Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Game of Thrones (Season Two)

Old 30-03-2012, 20:12
vicky2424
Forum Member

It would seem so.
Talk about power couple. Hopefully it means we'll be seeing more of Richard Recluse Madden.

Robb comes across really well in the tv series, he's not a POV character in the books, and I think his character is probably the best transition that the story has made from book to tv.

Jon Snow is my fave character, but I think thats because he's GRRM's and how the book is written, and Tyrion is fierce but Peter Dinklage's role has really made Tyrion a force to be reckoned with, he's getting first billing in the credits, and depending how the Emmy catagories go, he'll be a shoe in again for best supporting actor (although he might submit for lead actor now)
vicky2424 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-03-2012, 20:55
Jimmy_McNulty
Forum Member

I think it's time for a GoT marathon
Jimmy_McNulty is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 15:54
Sir Didymus
Forum Member

Jon Snow is my fave character, but I think thats because he's GRRM's and how the book is written
GRRM is on record saying Tyrion is his favourite character, and Arya a close second.
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 16:45
Vauxhall Nova
Inactive Member

Having only recently watched the first season, I have to say they found the perfect actors to play those 2 parts. They are both utterly charming on the show. The girl who plays Arya stole every scene she was in.
Vauxhall Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 18:46
toastie15
Forum Member

Hi does anyone know if anywhere is repeating the first season, stopped watching it a few episodes in and regretting it now and want to watch season 2.
toastie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 22:07
Verence
Forum Member

Having only recently watched the first season, I have to say they found the perfect actors to play those 2 parts. They are both utterly charming on the show. The girl who plays Arya stole every scene she was in.
As soon as the series was announced there wasn't a shred of doubt that Peter Dinklage would be playing Tyrion
Verence is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:02
CD93
Forum Member

Almost there, ladies and gentlemen.
CD93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:56
xynaria
Forum Member

Almost there, ladies and gentlemen.
Indeed ..I'm getting all excitable already running round the thread and scraping my bits against all the walls...........................
xynaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 14:18
Sir Didymus
Forum Member

I actually thought she was the weakest of the child actors. The thing is, she, like Dinklage, plays a very audience-friendly character (the witty, plucky underdog) with a particularly action-packed storyline. "Tyrion" and "Arya" are plum roles, and I kind of feel that the actors chosen for them would always have been very popular. The actress playing Sansa had a lot less to work with but has so far managed to do a better job, in my opinion.
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 15:58
CD93
Forum Member

Game of Thrones: Season 2
Metascore: 90 (Universal Acclaim)
User Score: 10 (Universal Acclaim)

Season Two, Episode One: "The North Remembers"
HBO: 9PM - April 1st
Sky Atlantic: 9PM - April 2nd
Old 02-04-2012, 05:34
CD93
Forum Member

Dun dun dundundunduuun dundundundunnnn

My musical contribution.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:27
xynaria
Forum Member

Well that's got us back into things rather nicely innit...................................................
xynaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:04
CD93
Forum Member

Season Two - Weeks Ahead Trailer

Season Two Critics Spot

I see Peter Dinklage now has the top credits spot
Old 02-04-2012, 09:09
nathanbrazil
Forum Member

I officially pledge my allegiance to the House Targaryen. To serve under Daenerys Stormborn, The unburnt mother of dragons and the true Queen of Westeros.
Ahhh. I'm sure she'll be very pleased.
nathanbrazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:26
tauran_shammy
Inactive Member

Well i stayed up til stupid oclock, and its so good to have this show back. I've read the book that covers this series but it was a pleasure to watch it come alive on film. The lad who plays Joffrey almost does too much of a good job, he gets right under my skin. I'm sure he is a likeable fella in real life but I worry for him, if he carries on like this he will get spat on in the street lol.

Nice to see the new characters, I'm excited to see them in flesh and bones, Nice ep that was to fill in what is going on in the big picture. Guess its time to start wishing weeks away between Sunday nights again
tauran_shammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:23
tauran_shammy
Inactive Member

Another thing......GREY WIND has grown into a big doggy. hehe awesome.
tauran_shammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:33
CD93
Forum Member

Ahhh. I'm sure she'll be very pleased.
I'm sure she is
Old 02-04-2012, 13:29
Yobaba**
Forum Member

In the TV show my favourites are Cersei, Daenerys, and Jaime.

In the books I like Jaime and Sansa.
Yobaba** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 13:49
Vauxhall Nova
Inactive Member

I actually thought she was the weakest of the child actors. The thing is, she, like Dinklage, plays a very audience-friendly character (the witty, plucky underdog) with a particularly action-packed storyline. "Tyrion" and "Arya" are plum roles.
That just means those 2 actors had a lot to live up to. As someone who has never read the books, I probably would have given up on the television show had it not been for Maisie Williams. As it happens, I stuck with it and got into it all. But she's a scene-stealer if ever there was one, that girl. The acting is universally good imo, but you have to get the right people for the more popular characters, and as far as I can tell from fans of the books they did so with those 2.
Old 02-04-2012, 13:58
Yobaba**
Forum Member

That just means those 2 actors had a lot to live up to. As someone who has never read the books, I probably would have given up on the television show had it not been for Maisie Williams. As it happens, I stuck with it and got into it all. But she's a scene-stealer if ever there was one, that girl. The acting is universally good imo, but you have to get the right people for the more popular characters, and as far as I can tell from fans of the books they did so with those 2.
The actress who plays Sansa is good too. And the character is a much more difficult role to play than Arya I think.
Old 02-04-2012, 14:10
Vauxhall Nova
Inactive Member

The actress who plays Sansa is good too. And the character is a much more difficult role to play than Arya I think.
Like I said, I haven't read the books. But just because a character is unsympathetic doesn't mean that they're harder to play imo. I just thought Sansa didn't really do much beyond looking miserable in Season 1. I figure she'll have a lot more to do this season though with Joffrey (if the actor playing him is trying to make him the most despicable character of all time, he's doing a great job). I've actually only just found out that the actress playing her is only 1 year older than Maisie, so again, another impressive child performance.
Old 02-04-2012, 14:19
Sam40G
Forum Member

Like I said, I haven't read the books. But just because a character is unsympathetic doesn't mean that they're harder to play imo. I just thought Sansa didn't really do much beyond looking miserable in Season 1.
That's also how I felt about her acting, it's like doing the same routine every time. It was the same for me in the first episode last night as well, but we'll see.
Sam40G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 14:28
Yobaba**
Forum Member

Like I said, I haven't read the books. But just because a character is unsympathetic doesn't mean that they're harder to play imo. I just thought Sansa didn't really do much beyond looking miserable in Season 1. I figure she'll have a lot more to do this season though with Joffrey (if the actor playing him is trying to make him the most despicable character of all time, he's doing a great job). I've actually only just found out that the actress playing her is only 1 year older than Maisie, so again, another impressive child performance.
I don't think Sansa is unsympathetic. We are sort of meant to like her and hate her at the same time, that's why I thought she's difficult to play. I do agree that all the child actors are really great overall though.
Old 02-04-2012, 15:03
Jimmy_McNulty
Forum Member

Is this US Pace then?

Dany looking as fit as ever

That was one of the best hour's of tv i have seen in a long time. Sets everything up perfectly for the season ahead.
Jimmy_McNulty is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 15:12
mindset
Forum Member

I don't think Sansa is unsympathetic. We are sort of meant to like her and hate her at the same time......
I thought Sansa was relentlessly unsympathetic throughout Season 1. I saw nothing about her that I could like, indeed I wished to see her head on a spike next to her father's. She was the antithesis of her lineage. The Starks were portrayed as salt of the earth, feet on the ground Northerners. Traditional, loyal and reluctant to change (stereotype much?). Sansa on the other hand was portrayed as if she was a Lannister in all but name. All she seemed to want was a fluffy pink life as Queen-Consort, lots of jewels and pretty dresses and fawning servants.

Unless she is shown to grow up very quickly, very soon.....I for one, will continue to wish for her bloody demise.
mindset is offline   Reply With Quote