical to me, to think they may drop BB isn't even logical as the they wouldn't be able to hire the studio unless they used it.
    It's not rocket science.

Morning Littsis.

What on earth is that about?

To be honest i can't even see the point in the torch, just get an LED one and save fuel.
    It's a given you would be unable to see the problem.

You have no more idea than anyone else what they're planning on doing. :rolleyes:
    I came on here to say hello and catch up with news. You know it;s all dreadfully confusing for the occasional reader and trying to krul is worthy of a PhD.

Has anyone else been gripped by University Challenge? I normally watch it a bit but this year it was the most fascinating thing on television. Happily the team I liked best won (Manchester) although the final was the worst round until they all trooped to Clarence House to get the prize from Camilla who had dressed for the Antarctic even though it was indoors but had forgotten to wear a bra. Fortunately she had managed to shake off that thin girl with the cheap looking frox who has taken to following her around.

The big brother house is not used for anything other than CBB and BB. Staff are engaged on a temp basis for the run of the show....Hicky seems to think it is held in a studio that is kept running all year and full time staff are employed.

I have been enraged by the conservative government and particularly its view that people should be paid less up north. I am advised by Those Who Know Better that it is a good idea (they live safely in the south and consider Hampstead to be up north) but cannot follow their arguments. :mad:
    Yuck!

Everyone else is wrong apart from Hicky who must have a personal hotline to Dirty Des. :rolleyes:
    Mr B is furious about.....

The Queen and all that

The Olympics (he has a special hatred of Seb Coe)

The old lady carrying the (pretend) torch

Royalty, sport and the elderly combine most of his prime hates so he should be in for a good year.
    I can tick all of the same boxes. :D
    ....plus Mr B has just heard that he is to get a letter from the Chancellor tomorrow. He believes he is the only person who will receive one and is preparing his reply now. He, Mr B not Osborne, has taken to writing letters to newspapers...most I can intercept but some slip through and get published.
    Awwww don't spoil his fun. :D
    Morning Bella.

That's my point, they don't want the BB house doing nothing, they want to utilise it better, thats why they want 2 CBB's and a BB, that will make more use of it than at present.

It is all held in a studio, the house is there all year, it need maintenance, it all has to be protected, it's an expensive hobby, so they want to make it worth while.
    No that wasn't your point actually. :rolleyes:
    How the hell do you know what they want or don't want?
    hello
    *hugs* :D
    Hiya gemo , they put what I gave my mum to shame ...can you not do " scratch n sniff " ? ( sorry ..just let me blther ..ive come for banter cos its better than tears )
    It's the thought behind it which counts. :)
    What the hell is wrong with these people?
    There is a graphic picture of oral sex on this thread Post twenty. don't click. ...http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1642367

Last night i alerted it to have the pic removed, and nothing happened. Alerted again, pointing out that the forum is open to children. Nothing happened. Sent a pm to Tom Miller explaining situation. NOTHING HAPPENED.

I am disgusted. Yet people are banned for calling prostitutes prostitutes.
    You know when people tell you not to click on something..........

Yes it seems a tad bizarre.
    I have a relative who claims to only watch Attenborough yet is very familiar with the eastenders cast. perhaps he was in it. David Essex was.
    I hate quizzes because i feel compelled to shout out the answers. I must have been hell in the classroom.
    If by a fluke i get more than three or four on UC i am galloping around the room shouting "hail the conquering hero"

My point was not her performance or to complain about the tape existing but to point out the either incompetent or wilfully corruptive moderation system and its unsuitability for a forum that minors can join.
    There are times when some decisions are somewhat arbitrary. :confused:
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    It's a given you would be unable to see the problem.

You have no more idea than anyone else what they're planning on doing.
    :rolleyes:

Yuck!

Everyone else is wrong apart from Hicky who must have a personal hotline to Dirty Des. :rolleyes:

I can tick all of the same boxes. :D

Awwww don't spoil his fun. :D

No that wasn't your point actually. :rolleyes:
    How the hell do you know what they want or don't want?

*hugs* :D

It's the thought behind it which counts. :)

You know when people tell you not to click on something..........

Yes it seems a tad bizarre.

There are times when some decisions are somewhat arbitrary. :confused:
    Well lets look at it logically which it seems no-one can but me.

C5 etc are delighted with the viewing figures and therefore want to extend the contract and also add an extra CBB each year.
    They have asked for the site and equipment.

I can't see where the confusion is?
    Forum Member
    BB10 HM Rodrigo to undertake sex change.

Read here.
    http://totalbigbrother.com/news/ex-housemate-rodrigo-starts-life-as-woman.tbb
    Forum Member
    The Big Brother Web site has launched again ahead of this summers show.

I think it will start earlier, say May, yippee

http://bigbrother.com/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr B is furious about.....

The Queen and all that

The Olympics (he has a special hatred of Seb Coe)

The old lady carrying the (pretend) torch

Royalty, sport and the elderly combine most of his prime hates so he should be in for a good year.

Wasn’t so bad when it was royalty instead of being a bloomin’ air hostesses daughter who can’t string five sentences together without having to refer to her bit of paper.

Maybe nonegenarian carrying the torch can trip and do damage with her pretend torch.

I’m waiting for the French air traffic controllers and the Spanish baggage handlers to go on strike in August. :D
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ribena is now sold in cartons, it is so popular. But drinking tap water is also regarded as cool by children.
    Don't you press the Alt with the dollar($) key to get a £ sign, just a thought, or maybe with another of the top keys.
    I would think it was there somewhere.

Er how do I press alt with the dollar sign. dollar sign is above the 4, the pound sign is above the 3. So I would have to press shift, dollar sign and alt all in one go. Needless to say it doesn't work.

The top row gives the following options:
    ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ +
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
    So to get quotes you have to press the @ key at the right hand end of the third row. To get@ you have to press the " button on the number 2.
    As you will see from the above, the pound key with the number three comes up as a #. If you press the# key , it comes up with a slash \
    Apart from the ones mentioned and the top row, all the other signs keys are normal.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

C5 etc are delighted with the viewing figures and therefore want to extend the contract and also add an extra CBB each year.

:rolleyes: Nothing like blowing your own trumpet eh?

Have CH5 ever said they will continue with the regular BB.....No they haven't, they have however said, they will be increasing the CBB's.
    If CH5 were as smart as you appear to think they are, they would have provided a full LF.........they chose not to do that, thereby decreasing the amount of viewers they could have had.

Yes they plan on having MORE CBB's.

Errrrr, they don't own the site.........they have extended the RENTAL of it for a further 3 years.

I can't see where the confusion is.
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a weird relationship with all that . I only watch sports for the main part and theres usually Premier League footy on when University Challenge is on so its no contest . But I answered goodness knows how many when I ( half ) watched it last night . On some levels im more Camus than Kamara :o...I dont know one character or plot line off ANY soap .:)

It has come back to me in the past week that an old fool I sat opposite at work in 1971 used to spout some rubbish about .....vim and viguar (vigour) with such a lovely figuar (figure), and standing in front of some fruit yesterday afternoon I said outloud "o what a lovely figuar" So I was in with the answer "vim" last night before Jezza had even finished asking the question and without needing to work out the roman numerals. It is the little things in life that keep us going.
    I have just discovered while giving you a rest from me that I have won an Edwardian occasional table on Ebay for $2.74p. LOL Poor bloke selling it. I shall give him more.
    Forum Member

The only "confused" one is you. In fact, forget euphemisms, you appear to have become stark raving bonkers!:eek:
    Forum Member
    Ribena is now sold in cartons, it is so popular. But drinking tap water is also regarded as cool by children.

Er how do I press alt with the dollar sign. dollar sign is above the 4, the pound sign is above the 3. So I would have to press shift, dollar sign and alt all in one go. Needless to say it doesn't work.

The top row gives the following options:
    ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ +
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
    So to get quotes you have to press the @ key at the right hand end of the third row. To get@ you have to press the " button on the number 2.
    As you will see from the above, the pound key with the number three comes up as a #. If you press the# key , it comes up with a slash \
    Apart from the ones mentioned and the top row, all the other signs keys are normal.
    This will sort you out.
    I will post the Laptop keyboard link showing you the keypad to use the alt codes.

Then i'll post the Alt codes to give you the £ sign, no problem.

Keyboard.
    http://alt-codes.org/laptop/.

Alt Codes for Currency signs.
    http://usefulshortcuts.com/alt-codes/currency-symbol-alt-codes.php

You can download a list of all alt codes if you want.

Have Fun.:D
This discussion has been closed.