Options

Dynamo's amazing trick

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And only 11 years after David Copperfield accurately predicted the German national lottery numbers in the exact same sealed envelope trick on live TV.

<yawn>

Not an original thought in his head......
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His best trick to date is getting another season off of Watch ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Dynamo, but that wasn't a great trick. It's not as good as the similar trick he did when he dropped the red tin off at Radio 1 in the first series.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    He repeated too much stuff.
    A 1 hour special would have done.

I'll give the first episode a watch but hope he has something new to show
  • Options
    OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His greatest trick is convincing the rubes that he has ANY tricks of his own. Everything he does is derivative or a direct copy of previous people's work.

If he went on Penn & Tellers Fool Us! I'd absolutely love to watch then decimate his derivative crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Dynamo, but that wasn't a great trick. It's not as good as the similar trick he did when he dropped the red tin off at Radio 1 in the first series.

It's the exact same trick, done exactly the same way.

His idea of originality is to use a Coke bottle where David Blaine uses a beer bottle, or to use the 7 of hearts where Penn and Teller use the 3 of spades
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,907
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=DFI;59258843]It's the exact same trick, done exactly the same way.

His idea of originality is to use a Coke bottle where David Blaine uses a beer bottle, or to use the 7 of hearts where Penn and Teller use the 3 of spades[/QUOTE]

How did he do that Radio 1 newspaper trick?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    How did he do that Radio 1 newspaper trick?

Or you could not be like him and actually do something original. Like find out for yourself.

It's not difficult. He probably learned how to do it from Google, so I'm sure you probably can too :D
  • Options
    Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trick that got me was the blowing of the horn and him appearing in another place metres away within seconds . From that last series. Anyone know how ?
  • Options
    xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,881
    Forum Member
    DFI wrote: »

It's not difficult. He probably learned how to do it from Google, so I'm sure you probably can too :D

OK explain how he walked on the Thames then !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    OK explain how he walked on the Thames then !

You can find that out for yourself too. Another trick copied (from Criss Angel, amongst others).

You probably think he walked across the Thames. But that's not what you saw
  • Options
    OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monster101 wrote: »
    The trick that got me was the blowing of the horn and him appearing in another place metres away within seconds . From that last series. Anyone know how ?

Careful editing and compliant stooges.
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    You can find that out for yourself too. Another trick copied (from Criss Angel, amongst others).

You probably think he walked across the Thames. But that's not what you saw

please explain :)
  • Options
    xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,881
    Forum Member
    Give the guy a break, he s still young ( looks about 22 ! )
    hes got a great skill with cards and hes better looking than Paul Daniels ( though Debbie does nt think so )

Chris Angel is a very chunky guy... big hands... not exactly magicians hands, yet he is very skillful at card manipulation.

David Copperfield... thats more like it, tall slim.. long fingers... he does look like a magician ( hes prob into hypnotism too ! )
    ditto Uri Geller and Derren B .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    Give the guy a break, he s still young ( looks about 22 ! )
    hes got a great skill with cards and hes better looking than Paul Daniels ( though Debbie does nt think so )

Chris Angel is a very chunky guy... big hands... not exactly magicians hands, yet he is very skillful at card manipulation.

David Copperfield... thats more like it, tall slim.. long fingers... he does look like a magician ( hes prob into hypnotism too ! )
    ditto Uri Geller and Derren B .

He's 30 this year. Old enough to be better at what he does than he is
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,144
    Forum Member
    Or you could not be like him and actually do something original. Like find out for yourself.

You have no idea how he did it do you?
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I'll give the first episode a watch.

Seen something like the walking on water trick before - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNzj3VOOBmw - The Thames isn't that deep around the London Bridge so I'd imagine something like this would be plausible.
  • Options
    EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's easy to explain and so simple to do. The Dynamo that appeared seconds later on top of the roof of the building opposite wasn't him, it was a look-a-like. You'll notice the camera never zooms in to much to him to give the game away, it was to intend on focusing on the stooges looking amazed and overacting.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member

Ever seen The Prestige? ;)

Edit: Poster above has answered! :D
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand. How can this "trick" be learned? It's impossible to learn results of matches (same way with lottery numbers). The only way of winning is by guessing or (and I know how naive Herr) the results magically coming to you. Isn't it??
  • Options
    Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    That's easy to explain and so simple to do. The Dynamo that appeared seconds later on top of the roof of the building opposite wasn't him, it was a look-a-like. You'll notice the camera never zooms in to much to him to give the game away, it was to intend on focusing on the stooges looking amazed and overacting.

oh. well thats abit boring. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have no idea how he did it do you?

I've been watching magic for 40 years. I know exactly how he did it, and I know exactly how you could find out how he did it too.

But if you're too lazy to put in the effort to find out for yourself, that's not my problem.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,144
    Forum Member
    I've been watching magic for 40 years. I know exactly how he did it, and I know exactly how you could find out how he did it too.

But if you're too lazy to put in the effort to find out for yourself, that's not my problem.

I'd prefer you to tell us seeing you are some kind of expert.
  • Options
    PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    I'd prefer you to tell us seeing you are some kind of expert.

I know you're not addressing this at me but, to answer you, one word....platforms (along with some strategic placing of where to do the trick).

There's a previous thread where this has been discussed.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1502626&page=2
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Poor man's David Blaine.

Some of his tricks appear good but can be explained. One that really annoyed me with the way people going ooh and aah about it was when he "walked through a pane of glass". Even the first time I saw it, it was blatantly obvious how he did it. If you're really magic Dynamo, do it without going behind a blanket and your stooge's carefully placed body.