Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

***Grimm Season 2 (US-Pace) - 13th August***

Old 29-09-2012, 11:57
Geri69
Forum Member

I am just up to episode three so far of new season cos I like to get a couple watched at same time.DH is also hooked but he is waiting till series starts in 22nd October here as he has only finished series one.

My fave series on the box.
Geri69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 29-09-2012, 16:39
StressMonkey
Forum Member

Episode 5 last night - another good episode. Got to say Grimm is maintaining the quality this season

Monroe was in absolutely fine form last night and most of the humour was around him

And the bodies just keep stacking up around Nick

Juliet seems to be warming to Nick.which is nice. But Captain Renard seems to be developing feeling for her because of the kiss....That could get messy!!

Going to spoil this bit because it relates to the trailer for next week and gives away a lot
Spoiler
StressMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 20:06
Sharon87
Forum Member

Really enjoyed that episode. It's turned into a show I have to tune into every week.

Not sure about the above spoiler tag, just watched the trailer as well, not sure if I like it, but I'll find out I guess.
Sharon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 02:34
SilverCrown
Forum Member

Great episode!! I'm really enjoying this season!

Next episode looks great.

Spoiler
SilverCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 10:43
StressMonkey
Forum Member

Great episode!! I'm really enjoying this season!

Next episode looks great.

Spoiler
If you read my posts in this thread.........
Old 30-09-2012, 12:32
SilverCrown
Forum Member

If you read my posts in this thread.........
Opps! I read your post last night but must've missed that part. Ekk! Sorry
SilverCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 20:29
iShum
Forum Member

Grimm is definitely on brilliant form, I'm so glad it's back!
iShum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:47
ukool
Forum Member

Loved the newest ep Whens it back on Watch? My dad keeps asking whats happning as he wont watch online.
ukool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 17:19
iShum
Forum Member

Loved the newest ep Whens it back on Watch? My dad keeps asking whats happning as he wont watch online.
I've loosely heard Oct 22nd
iShum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 16:33
StressMonkey
Forum Member

And another good episode

Of late it makes a refreshing change when you can say all episodes so far in a series have been good/great. So many series have had a dramatic downturn in quality or are very hit and miss. Of the ones that are good - they get cancelled!!!

So this week - my only disappointment was that the promo from last week seems to relate as much to next week as this so

Spoiler

But Angela back!! And she was brilliant I'm not a big fan of Roselea (though think she is a good character) as I find her rather dull & insipid. SO having Angela back to bring out the wolf in Monroe was a treat She might be a multiple murderer, but she has attitude Hell - she even dies with attitude 'Damn;
Old 07-10-2012, 03:21
Matt D
Forum Member

I wish someone would do a series with Jaime Ray Newman and Kathleen Munroe as main cast members.
Matt D is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 14:34
Mart_UK
Forum Member

Great episode. Upset with Angelina's character though, she was the only tough female character with a big/cocky attitude. Grimm as a show needed that. There was much more they could've done with her.
The Royals storyline is interesting, can't wait to find out more about it. And Capt. Renard need more screen time!!
Mart_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 15:19
2FS
Forum Member

Great episode. Upset with Angelina's character though, she was the only tough female character with a big/cocky attitude. Grimm as a show needed that. There was much more they could've done with her.
Couldn't agree more! The trouble with the "Good guys" in Grimm, is that they're all so nice. A good(ish) character with an edge would really benefit the show.
2FS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 16:09
StressMonkey
Forum Member

Couldn't agree more! The trouble with the "Good guys" in Grimm, is that they're all so nice. A good(ish) character with an edge would really benefit the show.
I don't know

The bodies are piling up around Nick at an alarming rate.
Hank was a complete plank when under Adelade's spell, has three ex wives and seems a little too keen to cover up for Nick.
Wu has quite a cutting tongue (is he even in it any more?)

And Monroe is one bacon sandwich away from mass murderer

I think the captain fits your criteria though - if he turns out to be a good guy of course. So far he seems to be a good police captain and has had Nick's back though his motives are very questionable.

But, yeah. Juliet and Roselea are a little too nice.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:23
highlight
Forum Member

Have to agree this is one of the better series on TV at the moment.
highlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 22:46
2FS
Forum Member

I don't know

The bodies are piling up around Nick at an alarming rate.
Hank was a complete plank when under Adelade's spell, has three ex wives and seems a little too keen to cover up for Nick.
Wu has quite a cutting tongue (is he even in it any more?)

And Monroe is one bacon sandwich away from mass murderer

I think the captain fits your criteria though - if he turns out to be a good guy of course. So far he seems to be a good police captain and has had Nick's back though his motives are very questionable.

But, yeah. Juliet and Roselea are a little too nice.
Well, when you put it like that. They do sound like a bunch of twonks

I think the Captain is like Nick, both are breaking the mould of their Grimm/Royal roles, but I don't think he's good (yet).
2FS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 12:51
StressMonkey
Forum Member

Another solid episode though perhaps the weakest of the series.

It was pretty obvious it was the little girl not her dad pretty much from the start. And Monroe making a mistake in the spice shop? Obvious comedy opportunity.

But there were some really nice moments - referring back to the Ogre & Hank. Nick and Juliette - the dream was well played. Not enough Adeline but at least she was in it Juliette and the captain could get interesting.

I hope there is a slight shift towards the arc stories next week. Grimm does monster of the week really well, but we've had a few on the trot now.
Old 14-10-2012, 23:20
Mart_UK
Forum Member

Is it me or do Juliette/Renard have way more chemistry than Juliette/Nick..
The latest episode was okay, not enough Monroe. +The little girl was creepy, what was she smiling to herself about at the end of the ep?

(BTW Mr David Greenwalt, It's season 2 now so less monster of week episodes please!!)
Mart_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 23:08
Deccomajor
Forum Member

Another great episode though agree not enough Monroe & Rosalee. Was trying to rack my brain where i'd seen the actor who played Bill Granger before, then i remembered he was Joshua in No Ordinary Family.
Deccomajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 14:39
StressMonkey
Forum Member

Is it me or do Juliette/Renard have way more chemistry than Juliette/Nick..
The latest episode was okay, not enough Monroe. +The little girl was creepy, what was she smiling to herself about at the end of the ep?

(BTW Mr David Greenwalt, It's season 2 now so less monster of week episodes please!!)
Ask and Ye shall get

OK, we do get monster of the week - but in a two for one type deal - I know I was half asleep this morning when I watched it but even though they sign posted it with the 'mom is a prize winning geneticist' - I didn't twig lol. I thought Mum had a boyfriend or it was the lad we don't see much of. Feel a bit daft now as it was obvious

But the Captain & Julliette is moving on a pace - liking Monroe being involved now. How long before he twigs it is the captain & mentions it to Nick?

And then we get Adelind & Eric!! So two for one on the 'arcs' as well!!

So Captain Renard is half Hexenbeast!
Old 20-10-2012, 21:14
Corwin
Forum Member

So Captain Renard is half Hexenbeast!
That was revealed last season.

Thought Pierce was the killer early on but then thought that they would not do "Parent covers up their child killing people" two weeks running.
Corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 23:32
StressMonkey
Forum Member

That was revealed last season.

Thought Pierce was the killer early on but then thought that they would not do "Parent covers up their child killing people" two weeks running.
Ooops = I missed that lol
Old 22-10-2012, 06:49
jette52
Forum Member

what episode was that revealed in because i missed it too.
jette52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 14:17
Corwin
Forum Member

what episode was that revealed in because i missed it too.
I made a mistake it was actually Episode 2 of this season.

You see him transform into a Semi Hexenbeast before he drinks the Purification Potion.

For some reason I was remembering Juliet waking up as being the final scene of last season
Corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 14:21
StressMonkey
Forum Member

I made a mistake it was actually Episode 2 of this season.

You see him transform into a Semi Hexenbeast before he drinks the Purification Potion.

For some reason I was remembering Juliet waking up as being the final scene of last season
Ahhh - Yeah, I wasn't sure at that point he was hexenbeast - they weren't explicit and while he did look a bit hexenbeastie, it could have been something new.

But I see what you are saying and in hindsight, I should have perhaps made that connection.