Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 10)

Old 14-12-2014, 21:17
Leicester_Hunk
Forum Member

I read a bit of an article about Text Santa today and in it Alesha was talking about her little girl and her partner. She said "why do people always ask when you are going to get married once you have had a baby?"

How about putting the horse before the cart? Particularly as she had such a dreadful father figure you would think she would want some stability for her child.

*expecting lots of blistering attacks here*
Leicester_Hunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-12-2014, 21:30
fizzycat
Forum Member

Marriage isn't a guarantee of stability. Never has been, never will be.

(Apologies if you wanted 'blistering'. I'm sure someone will oblige soon.)
fizzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 21:35
David Wright
Forum Member

I'm surprised that Alesha is surprised.
David Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 21:52
pete137
Forum Member

I read a bit of an article about Text Santa today and in it Alesha was talking about her little girl and her partner. She said "why do people always ask when you are going to get married once you have had a baby?"

How about putting the horse before the cart? Particularly as she had such a dreadful father figure you would think she would want some stability for her child.

Ever heard of divorce ?
pete137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 22:08
Leicester_Hunk
Forum Member

Ever heard of divorce ?

So you don't bother getting married because you want to avoid a divorce?
Old 14-12-2014, 22:15
Blondie X
Forum Member

Marriage doesn't mean stability nor does not being married mean the relationship is worth less.

I've been with my partner for longer than anyone I know (24 1/2 years) and getting married would mean nothing to me. It's 5 minutes in a register office repeating some words that a bloke from the council tells you to imo.

I've actually got one mate who has been divorced 3 times since we've been together so work out how his kids have got more stability than mine
Blondie X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 22:39
artlesschaos
Forum Member

Cart before the horse? If you needed to be married before you had children, surely it would be biologically impossible.

It's more likely that having a failed marriage to a man that cheated on her, then cheated on the woman he cheated on her with (who had his child) has done some damage to the idea that there is sanctity and protection in the act of wearing a pretty dress and repeating someone else's words.

But, you know, don't let that stop you judging from back there in the 1950's.
artlesschaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 00:17
Leicester_Hunk
Forum Member

Who said I am judging?

I have simply made a comment which I am entitled to do.
Old 15-12-2014, 00:25
Aurora13
Forum Member

You think Katie Price approach to marriage is better than folks who live with their partners for decades. Hm,.......
Aurora13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 09:03
donna255
Forum Member

OP you mention her awful father, so now add the prat of a cheating first husband and we have 1 +1 = 2, so she has the,' not doing that again.'

At the end of the day she is a grown woman and can decide to do what she wants. She earns her own money and can be independent. She has a partner and is happy and I am sure her baby is happy. That is all you can ask for in live, being happy.
donna255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 09:49
The Prumeister
Forum Member

It is 2014, not 1954.

Marriage does not necessarily mean anything other than a piece of paper to show you're committed (and I'm saying that as someone who has been happily married for 11 years).

As long as her, her partner and their child are happy it is absolutely nobody's business but theirs.
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 10:20
Bela
Forum Member

Who said I am judging?

I have simply made a comment which I am entitled to do.
Marriage does not equal stability. So while you may not be judging, your starting premise is really flawed.
Bela is offline   Reply With Quote