Forum Member
The third season of Spartacus has been named "War of the Damned"

It is sadly also the final season.:cry:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=90980

Comments

• MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Todd Lasance - loved him in Home and Away;)
  • SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted that there will only be one more series, I was hoping for another two.

But I bet it's going to be absolutely spectacular and sometimes it is better to end on a big high unlike some other shows that just go on and on and on...
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally caught up, just finished Vengeance. Absolutely fantastic! Cannot wait for War of the Damned now! :)

Just one question about Lucretia; was she merely pretending to be insane when found in the ludus? I know she was really unhinged, as we saw in her final scene, but I mean was she faking the level of madness, for example in the scene where she was found dishevelled and mumbling. Ashur saved her from the massacre, so did she just return to the scene, pretending to have been left there since the attack, and lie in wait as part of her plan against Ilithyia?
  • Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally caught up, just finished Vengeance. Absolutely fantastic! Cannot wait for War of the Damned now! :)

Just one question about Lucretia; was she merely pretending to be insane when found in the ludus? I know she was really unhinged, as we saw in her final scene, but I mean was she faking the level of madness, for example in the scene where she was found dishevelled and mumbling. Ashur saved her from the massacre, so did she just return to the scene, pretending to have been left there since the attack, and lie in wait as part of her plan against Ilithyia?

She was batshit insane, but when she realised Ilithiya was pregnant she saw the opportunity to get her revenge, and that's why she seemed to be OK again, she was just doing what she needed to do to get all her schemes to pan out, the culmination of which was in the final episode.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weigh-Man wrote: »
    She was batshit insane, but when she realised Ilithiya was pregnant she saw the opportunity to get her revenge, and that's why she seemed to be OK again, she was just doing what she needed to do to get all her schemes to pan out, the culmination of which was in the final episode.

I didn't see it as revenge - she saw the baby as hers & Quintus's from the moment she found out about it and, as you say, seemed sane from then on to get the baby for herself and her dead Quintus.

Like you said, totally batshit insane:D
  • wur86wur86 Posts: 10,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy was the best Sparticus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wur86 wrote: »
    Andy was the best Sparticus.

Nah, Kirk Douglas:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weigh-Man wrote: »

Aaah okay, thanks. :)

I just wondered because some of the time she seemed genuinely crazy, yet sometimes it seemed as if it was merely a front.

So, after stitching her wound, I'm assuming Ashur left her in the ludus, so she genuinely was alone for weeks?

I seem to have gotten a little lost with this storyline. :o
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know when this is starting?

It was around this time last year.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^according to tvrage dot com it's Fri Jan 25 US time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prediction 28th January on Sky1, last year Spartacus was on Sky the following Monday after the US aired it on the Friday.
  • fatsifatsi Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JTsky wrote: »
    Prediction 28th January on Sky1, last year Spartacus was on Sky the following Monday after the US aired it on the Friday.

Nope. Just checked my EPG and Sky are still running Vengeance on the 28th. Geektown say a February return - http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    26 Jan in the US according to this http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/ :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    26 Jan in the US according to this http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/ :D

All the shows are on the wrong days on that website as it says Hawaii 5-0, Bones etc are on a Tuesday, they are always aired on Mondays.
  • leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JTsky wrote: »
    All the shows are on the wrong days on that website as it says Hawaii 5-0, Bones etc are on a Tuesday, they are always aired on Mondays.

Its GMT on that website,handy for some ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vengeance re-run concludes on Sky1 on Monday 4th Feb.

I think War of the Damned will follow on so will start on Sky1 10pm 11th Feb.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    in a sense i'm not sad that this is the last season.

I love the show but the only way it could continue is if spartacus actually took rome. and i don't want them to drag it out a la Lost. it's actually quite courageous.
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed as feb 11th....10 pm!

Can't wait :)
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news! Thanks Bio Max. :)
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Bio Max wrote: »
    Confirmed as feb 11th....10 pm!

Can't wait :)

FYI Starz are not broadcasting an episode on Friday 15th Feb or 29th March.

So if sky to a straight run they will be caught up by the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw the 1st episode... really enjoyed it!!! I think next week is when it'll all kick off now the majority of new characters have been introduced. Great ep though, and the budget has obviously been increased!! Loved it. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great opening. :)

Was I alone in thinking Tertulla was Ilithyia at first? She's almost the spitting image!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've started a US pace thread as I'm not sure sharing is going to work well this year as the UK are a couple of weeks behind

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=63875086#post63875086

Hope this is OK with everyone :)
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A week to go.

I will miss Ilithyia and the others - and a shame this season is so short - but can't wait :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bio Max wrote: »
    A week to go.

I will miss Ilithyia and the others - and a shame this season is so short - but can't wait :D

How short is this season then?
    The others were only 12 eps weren't they....I can't remember now :o