Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Can I remove AdChoices?

Old 03-06-2012, 01:19
stash22
Forum Member

I am terrible with computers so basically am wondering can I remove or change what I see in the AdChoices advertising boxes on Digitalspy. Every day my adverts are an animal charity which shows images of caged animals and other things. I really dont want to see this everyday when I come on an entertainment website, is there anyway to change what adverts come up? I tried clicking the 'i' symbol to change preferences but it doesnt make a difference.
stash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:25
Biffo the Bear
Forum Member

Adblock has been mentioned on here many times. It's very effective for blocking ads that you don't want to see if they upset you, although you can selectively add ones to block if you don't mind the other ads.
Biffo the Bear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:31
stash22
Forum Member

Ok, Adblock - I will search for that. thanks!!
stash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:11
Iqoniq
Forum Member

To run AdBlock you need to be using either Firefox or Chrome. AdBlock for Firefox can be found by clicking here, and for Chrome click here.

There is a utility for Internet Explorer called Simple Adblock. As I run Linux, I can't use it (plus I also run Firefox as well as it's better than IE) so I can't testify how good it is. I hope this helps anyway.
Iqoniq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:36
Red Okktober
Inactive Member

I am terrible with computers so basically am wondering can I remove or change what I see in the AdChoices advertising boxes on Digitalspy. Every day my adverts are an animal charity which shows images of caged animals and other things. I really dont want to see this everyday when I come on an entertainment website, is there anyway to change what adverts come up? I tried clicking the 'i' symbol to change preferences but it doesnt make a difference.
You can block third party cookies, to stop being tracked by advertisers, with a basic setting in your browser, Do the following for IE, or google 'blocking third party cookies' in whatever browser you use

Tools> internet options> privacy> advanced

You will need to keep first party cookies as they keep you logged in to websites such as this one, but third party cookies are the invention of an imbecile who thinks people want to see the same ads over and over and are unable to search for them themselves
Red Okktober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:40
The Terminator
Inactive Member

DS don't like people openly mentioning Adblock as a solution to their overbearing, intrusive commercials, but I think it's justified in a case like this.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:45
Chabby_Boona
Inactive Member

DS don't like people openly mentioning Adblock as a solution to their overbearing, intrusive commercials, but I think it's justified in a case like this.
Is it illegal in the TCs? Maybe you should not say things like this because some may be banned for what you say?
Chabby_Boona is offline   Reply With Quote