Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Is Tom Daley Gay

Closed Thread
Old 25-06-2012, 19:03
soundstory
Forum Member

thats a bit much!!
No different to the News of the World/The Sun (amongst others) counting down the days until Charlotte Church became legal, is it?
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-06-2012, 19:28
len112
Forum Member

No different to the News of the World/The Sun (amongst others) counting down the days until Charlotte Church became legal, is it?
Not the same as hinting that she's a Lesbian though , is it ?
Old 25-06-2012, 19:37
gold2040
Forum Member

wow at thread

just... wow
Old 25-06-2012, 19:47
Aneechik
Forum Member

On one gay website people had count down counters until he turned 18!!
If you're talking about fmf, they started the picture posting and leching when he turned 16, not 18.

And of course he's gay.
Old 25-06-2012, 19:53
Moggio
Forum Member

Nothing remotely gay about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bws52wtv6Ts
Old 25-06-2012, 19:54
ChristmasCake
Forum Member

At the risk of stirring up the hornet's nest, I kind of see BomoLad's point..

Everyone completely ignored the speculation about Tom having a girlfriend, and jumped on Bomo...now maybe part of that was the way that Bomo can be a little..well..blunt, but actually, perhaps he has a bit of a point?

If a thread was started asking if he was heterosexual, I doubt there'd be the same strength behind the who cares answers..
Old 25-06-2012, 19:58
HenryBane
Inactive Member

If you're talking about fmf, they started the picture posting and leching when he turned 16, not 18.

And of course he's gay.
I hope he reads this and sues you.
Old 25-06-2012, 20:00
Moggio
Forum Member

He's a self-hating gay?
Old 25-06-2012, 20:02
Aneechik
Forum Member

That isn't how lawsuits work.
Old 25-06-2012, 20:03
ChristmasCake
Forum Member

Being a well-mannered, caring and effeminate young man does not mean you're gay, it's perfectly clear that you can be heterosexual and be those things too.
Old 25-06-2012, 20:05
Aneechik
Forum Member

Being a well-mannered, caring and effeminate young man does not mean you're gay, it's perfectly clear that you can be heterosexual and be those things too.
How do you know he's caring and well-mannered
Old 25-06-2012, 20:06
ChristmasCake
Forum Member

How do you know he's caring and well-mannered
From speaking to him, how else?
Old 25-06-2012, 20:06
moosepaw56
Inactive Member

Why 18? The legal age of consent is 16 for all sexualities.
Sorry, at typo on my part!!

I meant to say 16.

It was on Fitlads Forum, shortly before he turned 16 people were saying they couldn't wait for him to be legal and he could be talked about openly without it being wrong....

Count down counters, the lot
Old 25-06-2012, 20:15
douknowotimean?
Forum Member

Tom Daley gay? Probably. Think he may not know it himself yet.
Old 25-06-2012, 20:16
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Oh like you know straight men are gay after six pints I suppose. It doesn't really do anything for acceptance when you accuse straight people of hiding their homosexuality.
I beg your pardon.

Just where have I accused anyone of 'hiding their sexuality'???? I've done nothing of the sort- even though I believe people have the right to do so if they so wish. I am hoping that you were replying to the wrong poster, here, because I was actually agreeing with you- by saying that I know some camp men (re: your mention of Duncan Norvelle) who may come across as 'camp' but are not gay. I am certainly not the 'type' that reckons I know someone's sexuality after six pints. As I said before, I simply don't give a damn. In fact, I believe that sexuality can be far more complex than 'gay' or 'straight'. We don't all fit into neat little boxes.
Old 25-06-2012, 20:28
HenryBane
Inactive Member

I beg your pardon.

Just where have I accused anyone of 'hiding their sexuality'???? I've done nothing of the sort- even though I believe people have the right to do so if they so wish. I am hoping that you were replying to the wrong poster, here, because I was actually agreeing with you- by saying that I know some camp men (re: your mention of Duncan Norvelle) who may come across as 'camp' but are not gay. I am certainly not the 'type' that reckons I know someone's sexuality after six pints. As I said before, I simply don't give a damn. In fact, I believe that sexuality can be far more complex than 'gay' or 'straight'. We don't all fit into neat little boxes.
You gave a wink, as to insinuate something:

Absolutely. I know a few myself.
That to me is saying you know them intimately, therefore lying about being camp straight men.

If not, perhaps you'd like to review how you use the smiles on here.
Old 25-06-2012, 20:31
Lewnaticc
Forum Member

Is Tom Daley gay? I think so every time I see him in interviews. He's got the qualities.
Does it merit a discussion? No. Would we discuss Steven Gerrard's heterosexuality? It really doesn't matter.
Old 25-06-2012, 20:33
jacqui_B
Forum Member

didnt know they did that. dont agree with that either
Old 25-06-2012, 20:56
dorydaryl
Forum Member

You gave a wink, as to insinuate something:

That to me is saying you know them intimately, therefore lying about being camp straight men.

If not, perhaps you'd like to review how you use the smiles on here.
What absolute tosh and totally off the mark.

The wink was actually intended as an ironic statement which clearly went beyond you in your eagerness to nitpick.

Perhaps you'd like to review how you interpret other people's posts and jump in with your own inaccurate inferences. You made something quite different out of what I actually said- the rest of which you chose to ignore. I mix with people from all walks and know some camp men who are gay and some who are not and that really is all.

I'll say it one more time. I don't actually give a damn whether Tom Daley is straight or gay. He seems like a well grounded, inspirational, talented young man. I hope he does himself and his late dad proud at the Olympics and will enjoy watching him perform.

Can't say I can recall any previous criticism of my use of smilies after 7 years on DS, either, so don't really think a review is necessary right now but thanks all the same.
Old 25-06-2012, 20:59
HenryBane
Inactive Member

What absolute tosh and totally off the mark.

The wink was actually intended as an ironic statement which clearly went beyond you in your eagerness to nitpick.

Perhaps you'd like to review how you interpret other people's posts and jump in with your own inaccurate inferences. You made something quite different out of what I actually said- the rest of which you chose to ignore. I mix with people from all walks and know some camp men who are gay and some who are not and that really is all.

I'll say it one more time. I don't actually give a damn whether Tom Daley is straight or gay. He seems like a well grounded, inspirational, talented young man. I hope he does himself and his late dad proud at the Olympics and will enjoy watching him perform.

Can't say I can recall any previous criticism of my use of smilies after 7 years on DS, either, so don't really think a review is necessary right now but thanks all the same.
Congratulations on digging yourself out of a hole.
Old 25-06-2012, 21:02
ChristmasCake
Forum Member

Dude, I think you totally read something into DoryDaryl's post that wasn't there.

At least, I didn't read it the way you did..
Old 25-06-2012, 21:02
Mcdigestive
Inactive Member

Who knows, who cares?
Old 25-06-2012, 21:06
dorydaryl
Forum Member

No digging, just a genuine explanation/ clarification. There really is no hidden agenda or track-covering going on. If you believe otherwise, then nowt I say is going to change it.
Old 26-06-2012, 09:28
wallster
Forum Member

Tom Daley gay? Probably. Think he may not know it himself yet.
I think he probably does by now.
Old 26-06-2012, 09:44
chris1978
Forum Member

He's stunningly cute and fit, bit too young for me but that six pack ...... Phwooar!!. Seriously though, I don't really see what difference it makes if he is gay or straight. The main thing is that he is good at what he does! Anyone who can jump off a diving board impresses me, I can't even jump in from the side!! Lol.

Closed Thread