Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Spiral (Engrenages) Series Four

Old 25-03-2013, 19:59
Elanor
Forum Member

Don't know if anyone who can answer this will actually see it now, as it's only just occurred to me at this very late stage to ask it here, but... I was intrigued and puzzled by the impressively evil Johnny Jorkal's accent, and couldn't find anything anywhere to tell me what nationality / ethnic origin he was supposed to be. I found his French almost incomprehensible, and with his distinctive but to me unidentifiable looks, at first I assumed he was supposed to be some sort of Eastern European oligarch who'd immigrated to Paris. But I see that the actor is actually Swiss, so can anyone tell me whether what he was speaking was in fact Swiss French?
Hm... I'd need to listen again. However, I did live in French speaking Switzerland for a year, and I think I would have noticed if he was speaking with a Swiss accent - I really don't think it was. There isn't really a 'Swiss French' the way there is a 'Swiss German' - they have a few different words and an accent, that's about it. I don't think Jorkal sounded Swiss. I assumed he was Eastern European.
Elanor is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-03-2013, 19:47
1066andallthat
Forum Member

I'd never put too much faith in what IMDB says, it's notoriously inaccurate. Plus someone being missing from an episode doesn't necessarily mean anything ominous.
Which turned out to be true.

Laure was not listed in eps. 9 & 10 so I thought she'd be a gonner. Glad that I was wrong!
1066andallthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 11:41
OswaldCroissant
Forum Member

I think more likely Vincent will dump her because he knows she was two-timing him with Samy and lied to him about it. But what I still want to know is whether Vincent ever found out what she was up to when he and she first "got together"!
True, he seemed all ready to bin her off in the last couple of episodes - shame he had to do the (stereo)typical man thing of not being able to resist her none-too-subtle advances! Will be interesting to see what happens with them in the next series.
OswaldCroissant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 13:14
dekaf
Forum Member

Are the police representative of real French men? I've only stayed overnight in France on the way to Lake Garda so have no idea. It's just that they're supposed to be great lovers but the police in this are a bunch of scruffy, unwashed (that's what the look like ) indviduals - mostly! And you wouldn't want to touch them with a bargepole haha

Ooohh - I so would Gilou

Anyway, I have finally caught up with this. I loved it. An absolutely gripping, brilliant series. The end was just so heartbreakingly well acted by Laure, Gilou, Tintin, and even the boss bloke.

I am so looking forward to series 5 - seems age away.
dekaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 13:35
Verence
Forum Member

An interview with Gregory Fitoussi, the fist half of which is about Spiral

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...e-my-last.html
Verence is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 22:50
dekaf
Forum Member

Just started watching series one on dvd, as I missed it when it was on telly, and It's as good as I thought it would be. Can't wait for the new series. I'm not into the Inspector Montobella, so am missing my saturday night fix.
dekaf is offline   Reply With Quote