Options

The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 47)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,909
Administrator
Yep so have I! Only last week my iPhone turned stunning into stinking :eek:. 2 opposites I think!! Also I text someone the
word 'stage' and it came out 'rib roast'. Bizarre :D

Eeeeeek I can't wait for Glasgow!!! He's getting more and more confident so expecting amazing things. Such a gorgeous venue as well the 02
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1634150

Comments

• Options
      ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
      Forum Member
      47!! Wow :d
    • Options
      tillysteeth1tillysteeth1 Posts: 5,771
      Forum Member
      :p
      Shoed wrote: »
      47!! Wow :d

We talk a lot!!

Yay for number 47!! Just in time for Liverpool tomorrow :D
    • Options
      LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
      Forum Member
      Tour Tavern Two! We made too much of a mess of the other one, even the cleaners can't sort it out so we need a new one :D

In response to the last thread, lol at those typos Tilly, I remember the stinking/stunning one, completely changes the meaning of what you were going to say! :p
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,431
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      superseasquirt
      OMG It was fantastic, amazing, superb,brilliant. Can't do a long post but a few quick thoughts. I had high expectations and knew he would be stunning but his vocals surpassed my wildest dreams. I have no musical knowledge so can't say anything technical about the band but they were without a doubt bloody amazing. Lorenzo was rocking it out with Matt and they were obviously having a great time on stage.
      Two drunk women directly behind me were a pain during Roxanne's gig so after a while I turned round and politely told them to be quiet. (my exact words) Then I felt something touch my hair but thought no more of it. At the interval they went out again (to the bar I presume) and the two women next to us complained to the security staff. A burly man came over then everyone around us complained to him about these women. Apparently they were making rude gestures behind my back and did something to my hair- I don't know what. He then called an equally burly woman bouncer over and waited for them to reappear. To cut a long story short they were late coming back so they intecepted them outside the main hall and ejected them He said they weren't happy! it made for a peaceful second half and we could all sit back and enjoy Matt.

Hi superseasquirt, where were you sitting?
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,262
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      No 47 at last!! :D:D I think this Tour Tavern will be chugging along fairly rapidly too.

This summer's drought won't be so bad as last summer. Highbarn, Festivals, D12 on the Eye all to look forward to :D:D And hopefully the PTB have listened to the fan requests for live CD/DVD from the tour as well.
    • Options
      chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
      Forum Member
      Linseyap wrote: »
      Tour Tavern Two! We made too much of a mess of the other one, even the cleaners can't sort it out so we need a new one :D

a new fleet of Winnies, too! :)

tour reports have been saved, though! http://bit.ly/xUmSzf
    • Options
      mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      lulu85 wrote: »
      Hi everyone - have only been able to lurk recently due to work stuff and my OH (still going strong!) who is lovely but does not get this at all...so have had to seriously ration my lurking to odd hours! Probably no bad thing as it takes over my life. But I do so love all your news.

Great to read all the reviews - I'm going to the Phil on Weds night and can't wait. The acoustics will be incredible - if Matt can sound that good in a sports hall then Liverpool should be amazing. (Rebecca sold out 2 nights there last week and is doing another at the Echo arena! I'm glad Matt's sticking to smaller places. much more suited to his style. Mind you, I wish people would stop comparing the finalists as if they are all the same act and want the same things. Someone at work said how 1D are selling out stadiums. I said they would because the fans are all under age and have to bring an adult with them.....

Matt is sounding just fantastic. I always worry about his voice lasting ever since that comment (was it from the Highbarn people?) that the way he sings puts a strain on him? But he seems to be coping brilliantly. Must be doing all the proper warming up stuff. no wonder he gets there early!

I won't be able to hang round outside before as, bloomin typically I have a packed afternoon and will be racing back to Liverpool but I should make it ok cos Roxanne is on for a bit longer than i thought by the sound of your comments.

Only 2 more sleeps!!!!

Hi lulu great to see your post and two more sleeps woo hoo. Oh and Matt is fantastic there is not doubt of that.;)
      JaMaK wrote: »
      Expletive??????????? YOU Mita???????? NEVER :p

This is just my net persona therefore I would never dream of sullying others ears with .................. mind you if there is no one who can understand Arabic on here I might utilise some of their more choice expletives instead. ;)
      Hi everyone

Just wanted to say a huge thankyou for everyone taking the time to read the York Matt Cardle review on Backstage Pass a couple of weeks ago ( http://www.backstagepass.biz/2012/03/review-matt-cardle-york-barbican.html )

It's had over 2400 hits, and I will hopefully be at HMV Hammersmith Apollo to see the show at the end of the month - just sorting out my press tickets - so if anyone is going to be there then do say hello.

Cheers

Steve

Steve Stubbs
      Managing Director
      Backstage Pass
      http://www.backstagepass.biz

Coming from me you are welcome;)
      calling all those going to Manchester
      are any of you staying overnight? Anywhere cheapish? I was always planning on driving home after the gig but I'm now worrying that if I don't sleep properly the night before I'll be dangerously tired for a 3 hour drive afterwards; hardly slept last night and I'm fit for nawt today :mad: need a backup plan.
      The removal van's a bit late isn't it?

I am going to the Manchester gig JM and I too was going to drive home however like yourself not too sure about going home that night I might stay over. ;)

The removal van will be here soon .;)

Must have a puncture! HhHurry up we are bursting at the seams!

I hate non tour days :(. Of course the boy needs a break and it's great that he's got that to recharge the batteries but there is nothing to squeaa about! Dreading the end of March and the dreaded drought :eek:

I was thinking about the days after March the other day. However he has quite a few gigs after March and he will be writing his next album too. I know news will be thin on the ground knowing us we will find some information I am sure.;)
    • Options
      JaMaKJaMaK Posts: 2,723
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      #47 Tour Tavern yay!

just copying this over from #46 TT before I go off for a snooze -

are any of you staying overnight? Anywhere cheapish? I was always planning on driving home after the gig but I'm now worrying that if I don't sleep properly the night before I'll be dangerously tired for a 3 hour drive afterwards; hardly slept last night and I'm fit for nawt today need a backup plan.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yeah Tour Tavern thread 47 brilliant. Have to get some of those walls covered with special pictires. ;):)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Nobody answered my question in my review - does Matt usually go off stage after the first 2 (or 3) songs? I'm just curious as he did at Portsmouth.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      #47 Tour Tavern yay!

just copying this over from #46 TT before I go off for a snooze -

are any of you staying overnight? Anywhere cheapish? I was always planning on driving home after the gig but I'm now worrying that if I don't sleep properly the night before I'll be dangerously tired for a 3 hour drive afterwards; hardly slept last night and I'm fit for nawt today need a backup plan.

Hi JM I copied my last post over here too which includes and answer to your post above. I am going to take a peek now at hotels and whatever in Manchester now. Sitting down for a while as I have been taking care of my 2 year old Great Granddaughter bless her and its taken it out of me. ;):D
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I have some videos to upload from Sunday night but they were taking ages last night and my computer kept freezing so will have to do them another time. I will post them on here when done.

I have put one of my photos on my Twitter background (I hope you can see it?). Matt's looking right at me ;):D

My other photos are on Facebook but I might post some on Twitter and on here if I get the chance.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      humbug83 wrote: »
      Nobody answered my question in my review - does Matt usually go off stage after the first 2 (or 3) songs? I'm just curious as he did at Portsmouth.

Hi humbug I don't remember him doing that at Cambridge.;):D
    • Options
      tillysteeth1tillysteeth1 Posts: 5,771
      Forum Member
      I have some videos to upload from Sunday night but they were taking ages last night and my computer kept freezing so will have to do them another time. I will post them on here when done.

I have put one of my photos on my Twitter background (I hope you can see it?). Matt's looking right at me ;):D

My other photos are on Facebook but I might post some on Twitter and on here if I get the chance.

Brilliant Humbug. look forward to it. I dont think he went off as soon as that. maybe after 5 or 6 but I can't remember now :confused:. I will pay attention on Thursday night.

How you feeling now? I had a right downer after York
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Brilliant Humbug. look forward to it. I dont think he went off as soon as that. maybe after 5 or 6 but I can't remember now :confused:. I will pay attention on Thursday night.

How you feeling now? I had a right downer after York

Oh, I can't remember after how many songs it was. It might have been more than 2 or 3. I just wondered. I was worried he was ill or something.

It was the best Sunday night out ever. Am back at work today so am on a downer now :(
    • Options
      LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
      Forum Member
      Just bringing this over, I think this is the latest? Maybe foxy can correct it if not.

Tuesday 28th Rhyl Pavilion Cardoodle, Linseyap, G4areGreat
      Wednesday 29th Rhyl Pavilion
      Thursday 1st York Barbican Pedsky, wkdstepmother, SAMofBEV, Linseyap, tillysteeth, GingerHeart, Whatsoever, theMCDL, wildhoney
      Saturday 3rd Cambridge, Corn Exchange chosenturbo, Moomin123, Cat24, Cardie, mitacond
      Sunday 4th Oxford, Apollo New Theatre G4areGreat
      Monday 5th Birmingham, Symphony Hall piebaldlady, GingerHeart, spiralthreads, Vix1, gold shapes, Sleepyhead123
      Wednesday 7th Nottingham, Royal Concert Hall GingerHeart, Sleepyhead123, Shoed
      Thursday 8th Bournemouth, Academy amberbabe
      Saturday 10th Swindon, Oasis GingerHeart, 1lennonlove, moomin123, Cat24, chosenturbo
      Sunday 11th Portsmouth, Guildhall MinkyBea, superseasquirt, Humbug83, alicetink
      Monday 12th Southend, Cliffs Pavilion DenJ, fan2000
      Wednesday 14th Liverpool, Philharmonic GingerHeart, Ella07, Cardoodle, lulu85
      Thursday 15th Glasgow, Academy Linseyap, suzhepp71, tillysteeth, Linda Shaw, Kazbo, Ella07, Pedsky, MattCardle<3
      Friday 16th Newcastle, City Hall Linseyap, chosenturbo, Moomin123, Cat24, Cardie, GingerHeart, SAMofBEV, wkdstepmother, Ella07, Pedsky, eldracttam, wildhoney
      Sunday 18th Belfast, Waterfront Linseyap, JupiterCrash, Ella, Ilovematt, TutorGirl89
      Monday 19th Dublin, Olympia foxylox, Linseyap, Ella, Queen Maeve, ilovematt
      Tuesday 20th Dublin, Olympia Ella, ilovematt, Linseyap
      Thursday 22nd Manchester, Apollo piebaldlady, GingerHeart, SAMofBEV, wkdstepmother, JaMak, Whatsoever, mitacond, abibble, Linda Shaw, Kazbo5771, HappJackie, Moll41
      Saturday 24th Cardiff, St Davids GingerHeart, Crabbie123, meeeekatt
      Sunday 25th Bristol, Colston Hall BrokenBromance, TheChooks, Katie Lee
      Monday 26th Plymouth, Pavilions Katie Lee
      Wednesday 28th Brighton, Dome
      Thursday 29th London, HMV Apollo Linseyap, DenJ, chosenturbo, Moomin123, Cat24, CardlesCardie, SAMofBEV, wkdstepmother, JaMak, mitacond, Linda Shaw, Dan-Bevis, outof thepark, Ella, Blueoceaneyes, fan2000, Dutch girl, AnnieNine, mitacond, spiralthreads, piebaldlady
    • Options
      moomin123moomin123 Posts: 2,165
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Yeah new thread!!

he goes off at the end of Slowly while the band are still playing ... he has a ciggie apparently!
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,262
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      He goes off briefly before the acoustic section while seat is brought out. But I'm sure it wasn't as early - trying to remember set list: Stars & Lovers, Amazing, Letters, Walking on Water, Slowly - Faithless, FTEISYF, Lost & Found, BOABH - All for Nothing, Pull me Under, WWC, RFYL - so, after Slowly, complete with pat on Lorenzo's rear at Swindon! :)
    • Options
      wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
      Forum Member
      OK a quick update for the D12 - I thought I'd post it on the thread as others who aren't going like to be kept involved. I spoke to the organiser today - she is going email Matt's "people" who I assume is Will ( think he's the only "people" Matt has) and get back to us with a couple suggested dates.

She did say it was unlikely to be too far in the future as they prefer to take advantage of gaps in the diary for these type of things rather than book a long way out and find that week is later taken for something else and cause a cancellation.

I did cheekily suggest 29 March but she said he won't do it if he's singing that day. So I asked her to avoid the easter hols partly cos I'm away - (have I mentioned I'm going to see Springsteen in NYC LOL) but also cos I assume it's harder for those with kids to go away when they are off (certainly is for me). She also said it wouldn't be a weekend.

She said she hoped to get a response tomorrow and then we can set things up.

I will DM dates as soon as I have them hopefully we will have at least 2 to pick from
    • Options
      Forum Member

he goes his off when they get his chair out for the acoustic set
    • Options
      piebaldladypiebaldlady Posts: 5,249
      Forum Member
      Hi all, soz for the removal being a tad slow, I don't drive that fast when towing delicate cargo :)

Humbug. Your question, if it's the spot I'm thinking off, just before the chair is brought on for the acoustic set - yes, he goes off stage to change to his acoustic guitar n get this plugged in (I could see this from my ariel view at Birmingham), poss take a mo to compose, take a drink of water etc

Friendly waves to returning posters calling by for a quick natter n also that nice reporter chap, your review was indeed very honest I have to say - hope you do get your pass to hammer smith, gonna be rather special n I'm sure many if the peeps will say hello, infact it's going to be rather fun meeting up with folks tho we are actually sat all over the place at the gig! Got my train n hotel all booked, kids n animals sorted for both London and Manchester (still planning on arriving for pre gig meet up, my colleagues leaving work early on the day on question etc)

I really do hope we get a live cd/DVD to tide us all over n keep Matt in the public eye whilst working on album 2, which already seems well underway by all accounts - be almost a crime to leave these live perf in snippet view on utube, they are too good for that I feel, we need a proper recording :0)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      Linseyap wrote: »
      Just bringing this over, I think this is the latest? Maybe foxy can correct it if not.

Tuesday 28th Rhyl Pavilion Cardoodle, Linseyap, G4areGreat
      Wednesday 29th Rhyl Pavilion
      Thursday 1st York Barbican Pedsky, wkdstepmother, SAMofBEV, Linseyap, tillysteeth, GingerHeart, Whatsoever, theMCDL, wildhoney
      Saturday 3rd Cambridge, Corn Exchange chosenturbo, Moomin123, Cat24, Cardie, mitacond
      Sunday 4th Oxford, Apollo New Theatre G4areGreat
      Monday 5th Birmingham, Symphony Hall piebaldlady, GingerHeart, spiralthreads, Vix1, gold shapes, Sleepyhead123
      Wednesday 7th Nottingham, Royal Concert Hall GingerHeart, Sleepyhead123, Shoed
      Thursday 8th Bournemouth, Academy amberbabe
      Saturday 10th Swindon, Oasis GingerHeart, 1lennonlove, moomin123, Cat24, chosenturbo
      Sunday 11th Portsmouth, Guildhall MinkyBea, superseasquirt, Humbug83, alicetink
      Monday 12th Southend, Cliffs Pavilion DenJ, fan2000
      Wednesday 14th Liverpool, Philharmonic GingerHeart, Ella07, Cardoodle, lulu85
      Thursday 15th Glasgow, Academy Linseyap, suzhepp71, tillysteeth, Linda Shaw, Kazbo, Ella07, Pedsky, MattCardle<3
      Friday 16th Newcastle, City Hall Linseyap, chosenturbo, Moomin123, Cat24, Cardie, GingerHeart, SAMofBEV, wkdstepmother, Ella07, Pedsky, eldracttam, wildhoney
      Sunday 18th Belfast, Waterfront Linseyap, JupiterCrash, Ella, Ilovematt, TutorGirl89
      Monday 19th Dublin, Olympia foxylox, Linseyap, Ella, Queen Maeve, ilovematt
      Tuesday 20th Dublin, Olympia Ella, ilovematt, Linseyap
      Thursday 22nd Manchester, Apollo piebaldlady, GingerHeart, SAMofBEV, wkdstepmother, JaMak, Whatsoever, mitacond, abibble, Linda Shaw, Kazbo5771, HappJackie, Moll41
      Saturday 24th Cardiff, St Davids GingerHeart, Crabbie123, meeeekatt
      Sunday 25th Bristol, Colston Hall BrokenBromance, TheChooks, Katie Lee
      Monday 26th Plymouth, Pavilions Katie Lee
      Wednesday 28th Brighton, Dome
      Thursday 29th London, HMV Apollo Linseyap, DenJ, chosenturbo, Moomin123, Cat24, CardlesCardie, SAMofBEV, wkdstepmother, JaMak, mitacond, Linda Shaw, Dan-Bevis, outof thepark, Ella, Blueoceaneyes, fan2000, Dutch girl, AnnieNine, mitacond, spiralthreads, piebaldlady

abibble needs to be added to London :)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      OK a quick update for the D12 - I thought I'd post it on the thread as others who aren't going like to be kept involved. I spoke to the organiser today - she is going email Matt's "people" who I assume is Will ( think he's the only "people" Matt has) and get back to us with a couple suggested dates.

She did say it was unlikely to be too far in the future as they prefer to take advantage of gaps in the diary for these type of things rather than book a long way out and find that week is later taken for something else and cause a cancellation.

I did cheekily suggest 29 March but she said he won't do it if he's singing that day. So I asked her to avoid the easter hols partly cos I'm away - (have I mentioned I'm going to see Springsteen in NYC LOL) but also cos I assume it's harder for those with kids to go away when they are off (certainly is for me). She also said it wouldn't be a weekend.

She said she hoped to get a response tomorrow and then we can set things up.

I will DM dates as soon as I have them hopefully we will have at least 2 to pick from

don't want it to be too soon - need something to look forward to once the tour is over!
    • Options
      Forum Member
      don't want it to be too soon - need something to look forward to once the tour is over!

that's why I suggested after Easter - she asked 3 times whether we could do it before then:o

ultimately it will be up to Will I guess
    • Options
      Forum Member
      that's why I suggested after Easter - she asked 3 times whether we could do it before then:o

ultimately it will be up to Will I guess

when are Easter holidays? we only get a couple of days off in Canada, but it's a couple of weeks here, right?
    This discussion has been closed.