Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

****Revenge - UK Pace****

Old 11-05-2012, 18:30
Densino
Inactive Member

So we're finally getting Revenge!
It will air on e4 ( I predict 3 weeks, as the adverts say coming soon)

Been looking forward to this for ages
Densino is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-05-2012, 18:42
wildbenji64

My best guess would be 28th May, 9pm, replacing One Tree Hill, which fits the adverts starting and digiguide has it down as TBA.

Excellent show, I'm planning on watching it again on E4 to tide me over until season 2 starts in the US. If it is the 28th (and I'm around 99% sure it will be) it's perfect timing, as it ends in the US on the 23rd, so I won't go a week without Revenge.
wildbenji64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 20:58
Journal
Forum Member

My best guess would be 28th May, 9pm, replacing One Tree Hill, which fits the adverts starting and digiguide has it down as TBA.

Excellent show, I'm planning on watching it again on E4 to tide me over until season 2 starts in the US. If it is the 28th (and I'm around 99% sure it will be) it's perfect timing, as it ends in the US on the 23rd, so I won't go a week without Revenge.
Haha I'm planning on doing exactly the same. The break was absolute agony and now that they're giving us weekly Revenge I cannot go without my fix of this amazing show. Plus with it airing in the UK I can conveniently shove it on the television and make my Mum get into it as well.

Anyone currently watching Desperate Housewives in the UK and are worried about their favourite show concluding very soon should jump on the Revenge train, you won't be disappointed!
Journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 15:16
trinity28
Forum Member

I have heard good reviews about this show and with most of the shows i do watch coming to a end it is one of the shows i'm looking forward to watching
trinity28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 15:35
MrSuper
Forum Member

Haha I'm planning on doing exactly the same. The break was absolute agony and now that they're giving us weekly Revenge I cannot go without my fix of this amazing show. Plus with it airing in the UK I can conveniently shove it on the television and make my Mum get into it as well!
I've heard good things about this show especially now that it's been renewed for a 2nd season but i don't really know that much about it. What is it exactly that makes the show amazing? What's it got going for itself?
MrSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 22:29
daisiesfan
Forum Member

I've heard good things about this show especially now that it's been renewed for a 2nd season but i don't really know that much about it. What is it exactly that makes the show amazing? What's it got going for itself?
The best way of describing it is a mixture of Dynasty and Dawsons Creek. If you like shows like Desperate Housewives and Ringer, you will like this show. Oh and there are some sexy men in it lol.
daisiesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 00:39
Lennie
Forum Member

Same here will watch this again on E4 till we all wait for season 2,
Lennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 00:51
Journal
Forum Member

Its difficult to specify exactly what makes it amazing because its an ensemble of factors really. The character development is top-notch, each and every character has a crucial role to play in the unfolding drama and the chemistry between the main cast brings it out. The story arc for this first season has been masterful in delivering a constant flow of intrigue and suspense without ever giving away their hand, at its early stages I was concerned over what direction they could possibly bring the show in for Season 2 but its clear now they have so many possible routes to explore. The network clearly has confidence in the show to move it to primetime on a Sunday in the US against other well-rated shows, something tells me Revenge is here to stay so its well worth giving it a shot, if the first episode doesn't grab you then the next few should. Hope this helped, I'm not sure if its clear what I'm trying to say .
Old 17-05-2012, 00:52
MrSuper
Forum Member

The best way of describing it is a mixture of Dynasty and Dawsons Creek. If you like shows like Desperate Housewives and Ringer, you will like this show. Oh and there are some sexy men in it lol.
No offense, but that's not really a positive in my eyes! If that's your best description of the show then you're basically describing a show aimed at the female demographic.

Its difficult to specify exactly what makes it amazing because its an ensemble of factors really. The character development is top-notch, each and every character has a crucial role to play in the unfolding drama and the chemistry between the main cast brings it out. The story arc for this first season has been masterful in delivering a constant flow of intrigue and suspense without ever giving away their hand, at its early stages I was concerned over what direction they could possibly bring the show in for Season 2 but its clear now they have so many possible routes to explore. The network clearly has confidence in the show to move it to primetime on a Sunday in the US against other well-rated shows, something tells me Revenge is here to stay so its well worth giving it a shot, if the first episode doesn't grab you then the next few should. Hope this helped, I'm not sure if its clear what I'm trying to say .
Now that's more like it! Good job, sir/madam!
MrSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 00:56
Lennie
Forum Member

Emily Van Camp is amazing, the subtleness of how she plays Emily Thorne is just right and lets not forget Madeline Stowe...... she is just too great, you want to hate but she just pulls you towards you, she's hard to explain, but you will get it when you see how she plays the role and why i guess
Old 17-05-2012, 01:02
Journal
Forum Member

Haha thank you I'm happy you understood it because reading it back I wasn't sure I was making much sense.

Emily Van Camp is amazing, the subtleness of how she plays Emily Thorne is just right and lets not forget Madeline Stowe...... she is just too great, you want to hate but she just pulls you towards you, she's hard to explain, but you will get it when you see how she plays the role and why i guess
I agree its difficult to explain the draw of Madeline Stowe, her character is clearly the arch-villain yet shes so endearing in the role, your rooting for Emily yet at the same time your concerned for Victoria.
Old 17-05-2012, 07:49
Tribec
Forum Member

The story was based upon the Alexandre Dumas novel, The Count of Monte Cristo. The comments comparing it to Dynasty (I won't or can't compare to Dawson Creek as I've never seen any of that) are to my mind based on the lifestyle of the characters.

The show is wonderful, with the Dynasty lifestyle, twist and turns straight from a season of 24 and the cast that was perfectly assembled. It has drama, some comedy, suspense and that over the top feel you get from Dynasty.

Please I have mentioned Dynsaty a lot in here, but it's only an aspect of it, it's worth a watch I promise you that.
Tribec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 09:53
scoobyju1
Forum Member

I'm soooooo looking forward to this!
scoobyju1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 13:29
Lennie
Forum Member

I agree its difficult to explain the draw of Madeline Stowe, her character is clearly the arch-villain yet shes so endearing in the role, your rooting for Emily yet at the same time your concerned for Victoria.
Yep its this pull and draw to Victoria in how Madeline plays it.....

I am rooting for Emily all the way, she deserves to get her revenge, she has had basically everything taken from her - her innocence, her childhood etc.........

Any idea what the exact date this is coming on????
Old 17-05-2012, 15:21
Salv*
Forum Member

I could wait but I might watch it online as I can't wait
Salv* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 17:55
lovetochat
Forum Member

I could wait but I might watch it online as I can't wait
The thing is, once you start watching, you'll want to know what happens next. Watching US pace means you've no other choice, you HAVE to wait til the next air date. Watching with the UK pace, knowing the rest of the series is available elsewhere, would be so hard!
lovetochat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 18:46
Lennie
Forum Member

I started Revenge in March asi kept delaying watching them, i had all the episodes till episode 10 or 11 and took me 3 days to finish, once you start you cant stop, and what was even better is me not knowing any spoilers or anything, so i got to see everything unfold without knowing anything

This is one show i dont read spoilers on or anything... its better that way
Old 17-05-2012, 18:47
dirrrty
Forum Member

Anyone know when it starts in Ireland, it's normally around the same time
dirrrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 18:47
daisiesfan
Forum Member

No offense, but that's not really a positive in my eyes! If that's your best description of the show then you're basically describing a show aimed at the female demographic.

You the forum police like?
I think it is a show aimed at the female demographic, so I was dead on then.
daisiesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 20:27
mrkite77
Forum Member

"What if the Count of Monte Cristo was a 26 year old woman.. and instead of Paris in 1830, it took place in the Hamptons in 2011?"

That's Revenge in a nutshell.
mrkite77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 22:12
NinjyBear
Forum Member

Confirmed for the 28th. Might give it a go.
NinjyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 05:38
Journal
Forum Member

I can't get enough of Revenge at the minute, I bet there is so much I've missed on my first watch through, less than a week after I finish the series it'll boot up on e4 and I'll be hooked all over again. I hope it does well for e4 ratings-wise.
Old 18-05-2012, 10:44
Lennie
Forum Member

Thats exactly what i think will happen, when you watch it again, you might get into it more and if you missed anything..........
Old 25-05-2012, 17:50
ddarko
Forum Member

A reminder that it starts on E4 on Monday May 28 at 9 pm. Also, a link to a brief summary in the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...adeleine-stowe
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 18:54
Densino
Inactive Member

Anyone know when it starts in Ireland, it's normally around the same time
It hasn't been announced that rte or tv3 have picked it up
Densino is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote