Options

Does anyone think channels might start showing classic soap repeats ?

djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
Forum Member
✭✭
I hope some channel picks up some old soap repeats

Does anyone think it will happen ?

Comments

• Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UK Gold always used to run repeats of Eastenders. I'm not sure when they stopped, but it was as recent as 2007.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    UK Gold always used to run repeats of Eastenders. I'm not sure when they stopped, but it was as recent as 2007.

Yeah, I remember that. They didn't start from the beginning though, they started showing episodes from c. 2000 when the Slaters first arrived.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »

from what I remember it used to be at well odd hours in the morning!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from what I remember it used to be at well odd hours in the morning!

They were also on in the afternoons and evenings. Pretty much anywhere they could stick them.
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I definitely think c4 should show Brookside again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    They were also on in the afternoons and evenings. Pretty much anywhere they could stick them.

shame they don't do them anymore. I would actually watch them this time.. (until I went back to uni.. and then gold is just a mysterious tv channel..)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shame they don't do them anymore. I would actually watch them this time.. (until I went back to uni.. and then gold is just a mysterious tv channel..)

I think they should start from the beginning. The '00s can wait - I wanna see Reg Cox again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should start from the beginning. The '00s can wait - I wanna see Reg Cox again!

I want to see when Pat first arrived, and the 90s, mainly because it sounds like the best years... and we'd have Pat, Peggy, Pauline, Grant, Frank.. just all the fab characters..
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I remember that. They didn't start from the beginning though, they started showing episodes from c. 2000 when the Slaters first arrived.

Are you sure? I'm sure I remember watching much earlier episodes than that at some point. Unless maybe it was another soap? :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They rated poorly apparently. But then they were usually given awful time slots. I do find it strange they don't repeat classic soap episodes in the UK as they do in almost every other country in the world.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame they don't show them. Would love to see the old years i never saw.
  • Options
    SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly soap reruns are very unlikely as when ever their shown, the channels don't receive the viewers they had hoped for.

However with Dallas and dynasty and few other British soaps/dramas have been shown on cbs drama. So it could possibly happen, however i don't see eastenders being one of their choices.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly ITV3 or ITV4 could show re-runs of classic EmmerDale episodes for its anniversaries and possibly Channel 4 or Channel 5 could re-run Brookside
    Who Know's?
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At one time there was a rumour that there was to be a "Soap" channel. The idea faded away and I was disappointed.
  • Options
    SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    At one time there was a rumour that there was to be a "Soap" channel, The idea faded away and I was disappointed.

that was Electric Sofa - Sofa Stars.

And according to them - their just waiting to finalize somthing.

But they've been doing that since 2010.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    At one time there was a rumour that there was to be a "Soap" channel, The idea faded away and I was disappointed.

That would have been awesome..
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SOAPYFAN wrote: »
    that was Electric Sofa - Sofa Stars.

And according to them - their just waiting to finalize somthing.

But they've been doing that since 2010.

I'd like to be optimistic.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the day that Granada Plus suddenly went off air with a promise that 'something like it' would return (i.e. ITV3) very soon.

ITV3 never carried the soap repeats like Granada Plus, which has always baffled me. I wonder if there's some contractual problem between Granada Plus and ITV ... and Sky were also deeply involved as they owned Granada Plus, not ITV. Either way, I think that something very messy went on behind the scenes.

Would love to see old Emmerdale and Corrie on ITV3 or ITV4 ... and even High Road or Crossroads :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would love to see old Emmerdale and Corrie on ITV3 or ITV4 ... and even High Road or Crossroads :p

High Road I would love to see. Terrible show, loved it! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    High Road I would love to see. Terrible show, loved it! :D

It's the first soap that I remember watching!

I used to be looked after by my grandma during the day until I started school when I was about 4 and we used to watch wall-to-wall soaps all day ... we watched the lot!

She also took me to the village where it was filmed when I was about 6 years old :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the first soap that I remember watching!

I used to be looked after by my grandma during the day until I started school when I was about 4 and we used to watch wall-to-wall soaps all day ... we watched the lot!

She also took me to the village where it was filmed when I was about 6 years old :p:D

Wow. What was it really called!
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I heard that there was going to be exactly such a channel starting off soon. Think it was called Sherwood TV or something like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Wow. What was it really called!

The village? It's called Luss and is right on the banks of Loch Lomond (as you'd expect) :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The village? It's called Luss and is right on the banks of Loch Lomond (as you'd expect) :D.

Blimey. Shame you probably don't remember much about it.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Years ago UK Gold as it was then known used to show old Eastenders and Neighbours as well as Dallas, Dynasty, Doctors and Elderado. Granada Plus back in the day used to show old Corrie and Emmerdale. I guess they just arent cool enough now to warrant a place in the schedule.