Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

***Grimm Season 2 (US-Pace) - 13th August***

Old 21-11-2012, 08:30
jette52
Forum Member

Fuchs is German for fox.

All the German in this series makes me giggle though. It's so obvious and sometimes even a bit childish... the American accent doesn't help matters.

For example: Wesen (and not 'vessen' like it's pronounced in the series) means 'creature' or 'being'. So all of those supernatural / fairytale creatures are 'Wesen'.

Monroe is a Blutbad, which translates as blood bath. And the poor thing hasn't caused a blood bath in aaaaages...

Hundjäger translates as hound hunter. That would be someone who hunts hounds, rather than the hound that accompanies a hunter during his work.
well since this is not real in the first place, i am just enjoying the show.
jette52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-11-2012, 15:15
MikeAP001
Forum Member

I was alluding to the fox Re(y)nard folklore tales. That made me think he was a fuchsbau. (translates as foxhole) But he is indeed a hexenbiest.
Oh, I get it. The fox tales (The Tales of the Fox)! I remember being read those some were written by Joseph Jacobs. Some of those stories are online:

http://www.surlalunefairytales.com/a...nardbruin.html

And, I completely missed that the Fox and Bear where at one time friends. I always thought they were enemies because the Fox couldn't be trusted leaving his partner to get the worst of things.
MikeAP001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 13:06
Dan Fortesque
Forum Member

Still enjoying the series but have found it a bit odd that the house they live in appears to have only one bedroom, as it seems quite big.
Dan Fortesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 22:50
Sharon87
Forum Member

Still enjoying the series but have found it a bit odd that the house they live in appears to have only one bedroom, as it seems quite big.
Maybe they don't have a spare bed? Maybe they have a spare room, just not a bed?
Sharon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 09:17
Dan Fortesque
Forum Member

Maybe they don't have a spare bed? Maybe they have a spare room, just not a bed?
You don't think they would have bought a spare bed by now?
Old 06-12-2012, 03:00
Sharon87
Forum Member

So only 3 more MONTHS till we get new Grimm!!! So 4 months in total almost.

http://www.returndates.com/news.php?id=636

8th March 2013 Grimm returns

I thought it'd be back in January time, but nope. They're showing a new show in it's slot (can't remember what though) but that will mean no short breaks in between episodes, will be a solid run until May.

We have had a generous amount of episodes this side of Christmas, so it's not all bad. Just going to be a long wait At least I have Supernatural to keep me going, the CW wont wait that long to air it again, the most it's waited is 2 months.
Old 14-02-2013, 00:09
Sharon87
Forum Member

So just over 3 weeks away, I'm getting excited about it returning now.

And for anyone who hasn't seen the trailer broadcast at the end of the episode before Christmas here it is, well it's multiple trailers in one video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6JfFPQYWKc
Old 08-03-2013, 09:17
Dan Fortesque
Forum Member

Finally back on tonight. No wonder they lose viewers over there with such long breaks. I've forgot what happened in the last episode now.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:14
Sharon87
Forum Member

Finally back on tonight. No wonder they lose viewers over there with such long breaks. I've forgot what happened in the last episode now.
I did a rewatch of the last few episodes, remember nick finds out about the captain kissing Juliet and nick is staying at monroes house now
Old 08-03-2013, 15:12
Schmiznurf
Forum Member

I wonder how many viewers it will lose with the break it had, and if it will keep enough for a third season.
Schmiznurf is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 15:14
Sharon87
Forum Member

I hope so, I've been really enjoying it! The story's just starting and getting interesting. Be a shame to cancel it after 2 seasons.
Old 08-03-2013, 17:05
StressMonkey
Forum Member

I did a rewatch of the last few episodes, remember nick finds out about the captain kissing Juliet and nick is staying at monroes house now
I'd forgotten that!!

Spoiler
StressMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 17:57
Dan Fortesque
Forum Member

Thanks, it's coming back to me now. Still a good idea to go and watch it again before I watch the new episode.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:39
StressMonkey
Forum Member

Great episode to open the second half of the season. SWM steals is somewhat But a really great episode
Old 11-03-2013, 20:38
OlracUK
Forum Member

Great episode to open the second half of the season. SWM steals is somewhat But a really great episode
Nah! SWM steals it every time!

A throw away line seemed to set up the rest of this season though - the Captain talking about "the resistance" inferring he'son their side. And Nick stating he'd been "played", more like "groomed" to be sympathetic to the resistance against the Royals.

So expect some double -team butt kicking from Nick and the Captain vs the Royals and their baddy Wesen.
OlracUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 20:50
Rosie Red
Forum Member

On what channel??

I missed it - didn't even see it advertised.
Rosie Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 21:02
StressMonkey
Forum Member

On what channel??

I missed it - didn't even see it advertised.
NBC.

Are you after the UK paced thread? It's on Watch in the UK but its about 3 or 4 episodes behind
Old 11-03-2013, 21:13
Rosie Red
Forum Member

NBC.

Are you after the UK paced thread? It's on Watch in the UK but its about 3 or 4 episodes behind
Ah, thank you!

That's a relief.
Rosie Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 23:33
Sharon87
Forum Member

Anyone seen this week's episode?

I thought it was interesting. I wonder what's up with Juliet. That voice at the end, anyone else think it's?

Spoiler

Good to see Hank. Nick and the Captain all being on the same page in regard to vessen now
Old 16-03-2013, 23:59
StressMonkey
Forum Member

Anyone seen this week's episode?

I thought it was interesting. I wonder what's up with Juliet. That voice at the end, anyone else think it's?

Spoiler

Good to see Hank. Nick and the Captain all being on the same page in regard to vessen now
Yeah I did and I did enjoy it! Just been a busy day!

I agree - the chasm is representative of Juliet's memory lapse. Not sure how much she'll end up remembering though!

And what a busy episode - I thought it would be a 'slow' episode wrapping up the whole Julliette/Nick/Sean thing, but nope. We get a new strand - the Wessen Council - along with more moral choices for Nick (still with perfect hair ) I like my Sci-fi/Fantasy to have it's own mythology and good story arcs but this is getting complicated now lol - more than my Saturday morning addled brain can cope with

To think, I almost gave up with Grimm during the first season and only stuck with it because of SMW. Sooooo glad I stuck with it as it is shaping up to be a fairly intelligent bit of TV.
Old 17-03-2013, 09:34
TWS
Forum Member

To think, I almost gave up with Grimm during the first season and only stuck with it because of SMW. Sooooo glad I stuck with it as it is shaping up to be a fairly intelligent bit of TV.
I know me too and now i watch it first out of my other shows the show that is last for me now is Greys Anatomy and that used to be my fave but just cant face it
TWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 09:56
Dan Fortesque
Forum Member

I've really enjoyed the last couple of episodes too, and I'm glad they're not going to drag out the Juliette and Renard attraction storyline, as it was falling a bit flat.
Old 19-03-2013, 07:59
little-monster
Forum Member

I agree, that storyline hasn't been a fav of mine this season. Next week's episode looks great. A nice stand alone one, it looks like.

I almost gave up during season 1 as well, to the point i skipped so many episodes and went to the finale, but season 2 has really grabbed me.
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 10:25
StressMonkey
Forum Member

Not the most enthralling episode but still gorily watchable. Not sure the super hearing is such a blessing - could be a b'stard when trying to sleep! It did feel a bit filler/MOTW.

Next week looks good though
Old 23-03-2013, 10:29
little-monster
Forum Member

It's nice to have a filler episode. The storyline/mythology based episodes can be a bit much, and Grimm has too many
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote