Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

URGENT! Lost expired passport- renewal?

Old 29-03-2012, 17:56
bumbleybee
Forum Member

Hi there, my old passport expired last year and I am now applying for a new one however I can't find the old passport anywhere in the whole bloody house! I seen on the form that if you have lost a passport you have to fill out another form but it says thats for replacing not renewing so I'm not sure what to do? I'm going on holiday at the beginning of june
bumbleybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 29-03-2012, 18:00
myview
Inactive Member

I would ring the passport office about this:

http://maps.direct.gov.uk/LDGRedirec...6807#mapanchor
myview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 18:17
bigtunes
Forum Member

I had this last year, you have to report it missing to your local Police Station and fill in the form.
bigtunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 18:23
bumbleybee
Forum Member

I had this last year, you have to report it missing to your local Police Station and fill in the form.
I phoned and they said I had to fill in the form. I have to report it to the police even though I've misplaced it somewhere in the house?!

I've just checked the form online and it asks for the passport number
Old 29-03-2012, 18:23
poppycat
Forum Member

I just came on here to ask exactly the same question!! My husbands old expired passport has vanished, all the rest of the families are where they should be but his is missing, and we need to get a new one for July. Think I'll ring them up too!!
poppycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 18:25
bumbleybee
Forum Member

I just came on here to ask exactly the same question!! My husbands old expired passport has vanished, all the rest of the families are where they should be but his is missing, and we need to get a new one for July. Think I'll ring them up too!!
This is the lost or stolen form that you have to fill in http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_175799.pdf

You can get it from the post office, you send it along with the new passport form.
Old 29-03-2012, 18:25
poppycat
Forum Member

I phoned and they said I had to fill in the form. I have to report it to the police even though I've misplaced it somewhere in the house?!

I've just checked the form online and it asks for the passport number
I've just looked at the form and it says put the passport number if you know it. I'd guess that as long as you fill in the rest it will be ok.
Old 29-03-2012, 18:27
bigtunes
Forum Member

I've just looked at the form and it says put the passport number if you know it. I'd guess that as long as you fill in the rest it will be ok.
I didn't know mine either but it was fine.
bigtunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 18:28
poppycat
Forum Member

This is the lost or stolen form that you have to fill in http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_175799.pdf

You can get it from the post office, you send it along with the new passport form.
I was looking at the online version of the form, here:
https://passports.ips.gov.uk/lsrr1a/Rich/FormPage.aspx
Old 29-03-2012, 18:28
bumbleybee
Forum Member

Oh okay, that's good then. Im going to keep searching for my old one but I think I'll just have to send that form too and hope and pray I get a new passport in time for my holiday!

I hope the same for you too, although luckily you've not left it as late as me
Old 29-03-2012, 18:30
poppycat
Forum Member

Fingers crossed for you too! I've just hit another stumbling block, it asks for the date it was issued, no idea when that was. You can also just put the year but haven't got a clue about that either!! What a hassle!
Old 29-03-2012, 21:47
WildatHeart
Forum Member

If you've had a passport before, it's fairly straightforward.

You need to fill in the full replacement passport form - NB: I always use the Post Office's service and pay extra for their help with completion and sending off the forms - It is much quicker (around two weeks to get it back - So should be in time for your hols!), and worth paying the eight pounds plus for their help - And you also need to fill in the Lost/Stolen passport form.

I didn't report my son's lost and expired passport to the Police - It is lost at home, I know it's somewhere, but can't find it. You don't need to.

We ended up arranging an appointment and going in for the 'One Day Service' at a Passport Office - Again, not too bad, if a bit stressful, but costs around £40 more more than a replacement passport applied for by post!
WildatHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 21:52
Scuby
Forum Member

You all have computers, why not next time record the passport number or better still scan them in, just in case, womething I always do and health cards etc etc
Scuby is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote