Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

DS Fantasy Eurovision 22: Don't Look Back In Stavanger

Old 29-03-2012, 13:54
kvn
Forum Member

Ok, it's as good a time as any. I've got a random country somebody wants to swap. If you want to take the risk - the first person to send me a PM can swap their country for this one. No guarantees - could be better, could be worse
kvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 29-03-2012, 14:08
kvn
Forum Member

Country swap has now gone and in painful circumstances. I was sent two PMs - one at 14:04 and one at 14:05!
Old 29-03-2012, 15:34
thomizzle
Forum Member

Kvn I'm loving your spiels etc
thomizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 15:57
kvn
Forum Member

Kvn I'm loving your spiels etc
At least one persons reading the thread

Prepare for a shock with the next reveal everyone. It's incredible!!
Old 29-03-2012, 16:22
kvn
Forum Member

Are you ready for the shocker? It's coming from Serbia. And it's a BOY!!! Infact it's BOYS! (There's still a woman playing the violin though) For the first time since DSFE 2 in Prague the Serbs have sent an entry in the English language. Not only that but they're sending a piece of Celtic Rock. The band they've selected are called Irish Stew of Sindidun from Belgrade. They'll take part in the first Semi Final in Stavanger with their song "Take Me High".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsEMu5UCy0g
Old 29-03-2012, 16:25
kvn
Forum Member

Tonight will also see the draw for the semi finals to decide which half of the semi your songs will perform in
Old 29-03-2012, 16:29
Josh!
Forum Member

Ooh, just came on and listened to Serbia, I like it quite a bit as it sticks out from the other entries so far though I feel that the singer's accent lets it down slightly, I'll start to formulate some proper reviews soon but I'm liking the mix of songs so far.

Also enjoying your hosting kvn, makes it quite nice and relaxing to have the songs released one at a time, think this format is really good
Josh! is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 16:57
JordanC55
Forum Member

Serbia's okay.
JordanC55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 17:19
Pooley
Forum Member

i'm going to go through all the songs revelaed so far tonight and write a few reviews on them
Pooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 17:36
kvn
Forum Member

Time for another one of our Big 5 to release their song. Spain have been overtaken by Norway as a result of the contest Warsaw with the Norwegians taking a 4-3 lead in contest wins. The Spaniards are looking to strike back in Stavanger. They're sending the Spanish Armada to Norway captained by Natalia, who last appeared in DSFE 8 in Madrid. This time she's singing her latino stomper "Loco por mi" and you'll be hearing her in Semi Final 1!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b397BQUo690
Old 29-03-2012, 18:13
Pooley
Forum Member

MOLDOVA - it's just very dull in my mind, samey throughout bleh haha
WALES - i LOVE Duffy but hate this song not going to lie - give me mercy any day
TURKEY - i've decided i don't really like the turkish laguage in songs - it just doesn't sound right - it's ok for Turkey though
SCOTLAND - it's a strong song in comparisson to what has come before - but i can see it getting forgotten
DENMARK - i prefer lost in the fire - best so far though
AZERBAIJAN - we have gone back to dull again - he's like a worse version of Emin and he failed a couple of times - not lookig good for Azerbaijan here
ROMANIA - again i love Claudia Pavel - not the song i would have chosen personally - but i like it
CYPRUS - as previously stated this feels like a proper eurovision song - that said it's the overly ethnic songs i don't particually like - it's a bit meh
SWEDEN - well i don't completely hate it - it's not brilliant from Sweden but it's better than most of the other songs so far
BULGARIA - i thought it was a man when i was listening without the video - it's quirky and cute - thumbs up
AUSTRIA - this is how you do a ballad - it builds to a nice finish - another proper eurovision song in my mind
FINLAND - i'm not sure if i like this or not yet - it's very Jenni Varriten, but not as good - i'm sure it will grow on me though
ALBANIA - i love Rita Ora - her voice is stunnng and i love this song as well - we could be heading to Albania
NORWAY - after having Norway two contests in a row i was expecting better as there are some great songs out there
MONACO - the opening sounds like the estonian entry last contest - i nearly sent this when i had france in Malmo - so i like it already
BOSNIA - was hoping from better considering how epic the opening is - kinda just plods along though
ITALY - I love the Italian music scene not going to lie, and this reminds me why - i love the italian language as well - it's just so pretty haha
SERBIA - I genuinely like thsi - not what i was expecting at all
SPAIN - Natalia annoys me a bit, it's ok, nothing special
Pooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 18:29
penguinperson
Forum Member

ALBANIA - Quite good if generic as it's Albania it's a surprise
NORWAY - Not sure on this yet might grow on me but could go the other way as well
MONACO - I prefered her other song so depends what this will be up against
BOSNIA - Pretty much what Pooley said
ITALY - I like this one not sure if it will set the contest alight mind
SERBIA - This is also nice calming
SPAIN - I think the easten europeans do this better e.g. sluttier
penguinperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 19:38
Katsuya
Forum Member

I'm taking it rather seriously with both my countries, I'm going to have my own little mini-NFs for each...even though it'll probably be only me voting
Katsuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 19:57
kvn
Forum Member

I'm taking it rather seriously with both my countries, I'm going to have my own little mini-NFs for each...even though it'll probably be only me voting
Can I vote?
Old 29-03-2012, 20:06
Katsuya
Forum Member

If you want
Old 29-03-2012, 20:09
kvn
Forum Member

Coming up: The reveal of what half of the Semi Final's your songs will be in and an entry from the Eastern Bloc involving Scandinavian strings!?
Old 29-03-2012, 20:19
kvn
Forum Member

Belarus have just announced their entry for DSFE 22! They've invited Minsk born Alexander Rybak and his violin back for a third go at taking the contest back to the city of his birth. Alex has accepted the offer and he's only gone and brought perennial MelFest failures Timoteij with him! Alexander Rybak and Timoteij will perform their stringy number "Všnda Med Vinden" for Belarus in Semi Final 2 in Stavanger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ojGlNF_Jg
Old 29-03-2012, 20:29
kvn
Forum Member

The draw for the Semi Finals took place earlier today in a cloakroom in Stavanger. This was to decide whether the songs would perform in the first half of the Semi Final or the second half. The running order within these halfs will be decided nearer to the end of the selection period. There will be a wildcard available to one song within each half of each semi who will then be able to select their own position in the running order
Old 29-03-2012, 20:51
kvn
Forum Member

Semi Final 1 - Part One

Latvia
Armenia
Norway
Finland
Greece
Belarus
Bulgaria
Georgia
Faroe Islands
Montenegro
Monaco
Czech Republic
Turkey

Part 2

Russia
Ukraine
Azerbaijan
Estonia
Slovenia
Romania
Sweden
Portugal
Wales
Italy
Iceland
Luxembourg
Serbia
Old 29-03-2012, 20:53
kvn
Forum Member

Semi Final 2 - Part 1

Bosnia & Herzegovina
Spain
Belgium
Poland
Germany
Denmark
Cyprus
Israel
Macedonia
Malta
Slovakia
Croatia
Northern Ireland

Part 2

Netherlands
France
Switzerland
Ireland
Lithuania
Moldova
Albania
Hungary
Austria
San Marino
England
Andorra
Scotland
Old 29-03-2012, 21:41
kvn
Forum Member

Welcome back to Two Door Cinema Club who've been selected to represent Northern Ireland for the third time. They've got a 100% final appearence record so why not! The will be performing their song "I Can Talk" in the first half of Semi Final 2 in Stavanger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJDCMth8poM
Old 29-03-2012, 21:45
Katsuya
Forum Member

Old 29-03-2012, 22:07
avb
Forum Member

LOL! Not a fan of Two Door Cinema Club? I think I have the same reaction with Regina Spektor...
avb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 22:26
thomizzle
Forum Member

"I Can Talk" - yay! Completes the hat trick <3 I love all 3 of TDCC's entries in this contest.
thomizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 22:47
kvn
Forum Member

One more reveal to come tonight, courtesy of Slovenia!