Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' to shoot this summer

Old 26-04-2012, 23:47
scorpionatthepc
Forum Member

Was looking on ebay the other week at 70's tv series and found that man about the house the movie sells for around the 25 mark. Was tempted to put mine on there to make a nice profit as I bought mine a good 5/6 year ago from play.com for around 6.

Just wondered if other members have any dvd's on their shelves that could be worth a small fortune?

scorpionatthepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-04-2012, 14:17
Youngone
Forum Member

I had a film called trick or treat brought for 1.50 at a car boot and it sold for just under 20 on ebay a year later
Youngone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 16:45
xxstephiebabixx

i have 'jem and the holograms' on dvd .. brought it about 6 years ago for a couple of quid on play.com but now its impossible to find! dunno what its worth will be now tho as no guide lines to go on
xxstephiebabixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 17:03
MeddlingMonkey
Forum Member

I got 400 for a Mark Owen live DVD once. It was a signed one and he only sold a few through his website. They accidently sent me two but told me to keep it. It went into a mental bidding war and people were obsessed with getting it. My whole office were addicted to watching it go up in price.

Also, before the re release, The High Life was pretty rare and I found a site in Australia selling them. I bought up 10 and sold them on amazon for 85 each.
MeddlingMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 18:12
Straker
Forum Member

Also, before the re release, The High Life was pretty rare and I found a site in Australia selling them. I bought up 10 and sold them on amazon for 85 each.
I did the same with a job lot from CDWow for a fiver apiece IIRC. My best price for one copy was 99.

Sold loads of rare stuff over the years with my top prices being for a couple of anime sets that went for 400 and 500 each. Recently bought more than a hundred copies of a DVD for 75p each that sells steadily for 50. For obvious reasons I cannot say what it is!*
Straker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 18:26
grimtales1
Forum Member

I have some of the Disneys that must be pretty rare (certainly theyre long OOP)

Beauty and the Beast SE UK release (2002) with red 'book' packaging
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Platinum Edition R1 (2001) Rare - was very pleased when I got a genuine one
Sergio Leone 'Dollars' Wooden Box Limited Edition (Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More) - Very Rare (think only 5000 were made).
grimtales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 18:31
Virgil Tracy
Forum Member

I did the same with a job lot from CDWow for a fiver apiece IIRC. My best price for one copy was 99.

Sold loads of rare stuff over the years with my top prices being for a couple of anime sets that went for 400 and 500 each. Recently bought more than a hundred copies of a DVD for 75p each that sells steadily for 50. For obvious reasons I cannot say what it is!*
well that got me curious so I had a look at ebay and checked the highest priced dvds , there's a Father Ted series one R2 for 450 !

and yet its available new at amazon for 5 .

what gives ?
Virgil Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 19:34
mr_me
Forum Member

I'm not sure how rare they are but my copies of The Dark Knight and Iron Man DVD cases are shaped like the title characters head!
mr_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 19:39
stud u like
Forum Member

537.19 for The Brittas Empire Series 1-7
stud u like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 20:26
mr_me
Forum Member

537.19 for The Brittas Empire Series 1-7
Seriously?? I own that!
mr_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 20:28
MotherTeresa
Forum Member

The Heartbreak Kid on DVD can be shifted for 50 easy, but no hurry for the situation's not likely to change for a while.
MotherTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 21:09
porkpie
Inactive Member

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Platinum Edition R1 (2001) Rare - was very pleased when I got a genuine one
Sergio Leone 'Dollars' Wooden Box Limited Edition (Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More) - Very Rare (think only 5000 were made).
Unfortunately the value of Disney dvd's has been wiped out by the release of the Blurays and R1 discs are not worth much anyway, mainly because the bootlegs out there (and there are loads) purport to be the R1 releases

I have many dvd's , mainly from the US that are listed on Amazon for anything between 30 to over 100.

I've been selling off my BFI titles over the last 2-3 years once they hit the 40 mark so its gratifying they are being reissued now.

I sold several deleted Dr Who dvd's for between 20 and 40 each to unsuspecting buyers who didn't know the reason the titles were deleted was because they were due to be reissued.
porkpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 08:57
Dombo
Forum Member

Had both of these, sold snow white for 63 and Beauty and the beast for 71
Dombo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 09:00
Dombo
Forum Member

WHAT!!! 1,199.00

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ed-Gein-Bu...item4164ec5e8d

its a fiver on amazon!:
Old 28-04-2012, 09:17
Rhodes666
Forum Member

Rarest one i have i think is Tom Savini's home videos,its a 3 dvd set on the making of Day of the Dead.
Rhodes666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 12:02
stud u like
Forum Member

Seriously?? I own that!
It is on Amazon.
stud u like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 13:53
Virgil Tracy
Forum Member

there's hundreds of pages of dvds on ebay priced at over 90 , and they're obviously not rare , I don't get it
Virgil Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 17:39
grimtales1
Forum Member

Unfortunately the value of Disney dvd's has been wiped out by the release of the Blurays and R1 discs are not worth much anyway, mainly because the bootlegs out there (and there are loads) purport to be the R1 releases

I have many dvd's , mainly from the US that are listed on Amazon for anything between 30 to over 100.

I've been selling off my BFI titles over the last 2-3 years once they hit the 40 mark so its gratifying they are being reissued now.

I sold several deleted Dr Who dvd's for between 20 and 40 each to unsuspecting buyers who didn't know the reason the titles were deleted was because they were due to be reissued.
Yeah, there were many boots of the Snow White set floating around apparently
Old 28-04-2012, 21:35
porkpie
Inactive Member

Yeah, there were many boots of the Snow White set floating around apparently
As I found out when trying to sell mine.
I gave up in the end.
Play would often remove sellers but they came back again .
Nobody seemed to find it odd that a seller would have a rare deleted title thats been unavailable for several years new and sealed in multiple numbers for cheap prices.

Snow White was far from being alone.
Always R1 though .
I can't recall exactly but I wonder if it was because the US discs never had the hologram on the covers
Old 28-04-2012, 22:08
rosco2010
Forum Member

I have a copy of The Driller Killer, its from 1979 and was deemed a video nasty. I'm not sure how rare it is nowadays.
rosco2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 22:10
porkpie
Inactive Member

I have a copy of The Driller Killer, its from 1979 and was deemed a video nasty. I'm not sure how rare it is nowadays.
The film is 1979 .
The dvd isn't.

As it was passed uncut several years ago its not important anymore.
Its just another dull movie pushed into the spotlight by the morons who instigated the Video Nasty rubbish

Many of the nasties are now uncut in the UK on dvd and at least one film that was banned and then re-released with cuts is now an uncut 15- Contamination.

Still cut are I Spit On your Grave and House On the Edge of the Park although nowhere near as badly as they used to be.

Just as they were over a decade ago both are available uncut from the US and Europe.

New York Ripper is still cut but as that got kicked out of the country without a video release in 1982 its not an official nasty
Old 29-04-2012, 13:53
Tangledweb7
Forum Member

Next to no time with Kenneth More.
Tangledweb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 15:40
Dombo
Forum Member

i have a 5 disc Titanic set signed by james cameron,
i have Japanese Kill Bill 1 & 2 Box sets uncut wit hatori hanzo sword, t shirt, bear etc...
i have evil dead book of the dead as the actual book.
i have all original releases of Friends that when put together make up the new york skyline.
Old 29-04-2012, 16:33
grimtales1
Forum Member

As I found out when trying to sell mine.
I gave up in the end.
Play would often remove sellers but they came back again .
Nobody seemed to find it odd that a seller would have a rare deleted title thats been unavailable for several years new and sealed in multiple numbers for cheap prices.

Snow White was far from being alone.
Always R1 though .
I can't recall exactly but I wonder if it was because the US discs never had the hologram on the covers
I think the way to tell if Snow White was genuine was to look at the numbers round the ring in the middle. Mine wasnt new when I bought it on Ebay but seemed in VG condition to me (I got it a few years before the BD came out and when it had been deleted and in the Disney Vault for some time).
Old 29-04-2012, 17:08
xxstephiebabixx

i have 'jem and the holograms' on dvd .. brought it about 6 years ago for a couple of quid on play.com but now its impossible to find! dunno what its worth will be now tho as no guide lines to go on
scrap that! did some diggin and found on amazon it sells for around 50
xxstephiebabixx is offline   Reply With Quote