Sponsor pulls out of Big Brother?

i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
Forum Member
Has the Boadband provider who earlier this year sponsored CBB pulled out?

Promotional material for the latest BB seems to have a different sponsor.

Comments

• Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Pulls out suggests they were going to sponsor this series then didn't, they just chose not to sponsor this series when they were offered it.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the following CBB have the same sponsor as BB?
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    Non story this. Freederm now sponsor Neighbours so any suggestion that relationships with previous sponsors of the show didn't end well is wide of the mark. Plusnet still advertise their services regularly on the channel. BB meanwhile now has a sponsor more reflective of its key demographic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Non story this. Freederm now sponsor Neighbours so any suggestion that relationships with previous sponsors of the show didn't end well is wide of the mark. Plusnet still advertise their services regularly on the channel. BB meanwhile now has a sponsor more reflective of its key demographic.

Sponsors might be in for a shock then
    if the previous winners of the show on 5 are anything to go by
    and views in this thread,

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1580342
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sponsors might be in for a shock then
    if the previous winners of the show on 5 are anything to go by
    and views in this thread,

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1580342

Oooh! Interesting point and thread!
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure C5 have some audience research telling them how they're reached the youth market.

More than they ever did with CSI & NCIS in prime time, anyway.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting reading. I noticed this. You would think that on Channel 5 (and Ch5 primarilly targetting teens), that it would be just teens watching. But on BOTS and even in the crowd throughout CBB8, BB12 and CBB9, people in these audiences were mostly middle aged, with the exception of a few. I am sure the large majority of the BOTS the night where it was in the garden in BB12 were over 40.

Also... older house mates won all three series.
    CBB8- Paddy.
    BB12- Aaron
    CBB9- Denise

Compare this to Ch4 BBs... Craig, Brian D, Kate, Nadia, Anthony, Pete, Brian, Rachel. Sophie and Josie... were ALL younger than ALL of the Channel 5 winners so far. The only older winner was Cameron (and he was only 32).

This means that Aaron is the 2nd oldest BB winner behind Cameron.

I predict two more over 30 winners throughout BB13 and CBB10.
  • happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    Oooh! Interesting point and thread!
    Not interesting at all, but certainly a nominee for most misleading thread on the board. Won't even entertain it by replying and putting right all the wrongs, not worth it. But needless to say the audience data shows time and time again that BB is still very strong in its key 16-34 demographic. Often comes out on top in this demo over shows on BBC One and ITV1 with 2 or 3 times as many viewers overall.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    Not interesting at all, but certainly a nominee for most misleading thread on the board. Won't even entertain it by replying and putting right all the wrongs, not worth it. But needless to say the audience data shows time and time again that BB is still very strong in its key 16-34 demographic. Often comes out on top in this demo over shows on BBC One and ITV1 with 2 or 3 times as many viewers overall.

If BB on C5 knocks spots off other channels re the 16 - 34 demographic one would have thought it was spot on for continued sponsorship from Freederm.

Has it been said how long Swarfega has signed up to sponsor BB, is it tied into cross platform advertising and features in certain magazines?

It does look like C5 have had difficulty securing a sponsor for the programme as it would seem Plusnet only had a deal for series?