Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Radio Football Commentators and Reporters 2012/13

Old 14-02-2013, 23:57
The Difference
Forum Member

I think it's pretty obvious that TalkSport are prioritising the games which aren't on ITV, and there are obvious reasons for doing so, rather than the radio rights for home games being particularly more expensive than away games.
Well, during this season's group phase, talkSPORT provided live commentaries on Real Madrid v Manchester City (Matchday 1), CFR Cluj v Manchester United (Matchday 2) and Olympiakos v Arsenal (Matchday 6), all three of which were televised live on ITV1. On the three other Tuesdays staging group games in 2012, on two occasions ITV opted to screen games involving the English teams playing at home - Manchester United v SC Braga (Matchday 3) and Manchester City v Ajax (Matchday 4) - while talkSPORT stuck to their usual policy of covering games taking place on the continent, Shakhtar Donetsk v Chelsea and Schalke 04 v Arsenal respectively. The only game involving an English side away from home during this season's group stage that ITV selected and talkSPORT didn't was Juventus v Chelsea on Matchday 5, on that evening talkSPORT went for Benfica v Celtic instead.

During both the previous and the current season, talkSPORT have quite clearly been operating a policy of covering away games for the British clubs in the Champions League whenever possible, for whatever reason that may be (I'm not speculating as to why this is, just pointing out an obvious trend I have noticed). Of the 13 Champions League games the station will have covered this season by the end of the Round of 16, only two of these matches have been played in the UK (Chelsea's games v Juventus on the Wednesday of Matchday 1 and v FC Nordsjaelland on the Wednesday of Matchday 6). On both of those occasions, all three of the British teams in action that night were playing at home. On the two evenings during the group stage when they did not do a commentary game (the Wednesdays of Matchdays 2 and 5), both Arsenal and Manchester City were playing at home.

Last season, talkSPORT broadcast 18 live Champions League commentaries - every single one of those games was played outside of the UK. I don't have the statistics to hand to tell you how many of those 18 fixtures were also live on ITV, but I seem to remember that at least a reasonable proportion of these games were.

Yes, clearly there are very obvious reasons why talkSPORT would get a bigger audience for a live Champions League commentary on a Wednesday night than they would on a Tuesday night, and that Tuesday games that are exclusive to Sky Sports would almost certainly gain them more listeners than those that are live on ITV would, but as you can see from the statistics I have provided, offering commentaries on games that are not live on free-to-air television through ITV has not been UTV's main determining factor when it comes to buying rights for talkSPORT - if this was the case, they surely wouldn't have covered half of the group games ITV televised this season.

As I posted on here on the day the Round of 16 draw was made and the fixture list was drawn up, I just think it's a happy coincidence for talkSPORT that the three away legs involving the three remaining British teams are taking place on Wednesdays and so are on Sky Sports rather than on Tuesdays and ITV. Undoubtedly, this will have been what UTV management will have been hoping for in order to maximise their listening audience for the three games they were always likely to pick up commentary rights to. But had the draw worked out differently, would talkSPORT have altered their usual selection policy? I guess we'll never know, but going by their choices over the past 18 months I doubt it.
The Difference is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-02-2013, 18:58
The Difference
Forum Member

Sorry it has taken me a while to post Irish station Newstalk's coverage details from the weekend, I've just grabbed them before they disappear from the Newstalk Listen Back Player...

Saturday 9th February - Newstalk 106-108FM

Ger Gilroy presented Newstalk Sport Saturday alongside Joe Molloy

Premier League (as IRN)
Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United - Nigel Bidmead
Chelsea v Wigan Athletic - Andrew Cheal
Norwich City v Fulham - Guy Swindells
Stoke City v Reading - Clive Edwards
Sunderland v Arsenal - Al Ross
Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers - Sam Fleet

Sunday 10th February - Newstalk 106-108FM

Ger Gilroy presented Newstalk Sport Sunday alongside Joe Molloy

Premier League
Aston Villa v West Ham United - Ken Early and Gary Breen (1.30pm commentary)
Manchester United v Everton - Dave McIntyre and Kenny Cunningham (4pm commentary)

Rugby Union: Six Nations
Ireland v England - Reggie Corrigan
Old 15-02-2013, 20:02
Mark.
Forum Member

BBC Radio Scotland, 15/2/13

Richard Gordon presenting Sportsound online, and on 810MW from around 9.15pm.

Aberdeen v Dundee (7.45pm) - Scott Davie, Willie Miller and Billy Dodds (commentary) with Jim Spence pitchside
Mark. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 08:38
ctrl:alt:delete
Forum Member

Saturday 16 February

BBC Radio Cumbria Sport 2.00-6.00pm Presented by Paul Newton (studio)

Portsmouth v Carlisle United James Phillips and Chris Lumsdon (commentary)
Barrow v Nuneaton Andy Wood and John Goodwin (commentary)
Workington Reds v Altrincham John Walsh
Kendal Town v Worksop Garry Woodworth
Lymm v Kendal RU James Clarke
Dalton ARL v Leigh East John Cox
ctrl:alt:delete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 13:43
connor the judg
Forum Member

Saturday 16th February 2013

BBC WM 95.6

Championship
Mark Regan and Paul Franks: Derby v Wolves (Live on 95.6 FM with Paul Franks the Presenter)
Rob Gurney: Blues v Watford (just updates today but Jimmy Walker the former Walsall goalkeeper was there and joined Rob,Rego and Franksy in Daz Hale's show at about 13:30)

League One
Andrew Dawkins: Walsall v Notts County (Richie Anderson is outside the ground with the fans)

British grand prix
Live Athletics from the national indoor arena with Commentary from Mike Taylor and Birmingham Double Olympian Kate Dennison and Tom Marlow is trackside with interviews from the people involved
connor the judg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 14:28
The Difference
Forum Member

BBC WM 95.6

Championship
Mark Regan and Paul Franks: Derby v Wolves (Live on 95.6 FM with Paul Franks the Presenter)
Rob Gurney: Blues v Watford (just updates today but Jimmy Walker the former Walsall goalkeeper was there and joined Rob,Rego and Franksy in Daz Hale's show at about 13:30)

League One
Andrew Dawkins: Walsall v Notts County (Richie Anderson is outside the ground with the fans)

British grand prix
Live Athletics from the national indoor arena with Commentary from Mike Taylor and Birmingham Double Olympian Kate Dennison and Tom Marlow is trackside with interviews from the people involved
Going by Twitter, Jimmy Walker will be doing punditry with Rob Gurney throughout WM Sport as well. Jimmy announced his retirement from playing last week, having spent 13 and a half seasons at Walsall over two different spells with the club, and I would not be surprised if he is looking to get into the media on a regular basis after doing bits for West Ham United's programme and website during his time at Upton Park. He is one of Midlands football's real characters as well as one of the best players to have turned out for the Saddlers down the years so I wish him all the best and hope we get to hear plenty of him on WM.

WM's coverage of the British Grand Prix athletics from the Alexander Stadium has been broadcast live on the station's DAB and online platforms from 1.30pm today, hence why the Birmingham game isn't on DAB in Birmingham. Wacka isn't the only new member of the WM Sport team this afternoon, it's a debut too for Kate Dennison.
Old 16-02-2013, 14:41
Grahamjoanne
Forum Member

BBC Radio Manchester presented by Jimmy Wagg from Bury

Nottingham Forest v Bolton Wanderers - Jack Dearden and Phil Brown - 3.0 commentary

Bury v Coventry City - Phil Kinsella - reports

Rochdale v Torquay United - John Gilder - reports

Oldham Athletic v Everton - Ian Cheeseman and Andy Ritchie - 6.0 commentary
Grahamjoanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 15:03
The Difference
Forum Member

Saturday 16th February - talkSPORT

Adrian Durham presenting Matchday Live from Stadium:MK, followed by Georgie Bingham presenting FA Cup Exclusive and Call Collymore from Boundary Park

FA Cup Fifth Round
Luton Town v Millwall - Sam Matterface and Ray Houghton (12.45pm commentary), with George Cummins producing
Arsenal v Blackburn Rovers - Nigel Pearson and Ray Parlour (3pm commentary), with Ian Abrahams at pitchside
Milton Keynes Dons v Barnsley - Dave Rowe and Adrian Durham
Oldham Athletic v Everton - Nigel Adderley and Stan Collymore (6pm commentary), with Simon Humphreys at pitchside and Carl Ralley producing

Championship
Cardiff City v Bristol City - Roger Hughes
Birmingham City v Watford - Kev Lawrence
Crystal Palace v Middlesbrough - Elliot Cook
Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Tony Incenzo
Hull City v Charlton Athletic - Graham Courtney

Going by the talkSPORT.co.uk schedule, Adrian Durham (welcome back) is presenting Matchday Live until the later time of 5.30pm before Georgie Bingham takes over to present coverage of the later-than-usual evening kick-off of Oldham v Everton (at least that's what Sam said in commentary earlier, although she is at Ipswich today so if he's correct I'm not sure how that's going to work). Due to the later kick-off, Call Collymore will be truncated to just an hour long phone-in, with Ian Danter's return to Football First beginning at that show's usual time of 9pm. There was no pitchside reporter at the early game from Kenilworth Road.

talkSPORT Live are only doing four commentaries this week, Oldham v Everton this evening, Manchester City v Leeds United and Liverpool v Swansea City tomorrow and Manchester United v Reading on Monday.
Old 16-02-2013, 15:09
Ian Cleverly
Forum Member

BBC Radio Wales

Simon Davies (studio host)

Cardiff City (1899-2012 RIP) V Bristol City (1300GMT KO) - Ian Hunt and Kevin Ratcliffe (SE FM / SW FM)
Wrexham V Gainsborough Trinity (FA Trophy Semi Final 1st leg) (1245GMT KO) - James Pontin and Mickey Thomas (North FM / Online)
Woking V Newport County - Mark Poyser and Jason Perry (SE FM / Online)
Bargoed V Bridgend (SWALEC Cup RU 2nd round) - Phil Steele
Cardiff V Ebbw Vale (SWALEC Cup RU 2nd round) - Alun Jenkins
Welsh Open Snooker Semi finals, Newport - John Ifans

BBC Radio Cymru

Eleri Sin (studio host)

Cardiff City (1899-2012 RIP) V Bristol City (1300GMT KO) - John Hardy and Osian Roberts (commentary)
Wrexham V Gainsborough Trinity (FA Trophy Semi Final 1st leg) (1245GMT KO) - Marc Lloyd Williams
Woking V Newport County - Gareth Blainey (turned 50 on Wednesday) and Iwan Roberts (commentary - via phone)
Newtown V Llanelli - Alun Williams
Cardiff V Ebbw Vale (SWALEC Cup RU 2nd round) - Alun Jenkins
Neath V Cross Keys (SWALEC Cup RU 2nd round) - Ion Thomas
Welsh Open Snooker Semi finals, Newport - John Ifans

BBC Bristol / Somerset

Geoff Twentyman (studio host)

Cardiff City (1899-2012 RIP) V Bristol City (1300GMT KO) - Ed Hadwin and Adam Baker (94.9FM / 95.5FM / 1548MW / 1566MW / DAB)
Yeovil Town V Scunthorpe United - Brendon Mitchell and Chris Spittles (95.5FM)
Bristol Rovers V Wycombe Wanderers - Richard Hoskin and Keith Brookman (94.9FM / 95.5FM / 1548MW / 1566MW / DAB)
Clevedown Town V Taunton Town - Mike Kay
Bath V London Irish (Aviva Premiership RU) - Andrew Sheridan and Sam Vesty (104.6FM / Online)

BBC 5LSX

Milton Keynes Dons V Barnsley (FA Cup 5th round) - Alistair Bruce-Ball (calling the cup the 'greatest domestic cup in the World') and Steve 'If you don't like the cup, you don't like football' Claridge
Ian Cleverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 15:17
Shrewn
Forum Member

BBC WM 95.6

Championship

League One

British grand prix
I've always been impressed with the coverage WM gives the GP, it's a great meeting (I've been a couple of times), I am glad they still give it good billing post DQF
Shrewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 15:44
jimmylad
Forum Member

BBC Newcastle - Saturday 16th February 2012

North East Sport presented by Dave Andrew

95.4FM, 1458MW, DAB, and online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_newcastle

Forest Green Rovers v Gateshead - Matthew Raisbeck and Paul Dixon (15.00 commentary)
jimmylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 18:31
wns_195
Forum Member

BBC Radio Leeds FM*, and official Bradford City Website
host: Gareth Jones
commentator: Dave Fletcher
summariser: Mike Harrison

The Pulse
host and commentator: Tim Thornton
summariser: Ian Ormondroyd

*the rugby union was on DAB and online, and the rugby league was on AM and online. DAB joined AM when the rugby union finished. Reaction to the Huddersfield Giants and Leeds Carnegie matches was on FM.
wns_195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 18:59
IanFergus
Forum Member

BBC London
Luton v Millwall Nick Godwin and Clive Walker (DAB commentary)
Arsenal v Blackburn Emma Jones
Birmingham v Watford Mark Taylor
Crystal Palace v Middlesbrough Alan Seabrook
Hull v Charlton Phil Parry (also host) and Bradley Allen (commentary)
Hartlepool v Leyton Orient Dave Victor
AFC Wimbledon v Bradford Ibrahim Mustafa
Gillingham v Dagenham and Redbridge Jamie Hill
York v Barnet Karl Bates
R/U: Harlequins v Leicester Sara Orchard and John Dawson (commentary)

BBC Radio Five Live
Host Mark Pougatch at Luton
Luton v Millwall Mike Ingham and David Pleat (commentary)
Arsenal v Blackburn John Murray and Martin Keown (commentary)
MK Dons v Barnsley John Southall (with Alistair Bruce-Ball and Steve Claridge commentating on Sports Extra)
Oldham v Everton Ian Dennis and Pat Nevin (commentary)
Celtic v Dundee United Roddy Forsyth
Birmingham v Watford Ian Brown
Cardiff v Bristol City Andy Gillies
Crystal Palace v Middlesbrough Mike Sewell
Hull v Charlton Alistair Yeomans
Nottm Forest v Bolton Pat Murphy
Derby v Wolves Dave Woods
Sheff Utd v Colchester ?
Preston v Bournemouth Steve Wyeth
AFC Wimbledon v Bradford Steve May
Port Vale v Morecambe Naz Premji
IanFergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 20:22
bwfcol
Forum Member

Adam Pope was on 5Live so I think he was at Sheff Utd
bwfcol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 22:27
bwfcol
Forum Member

David Oates funeral was held on Thursday with over 500 people turning up include Sir Alex.

A charity page (Just Giving) has been setup in his honour, I hope no one minds me posting it:

https://t.co/rRlHKNTS

After today's game, Arsene Wenger sought out Oates' widow to give a donation, great gesture.
bwfcol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 01:33
The Difference
Forum Member

Saturday 16th February - talkSPORT

Adrian Durham presenting Matchday Live from Stadium:MK, followed by Georgie Bingham presenting FA Cup Exclusive and Call Collymore from Boundary Park.
Georgie Bingham didn't present talkSPORT's Oldham Athletic v Everton coverage after all, instead Adrian Durham stuck around at Stadium:MK for the near hour between the end of the 3pm kick-offs and the 6pm late game. It was then just a case of commentator Nigel Adderley doing the links at half-time and that bit at full-time before Call Collymore.

I should mention that although there was still 10 of the 12 minutes of stoppage time remaining in the MK Dons v Barnsley game when Arsenal v Blackburn ended, talkSPORT didn't then cross over for commentary at Stadium:MK but instead chose to do the usual Around the Grounds thing of taking full-time reports from elsewhere before Dave Rowe did his final update from Milton Keynes.

As to how talkSPORT filled the 5-6pm hour, not only did they preview the late game (both with Nigel and Stan talking about it and with pitchside man Simon Humphreys talking to fans outside the ground), but Adrian had interviews with Barnsley manager David Flitcroft and (over the phone) Blackburn manager Michael Appleton while Ian Abrahams interviewed Blackburn's Scott Dann. Adrian and Ray Parlour also took a few calls from disgruntled Arsenal fans and Ade had a chat with Alvin Martin, who was at the ground not in a working capacity but to watch his son, MK Dons keeper David Martin. For those of you who have noticed that Alvin is not co-commentating this weekend and are wondering why this is, I presume this is because he is presenting the Weekend Sports Breakfast with Mark Saggers as cover for usual co-host Micky Quinn, who is on holiday. It's a shame they didn't give Alvin Monday night's match to make up for this, but then Monday night's Kick Off is Stan Collymore's usual gig.
Old 17-02-2013, 12:33
The Difference
Forum Member

Saturday 16th February - Free Radio 80s

Tom Ross presented The Goalzone from St Andrew's

Championship
Birmingham City v Watford - Tom Ross and Kevan Broadhurst (3pm commentary in Birmingham)
Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Steve Hermon and Matt Murray (3pm commentary in the Black Country and Shropshire)

League One
Bury v Coventry City - Chris Coles and Dave Bennett (3pm commentary in Coventry & Warwickshire)

Newstalk 106-108FM

Ger Gilroy presented Newstalk Sport Saturday alongside Joe Molloy

FA Cup Fifth Round (as IRN)
Luton Town v Millwall - Laurence Mora
Arsenal v Blackburn Rovers - Lee Stott

GAA Football: All-Ireland Senior Football Championships Semi-Finals
Crossmaglen Rangers v St Brigid's - Oisin Langan
Dr. Crokes v Ballymun Kickhams - Dave McIntyre

Newstalk didn't take updates the MK Dons v Barnsley game as far as I heard. I'm guessing IRN didn't send a reporter to Stadium:MK as I feel it is unlikely that Newstalk wouldn't have taken updates from a 3pm game they had access too. Oldham v Everton kicked off after Newstalk Sport Saturday went off-air.

I believe talkSPORT Live carried the talkSPORT UK commentary with Nigel Adderley and Stan Collymore on Oldham Athletic v Everton last night. Kevin Hatchard has tweeted to say he'll be commentating on Liverpool v Swansea City for them later today so it'll be interesting to see how they handle Manchester City v Leeds United.
Old 17-02-2013, 12:43
The Difference
Forum Member

Sunday 17th February - talkSPORT

Georgie Bingham presenting Sunday Exclusive

FA Cup Fourth Round Replay
Chelsea v Brentford - John Roder and Matt Holland (12noon commentary), with Mike Bovill at pitchside

FA Cup Fifth Round
Manchester City v Leeds United - Nigel Pearson and Ray Parlour (2pm commentary), with Dom McGuinness at pitchside and James Dodd producing
Huddersfield Town v Wigan Athletic - Ian Danter and Stan Collymore (3.55pm commentary), with John Temple at pitchside and Carl Ralley producing

Premier League
Liverpool v Swansea City - Graham Beecroft

FA Cup Sixth Round Draw
Wembley Stadium - Mark Pougatch presenting with Graham Taylor and Simon Davey drawing the teams

Earlier today:

Cricket: First One-Day International
New Zealand v England - Jack Bannister

Boxing: WBC World Lightweight Championship
Adrien Broner v Gavin Rees - Sohail Sahi

We heard Sam Matterface interviewing Uwe Rosler and a few of the Brentford players in the week during talkSPORT's build-up from 11.30am, but rather than being on radio duty today he's commentating on their match for ITV.
Old 17-02-2013, 14:19
Ian Cleverly
Forum Member

Liverpool V Jackland

BBC Radio Wales - ?
BBC Radio Cymru - John Hardy and Meilir Owen (SW Wales commentary)
Swansea Sound - Antony O'Connell (commentary) (his son is the mascot for today)
Ian Cleverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 18:49
Grahamjoanne
Forum Member

BBC Radio Manchester - Sunday

Manchester City v Leeds United - Ian Cheeseman and Nigel Glelhorn - 2.0 commentary
Huddersfield Town v Wigan Athletic - Paul Rowley - reports

Monday

Manchester United v Reading - Bill Rice and Arthur Albiston - commentary
Grahamjoanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 19:10
IanFergus
Forum Member

BBC London
Host Nick Godwin
Chelsea v Brentford Emma Jones and Billy Reeves ( I assume DAB commentary)
R/U: Wasps v Gloucester Nigel Bardon
R/U: London Welsh v Sale Andy Rowley and Martin Purdey (commentary)
R/L: London v Wakefield Jamie Hill

BBC Radio Five Live
Host Ian Payne
Chelsea v Brentford Conor McNamara and Mark Bright (commentary)
Man City v Leeds Alan Green and Danny Mills (commentary)
Huddersfield v Wigan Darren Fletcher and Robbie Savage (commentary)
Liverpool v Swansea Ian Brown
R/U: Wasps v Gloucester Ian Robertson
R/U: London Welsh v Sale Chris Jones
R/L: HKR v Widnes Dave Woods
IanFergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 21:36
The Difference
Forum Member

Sunday 17th February - talkSPORT Live

Tom Rennie presented from 11.30am

FA Cup Fourth Round Replay/Fifth Round
As talkSPORT UK

Premier League
Liverpool v Swansea City - Kevin Hatchard

talkSPORT Live took all three of today's FA Cup commentaries after all, all of which were taken directly from the main station, with Tom linking between each half barring of course the gap between the games at Manchester City and Hudderfield, which barely lasted a minute. At the end of the first half at Huddersfield, Tom handed straight over to commentary on stoppage time in Liverpool v Swansea City - this game went out in full on talkSPORT.com and talkSPORT Live 2 on TuneIn for listeners outside the EEC. I assume Tom, as talkSPORT Live's English language editor, also hosted their coverage of the late game yesterday. I'm not sure if they carried the Sixth Round Draw.

Newstalk 106-108FM

Ger Gilroy presented Newstalk Sport Sunday alongside Joe Molloy

Premier League
Liverpool v Swansea City - Dave McIntyre and Graeme Sharp (3pm commentary)

FA Cup Fourth Round Replay (as IRN)
Brentford v Chelsea - Lee Stott

FA Cup Fifth Round (as IRN)
Manchester City v Leeds United - Peter Smith

I don't think Newstalk carried any reports from Huddersfield Town v Wigan Athletic.
Old 17-02-2013, 23:55
wns_195
Forum Member

BBC Radio Leeds FM and online*
host: Gareth Jones at the City of Manchester Stadium
Manchester City versus Leeds United
commentator: Adam Pope
summariser: Simon Walton
reporter: Katherine Hanah
Huddersfield Town versus Wigan Athletic
commentator: Paul Ogden
summariser: Kieran O'Regan

Yorkshire Radio (DAB), Minster FM and official Leeds United website
host: Michael Weadock
Manchester City versus Leeds United
commentator: Thom Kirwin
summariser: Eddy Gray
reporter: Johnny Buchan

*West Yorkshire Brass and the rugby league were on AM, DAB and online. West Yorkshire Sport finished at 6 PM.
wns_195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 17:33
The Difference
Forum Member

Monday 18th February - talkSPORT

Mark Saggers presenting Kick Off: FA Cup Special from Old Trafford alongside Stan Collymore

FA Cup Fifth Round
Manchester United v Reading - Nigel Adderley and Stan Collymore (8pm commentary), with Dom McGuinness at pitchside and James Dodd producing

Has it been mentioned who talkSPORT's commentary team on the Capital One Cup Final will be yet? It's less than a week away but I haven't heard or seen it announced either on-air or on social media. It will be an interesting appointment given that in previous seasons this fixture has been the biggest of the live finals that Sam Matterface and Stan Collymore haven't covered for the station.
Old 18-02-2013, 19:13
Shrewn
Forum Member

David Oates funeral was held on Thursday with over 500 people turning up include Sir Alex.

A charity page (Just Giving) has been setup in his honour, I hope no one minds me posting it:

https://t.co/rRlHKNTS

After today's game, Arsene Wenger sought out Oates' widow to give a donation, great gesture.
Lovely gesture from Arsene Wenger. I think Sir Alex would have known David from his Radio Manchester days, he was the United reporter when SAF joined the club I believe
Shrewn is offline   Reply With Quote