Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

EE Lucy Beale/Hetti Bywater

Old 25-05-2012, 12:03
spannerandpony
Forum Member

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but is anyone else concerned about how thin Hetti Bywater is becoming?

My young teenage dd pointed it out the other day. I so hope Hetti is ok.
spannerandpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-05-2012, 12:03
IanMandy
Forum Member

She does look thin, I agree. I agree, hope she is ok
IanMandy is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 12:13
chocolatecake
Forum Member

Yeah me too. Whenever I see her I want to give her a large meal.

But she was already very thin when she first appeared as Lucy... Maybe she's one of these people who are naturally thin? I have friends who could eat for England yet still remain stick - insects.. however like you do, I hope she's ok..
chocolatecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 12:14
mrblank
Forum Member

unlike melissa suffield who by the time she left EE most certainly did NOT look thin
mrblank is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 12:17
chocolatecake
Forum Member

unlike melissa suffield who by the time she left EE most certainly did NOT look thin

Its comments like that, which don't help millions of girls out there who have body issues, does it matter that melissa suffield may have put on some weight? No... as long as she is healthy and can act...
Old 25-05-2012, 12:23
spannerandpony
Forum Member

I know Hetti was slim when she joined, but she looks like she's lost a lot of weight recently.
Old 25-05-2012, 12:24
spannerandpony
Forum Member

Really? Didn't notice. She always looked fine.
Old 25-05-2012, 12:29
Guido9
Forum Member

Hmmm, she's not very old though is she - 18? Just because she isn't a voluptuous, fully developed female with curves and a 34" waist (or obese even!), it doesn't mean to say there's anything wrong with her!
Guido9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 12:35
felixrex
Forum Member

You're the same person who made a thread about Abi being fat a few days ago. You really need to get a life.

Anyway, Lucy, like Abi, looks absolutely fine. We are so obsessed and critical of people's weight these days that our idea of 'unhealthily thin' has become completely distorted. Hetti has a perfectly average figure for a girl of her age. Her teenage metabolism is probably still abolishing calories the moment they pass her lips.

Some people are very slim, some people aren't. Neither is automatically indicative of ill health. There is this great fallacy these days that it is impossible to be lean and slim and still be healthy. It's not true. Neither Abi or Lucy deserve to have their weights scrutinised, they both look fine and they both look healthy. If people honestly think Hetti is 'shockingly' thin or 'anorexic-looking', as I have seen her described, I could show you people who really do have a problem, which would put the modern idea of 'too thin' far, far into perspective.

Let's just stop making comments on teenage girls' weights, whether it be because they're 'too chubby' or 'too skinny'. It's irrelevant and it's none of our business. And they both look absolutely fine.
felixrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 12:35
mrblank
Forum Member

hetti is welsh her EE accent is good youd never know from that she wasnt really english
Old 25-05-2012, 12:38
maurice45
Forum Member

hetti is welsh her EE accent is good youd never know from that she wasnt really english
Apparently she was born in Sussex...
maurice45 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 12:40
Guido9
Forum Member

Apparently she was born in Sussex...
My late auntie was called Hettie, who lived in Tenby (SW Wales) so she is definitely of Welsh dissent somewhere along the way (ancestory wise perhaps if she was born in Sussex!)
Old 25-05-2012, 12:42
maurice45
Forum Member

My late auntie was called Hettie, who lived in Tenby (SW Wales) so she is definitely of Welsh dissent!
That's not what I meant; that was more to do with her accent. Being born in Sussex, she'd have an English accent.

(I'm partly of Welsh descent )
Old 25-05-2012, 12:45
Guido9
Forum Member

That's not what I meant; that was more to do with her accent. Being born in Sussex, she'd have an English accent.

(I'm partly of Welsh descent )
I'm not but my Grandmother was born in Tenby too! - so I have Welsh ancestory myself I love the Welsh people, very friendly (well - in South Wales). I am told North Welshies are a bit more insular and less friendly though....but that's only what I'm told....
Old 25-05-2012, 12:46
mrblank
Forum Member

but brought up in wales
Old 25-05-2012, 12:49
maurice45
Forum Member

I'm not but my Grandmother was born in Tenby too! - so I have Welsh ancestory myself I love the Welsh people, very friendly (well - in South Wales). I am told North Welshies are a bit more insular and less friendly though....but that's only what I'm told....
I've only ever visited South Wales, the people there are very friendly. Been told the same thing about North Wales but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

but brought up in wales
Ok, that would make sense.
Old 25-05-2012, 13:08
walford-e20
Forum Member

Its comments like that, which don't help millions of girls out there who have body issues, does it matter that melissa suffield may have put on some weight? No... as long as she is healthy and can act...
This. That thread calling Abi fat the other day was just.
walford-e20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 13:12
spannerandpony
Forum Member

Hmmm, she's not very old though is she - 18? Just because she isn't a voluptuous, fully developed female with curves and a 34" waist (or obese even!), it doesn't mean to say there's anything wrong with her!
No, of course not! But her arms and legs have become an awful lot thinner in the last few months, hence my concern.

My daughter is very slim herself but because she dances 5 days a week she's toned and strong, and her weight is stable. What worries me is how much weight Hetti appears to have lost in a relatively short time.
Old 25-05-2012, 13:13
vampirek
Forum Member

'Yeah me too. Whenever I see her I want to give her a large meal'

Its comments like that, which don't help millions of people out there who have body issues, does it matter that Hetti Bywater may have lost some weight or look slightly thin to your standards? No... as long as she is healthy and can act...

Double standards.
vampirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 13:32
SuperDude95
Forum Member

I think Hetti Bywater looks great
SuperDude95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 13:32
stud u like
Forum Member

Thoughtless comments like that killed Karen Carpenter.
stud u like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 13:39
los.kav
Forum Member

Its comments like that, which don't help millions of people out there who have body issues, does it matter that Hetti Bywater may have lost some weight or look slightly thin to your standards? No... as long as she is healthy and can act...

Double standards.
I think Hetty is a very beautiful young woman, but the bit-in-bold is still a bit shady in my point of view.
los.kav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 13:42
chocolatecake
Forum Member

Double standards.
I agree double standards which is stupid of me, and was stupid of me to write.
Old 25-05-2012, 15:09
Renegade Master
Forum Member

I just want to give her a sausage
Renegade Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 15:28
Sifter22
Forum Member

Hetti looks fine, we seem to have this faux concern culture these days, which basically is where celeb women just get judged all the time.
Sifter22 is offline   Reply With Quote