Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Official Snooker Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2012, 20:00
Elanor
Forum Member

I always notice how some of the audience always seem to be wearing football shirts.

Also everytime I've tuned into watch the snooker over the past week I've kept on noticing this one guy in the audience who seems to wear the same football shirt all the time. Whats the point?
So his mates can see him on the telly? So people can recognise him?
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-05-2012, 20:01
Tungsten
Forum Member

When is Taylor going to get his Legend's tour plug in?
Old 07-05-2012, 20:02
sarahj1986
Forum Member

Could see this all wrapped up by 9pm
Old 07-05-2012, 20:03
alfster
Forum Member

As always...she's lurrrrrvvvveeellllyyyy.....
degsyhufc
Forum Member

No 147 championship winner then
Jimmy_McNulty
Forum Member

I always notice how some of the audience always seem to be wearing football shirts.

Also everytime I've tuned into watch the snooker over the past week I've kept on noticing this one guy in the audience who seems to wear the same football shirt all the time. Whats the point?
Yes i've noticed him to. He usually sits in the seat closest to the players, but one time his mate (i think) was sat there and when he realised he might be on tv he gave the guy a nudge in the ribs and the next time they we're on they had swapped seats

As for football shirts...at a snooker event...It's just stupid imho. It's even more stupid than wearing a club tshirt to an international game.
Old 07-05-2012, 20:05
Principle
Inactive Member

No 147 championship winner then
It is best of 35 frames. Ronnie has 16 frames currently. It is first to 18.
Old 07-05-2012, 20:05
bigburgerload
Forum Member

So his mates can see him on the telly? So people can recognise him?
You'd think his mates would be able to recognize him without him having to wear a football shirt if he told them where he was sitting?

This guy has worn the same football shirt everytime I've seen him in the audience. Whats the point doesn't he have anything else to wear?
Old 07-05-2012, 20:09
bigburgerload
Forum Member

As for football shirts...at a snooker event...It's just stupid imho. It's even more stupid than wearing a club tshirt to an international game.
Yeah definitely stupid its like they're trying to show off or wanting to let people watching know who they support as if anyone cares.
Old 07-05-2012, 20:09
DUNDEEBOY
Forum Member

Those two Guy's wearing the Coventry and Dundee United tops have been in the same seats for about ten years now. The blonde larger lady you keep seeing in the osullivan camp.Is that his partner.
Old 07-05-2012, 20:11
MarkBeales
Inactive Member

Snooker's walk on girls aren't as good as the PDC darts girls.
They didn't even walk on
I know. You didn't even see them! They may as well have used Ann Widdecombe and Susan Boyle!
Old 07-05-2012, 20:11
blitzben85
Forum Member

People who go to many of the games and wear the same clothes are attention seekers. Simple as. Are the three older men sat there on the front row behind the balk line ? I've seen them so many times this year. These are not attention seekers btw...they have class, they have smart suits on.
Old 07-05-2012, 20:12
sarahj1986
Forum Member

How do these people afford to go to every game for 2 weeks?!? And how do they manage to get the same seats? Is it a season ticket?
Old 07-05-2012, 20:12
bigburgerload
Forum Member

Those two Guy's wearing the Coventry and Dundee United tops have been in the same seats for about ten years now. The blonde larger lady you keep seeing in the osullivan camp.Is that his partner.
Dundee Utd so that's who it is I thought it was bad replica in the wrong colour of a man utd shirt lol

Also lol at those two being in the same sits for over ten years thats just sad and I bet they're very protective of their sits if anyone else tries to sit there lol
Old 07-05-2012, 20:15
highlander1969
Forum Member

Ooh, we might get to the interval!!!
Elanor
Forum Member

How do these people afford to go to every game for 2 weeks?!? And how do they manage to get the same seats? Is it a season ticket?
Yes, it's a season ticket. They're not the only ones, there are quite a lot of people there year after year in the same or similar seats. When you start going to watch live you start seeing the same faces there all the time. I think it's great - if you can afford it, why the hell not? I'd love to be able to go to every session.
bigburgerload
Forum Member

People who go to many of the games and wear the same clothes are attention seekers. Simple as. Are the three older men sat there on the front row behind the balk line ? I've seen them so many times this year. These are not attention seekers btw...they have class, they have smart suits on.
Yeah I agree entirely football shirts should be banned the audience should at least dress smartly even if they don't wear a full suit.

The football shirt wearers are just attention seekers and no one cares who they support.
MarkBeales
Inactive Member

Yeah definitely stupid its like they're trying to show off or wanting to let people watching know who they support as if anyone cares.
Well I went to the Barbican in my Hull City shirt. I must be very sad then
Old 07-05-2012, 20:16
Tungsten
Forum Member

The one in the Coventry shirt has been going for twenty years apparently, and was the bloke they filmed proposing to his girlfriend last week.
Old 07-05-2012, 20:16
Elanor
Forum Member

Who cares what somebody else wears? So long as they're dressed and decent, what does it matter to anyone else?
Old 07-05-2012, 20:17
MarkBeales
Inactive Member

Dennis talking out of his hat again. He's been really poor in this tournament
Old 07-05-2012, 20:18
dustjunkie
Forum Member

Change the title of the thread from Official Snooker Thread to Bitching About What The Audience Wears please moderator
Old 07-05-2012, 20:19
sarahj1986
Forum Member

Yes, it's a season ticket. They're not the only ones, there are quite a lot of people there year after year in the same or similar seats. When you start going to watch live you start seeing the same faces there all the time. I think it's great - if you can afford it, why the hell not? I'd love to be able to go to every session.
Cheers, same here I would love to go to every match. I'm going to go next year and see how I get on, my problem is that whilst I enjoy watching snooker I do other things while watching it, eat, text, Facebook, post on here and I'm usually sloutched on the sofa or in bed so I'm not sure how I would find it in the arena, but I will give it a go!
Old 07-05-2012, 20:20
bigburgerload
Forum Member

Well I went to the Barbican in my Hull City shirt. I must be very sad then
I wouldn't even know what a Hull City shirt looked like
Old 07-05-2012, 20:20
Elanor
Forum Member

Oooh, I thought Ronnie was well on the way to another big break just then, but Ali gets a chance, yay! I really hope they can make it to the interval.

Closed Thread