DS Forums

'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' to shoot this summer

Old 20-12-2014, 15:04
Ryan11
Forum Member

She died 5 years ago today My faves are Clueless, Uptown Girls, Little Black Book, Love and Other Disasters and The Ramen Girl
Ryan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-12-2014, 15:19
RebelScum
Forum Member

I liked Sin City, though to me she'll always be Luanne Platter, from King of the Hill (tv show).
RebelScum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 16:22
little-monster
Forum Member

My fav performance of hers is in Interrupted. She is in the film for about 20 minutes if you total her screen time. But she is incredible. Would easily have given her an oscar nom for it

She was great at comedy as shown in Clueless, Drop dead gorgeous, Just married and The Little Black Book.

I never liked King of the hill, but her performances of Luanne were the only decent thing about it. Especially as she altered her voice to play Luanne and I never knew she even voiced her until a few years ago.

I was very sad when she died. She was always one of those actresses who should of been bigger then she was.
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 16:46
Ryan11
Forum Member

My fav performance of hers is in Interrupted. She is in the film for about 20 minutes if you total her screen time. But she is incredible. Would easily have given her an oscar nom for it

She was great at comedy as shown in Clueless, Drop dead gorgeous, Just married and The Little Black Book.

I never liked King of the hill, but her performances of Luanne were the only decent thing about it. Especially as she altered her voice to play Luanne and I never knew she even voiced her until a few years ago.

I was very sad when she died. She was always one of those actresses who should of been bigger then she was.
Omg how did I forget about this!? I love this movie I'm gonna watch Drop Dead Gorgeous on Netflix later, I've never seen it before

I agree that she should've been bigger, she's very underrated. Her career just seemed to tail off after about 2006 for some reason. It's a shame, had she survived she would've been due a comeback this year with Sin City 2
Old 21-12-2014, 11:51
mialicious
Forum Member

Sin City
8 mile
Spun
Clueless
mialicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 16:31
Louise_Hart
Forum Member

Sin City, god rest her soul
Louise_Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 22:53
rfonzo
Forum Member

My sister has the DVD's of Cherry Falls which I recall is a thriller and also Just Married. I also just remembered that she was actually in Girl Interrupted. She was certainly very talented.
rfonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2014, 11:56
MagicCoppelia
Forum Member

David and Lisa is a good little film.
MagicCoppelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2014, 11:59
BastardBeaver
Forum Member

I thought she was the best Character in Girl, Interrupted. She made me cry.
BastardBeaver is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2014, 20:03
sweetazkandi
Forum Member

Just Married, Girl Interrupted and Uptown Girls
sweetazkandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2014, 13:49
Mrs Checks
Forum Member

Clueless by a country mile. Just adore the entire film and her performance as Tai. Some great quotes from that character "you're a virgin, who can't drive"

Having said that, as a huge fan of the original book of Girl, Interrupted, I was never a fan of the movie (didn't like the tone, the weird showdown scene they added, or Winona or Angelina's performances as compared to the real life characters' descriptions). However, I thought Brittany's performance was excellent and the only reason to give the movie version a second viewing.

Edited to add: also loved her in Sin City and have a huge soft spot for Drop Dead Gorgeous ("well you know what dad? Peter's gay. GAYYYYYY!")
Mrs Checks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2014, 20:48
gold dust woman
Forum Member

Girl, Interrupted will always be my favourite performance of hers.
Spun is one of my favourite films, and thought she was good in 8 Mile too.
I also thought she was very good in Don't Say A Word. It's an alright film but she was really good in it!
Loved her in more lighthearted roles such as Clueless, Drop Dead Gorgeous and Uptown Girls.

She was such an underrated actress. Her death was incredibly sad.
gold dust woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:46
Ryan11
Forum Member

I watched Drop Dead Gorgeous and Cherry Falls earlier this week, Drop Dead Gorgeous was good but I wish she had more screen time and Cherry Falls was actually better than I expected!
Old 02-01-2015, 08:32
big brother 9
Forum Member

Wow. Can't believe it's been 5 years.

My favourite movie of hers would be 8 mile
big brother 9 is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 23:07
newkid30
Forum Member

Clueless and Spun
newkid30 is offline   Reply With Quote