Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 13)

Closed Thread
Old 27-10-2012, 19:51
Deeferone
Forum Member

Iím a bit late to this, thereís a fair chance iíve missed bits, Iím scanning cause itís taken an age to read back. Loads of really good posts i totally agree with

Based on the gist i have Iím guessing the reason for him freaking out now is because in the past digs/comments about him were about how shit he was in some way or another, bad boyfriend, bad person etc etc. This time there was a suggestion that he might be trying to get back in touch with her which is totally different, if it were true it would make him look weak or desperate and I would imagine that would make him furious. It seemed a bit unplanned and frantic, wonder how he feels about it now, hopefully he thinks screw it and heís glad he got a little off his chest, admittedly it could have been a bit smoother lol

He may have also been stewing a bit from the Scott/Josie exchange on twitter, he must have had some falling out with him and as they were friends for something like 10 or so years that must have stung a bit

I understand where people are coming from with the comments about feeling John should say thanks, speak to people or something like that although thatís not how I feel at all. To me he did enough when he was in the UK just a few months ago and if he had planned to pretty much leave it at that then thatís fair enough. If he wants to move on he should. Heís said his thanks plenty of times and Iím happy enough to take him at his word there. Maybe he hadnít planned to use twitter any time soon but to keep it open in case of any messing (which there was) or to say happy Christmas in December or whatever

And I donít want to be too dramatic but i really think people underestimate the effect this whole thing has had on him, like oh that all happened ages ago get over it or something but if anyone thinks back to things that went on in your own life a couple of years ago itís a big deal to you, this is his life and there seems to still be some bitterness there and fair enough.

And re fame i just think he was bewildered by the whole thing, probably made even weirder by the fact that he was pretty lonely in the uk and whatís to miss with that kind of fame, a few bob and the support of a few often highly critical people (present company excluded)
Hi Johnathan - I tend to disagree with you on this point. John came back and started tweeting - he was not forced at taser point to tweet people. So when he returned home it was not asking too much to say - "chat the next time I'm over guys" or WTTE, common decency I would say really
Deeferone is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-10-2012, 20:23
bblover
Forum Member

Hi Johnathan - I tend to disagree with you on this point. John came back and started tweeting - he was not forced at taser point to tweet people. So when he returned home it was not asking too much to say - "chat the next time I'm over guys" or WTTE, common decency I would say really
Of course,it wouldn't have taken him a lot of time,and seeing as he does check his TL or whatever,maybe he just can't be arsed or doesn't want to ,he might feel he doesn't have anything to talk about now he's been out of the bb house a long time ago?Who knows really,that's just my thoughts.
Old 28-10-2012, 11:21
nyannie
Forum Member

Morning all.

I tend to agree with Deefs. I find John not tweeting goodbye or something very odd, but there you go.

Hope everyone is OK today. I'm busy packing to leave for our our short break up North. We are putting wellies in the boot of our car and packing some extra socks. We are hoping we won't have to use them. We have decided not to leave an autumn break this late next year.

Well, best get going - need to vacuum and finish packing.
Old 28-10-2012, 12:52
muggins14
Forum Member

Afternoon all - interesting read-thru!

I agree with Deefs and others; I think it takes 2 seconds to tweet, all John had to do was say I'm off now, bye! He knows he has followers; he knows he's encouraged it (opening a Fb page twice for those loyal fans) and occasionally posting on there. I don't think he does anymore (I'm not on loys so I'm sure somebody will correct me) but his friend does; whether this is at John's request to keep the loyalty going, I don't know.

Somebody said they didn't think John would get a lot of support if he were to ask for it with regard to sponsoring a friend or something - I think the core group of fans would support him, from what I heard some are still pretty fanatical - not one hint of criticism towards John is allowed in some quarters apparently I think perhaps a small few would sell their first-born if asked
Old 28-10-2012, 14:43
Johnathan100
Forum Member

Hmmm - Jonathan - Daniel does NOT squint all the time. He didn't in Defiance or Our Friends in the North - and he and Dame Judy Dench were a great double act last night on Graham Norton. I did feel a bit sorry for Javier who wasn't really given equal time and missed a couple of the jokes.
Ok I take it all back
Old 28-10-2012, 14:46
Johnathan100
Forum Member

Yeah sometimes itís hard to figure out why he doesnít make things easier for himself, like yep if he tweeted something like thanks for the support, which heís said in the past quite sincerely so i think that support meant something to him and he obviously knows thatís what people want of him now so it is difficult to figure out especially seeing as he really got involved back in august which is just a couple of months ago. And i totally get why people would think just tweet ffs lol

But for me the friendliness while he was there was enough, i thought he made an effort and heís not really one for doing things the way everyone else does things for whatever reason.
Old 28-10-2012, 14:47
Johnathan100
Forum Member

Of course,it wouldn't have taken him a lot of time,and seeing as he does check his TL or whatever,maybe he just can't be arsed or doesn't want to ,he might feel he doesn't have anything to talk about now he's been out of the bb house a long time ago?Who knows really,that's just my thoughts.
Yeah i think thereís a bit of that too
Old 28-10-2012, 14:51
Johnathan100
Forum Member

Afternoon all - interesting read-thru!

I agree with Deefs and others; I think it takes 2 seconds to tweet, all John had to do was say I'm off now, bye! He knows he has followers; he knows he's encouraged it (opening a Fb page twice for those loyal fans) and occasionally posting on there. I don't think he does anymore (I'm not on loys so I'm sure somebody will correct me) but his friend does; whether this is at John's request to keep the loyalty going, I don't know.

Somebody said they didn't think John would get a lot of support if he were to ask for it with regard to sponsoring a friend or something - I think the core group of fans would support him, from what I heard some are still pretty fanatical - not one hint of criticism towards John is allowed in some quarters apparently I think perhaps a small few would sell their first-born if asked
Well if he asked me nicely you know maybe lol

I stick to here and donít really have a clue what goes on elsewhere

But back in the early days it was weird to me the two different types of extreme Johns fans, the ones who were constantly pissed at him and tweeting him about what he didnít do right and the ones who wouldnít accept he had flaws at all.
Old 28-10-2012, 15:28
nyannie
Forum Member

Ok I take it all back
I'm glad you have Jonathan -
Old 28-10-2012, 15:32
nyannie
Forum Member

Well if he asked me nicely you know maybe lol

I stick to here and donít really have a clue what goes on elsewhere

But back in the early days it was weird to me the two different types of extreme Johns fans, the ones who were constantly pissed at him and tweeting him about what he didnít do right and the ones who wouldnít accept he had flaws at all.
Human nature never ceases to amaze me.

My husband thinks I'm obsessive because I watch the Sharpe programs with the door closed - that is because my o/h is usually in the study listening to the radio - no obsession here - well maybe a little one. However, I don't follow Sean Bean around, write him fan letters or buy any Sharpe products. . .

Personally I have always supported John because he reminded me of an ex-boyfriend and because he was a very interesting character in the house. Somehow I don't think he would interest me as much if I just met him on the street.
Old 28-10-2012, 15:35
nyannie
Forum Member

Yeah sometimes itís hard to figure out why he doesnít make things easier for himself, like yep if he tweeted something like thanks for the support, which heís said in the past quite sincerely so i think that support meant something to him and he obviously knows thatís what people want of him now so it is difficult to figure out especially seeing as he really got involved back in august which is just a couple of months ago. And i totally get why people would think just tweet ffs lol

But for me the friendliness while he was there was enough, i thought he made an effort and heís not really one for doing things the way everyone else does things for whatever reason.

I think he did make an effort when he was over here and I think that's why many of us are disappointed. It would have been better if John had said no to posing with fans and posting photos of himself .

As I've said before, I think John likes to be in control - who knows, maybe this is his control over the fans? I do agree with Deefs and Muggins though - would have been nice for him to tweet something.
Old 28-10-2012, 15:37
nyannie
Forum Member

Well, I'm off. I have put wellies, umbrellas in the car, packed most of the bags, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, ironed the last two of my husband's shirts. Made sure I have the phone number of the B&B and had a bath.

Please would some kind soul let me know by PM if anything of interest happens. Back on Sunday!
Old 28-10-2012, 17:01
bblover
Forum Member

Well, I'm off. I have put wellies, umbrellas in the car, packed most of the bags, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, ironed the last two of my husband's shirts. Made sure I have the phone number of the B&B and had a bath.

Please would some kind soul let me know by PM if anything of interest happens. Back on Sunday!
Have fun Nyannie.xxxNot sure anything of interest will happen lol
Old 28-10-2012, 17:27
ellemay
Forum Member

Have fun Nyannie.xxxNot sure anything of interest will happen lol
But if it does you can be sure to get that pm x

Have a good time x
Old 28-10-2012, 17:33
ellemay
Forum Member

Lovely to see some of the old posters posting. x
Old 28-10-2012, 17:35
bblover
Forum Member

But if it does you can be sure to get that pm x

Have a good time x
True,but the chances of something happening is highly unlikely

Lovely to see some of the old posters posting. x
That includes you too.
Old 28-10-2012, 17:44
ellemay
Forum Member

That includes you too.
Thanks lover. John doesnt tweet very often but when he does its always a nice surprise. x I read here every day x

You still watching BBoz?
Old 28-10-2012, 19:15
georgyporgy
Forum Member

We was robbed

thats liverpool

robbed i say, get that ******* linesman some glasses

good evening jjat
nice to see so many back
georgyporgy is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 28-10-2012, 19:18
bblover
Forum Member

Thanks lover. John doesnt tweet very often but when he does its always a nice surprise. x I read here every day x

You still watching BBoz?
Nice,but also this and thisHe's enjoying the spring,maybe taking surfing lessons before the summer begins?

I am still,delighted with this week eviction results
Old 28-10-2012, 19:19
bblover
Forum Member

We was robbed

thats liverpool

robbed i say, get that ******* linesman some glasses

good evening jjat
nice to see so many back
Didn't see it,but looks like another bad luck for the Kop

It can only get better
Old 28-10-2012, 19:23
georgyporgy
Forum Member

Didn't see it,but looks like another bad luck for the Kop

It can only get better
It would of been better
if that linesman
was never given a flag

last minute winner
just taken away
like that
Old 28-10-2012, 19:29
bblover
Forum Member

It would of been better
if that linesman
was never given a flag

last minute winner
just taken away
like that
Very gutting i can imagineBut that's footie i'm afraid.
Old 28-10-2012, 19:37
georgyporgy
Forum Member

Very gutting i can imagineBut that's footie i'm afraid.
That footie ......... thats footie ........ its going to take
a little time to get over it
i know what will help
a bubble bath and wine
Old 28-10-2012, 19:40
bblover
Forum Member

That footie ......... thats footie ........ its going to take
a little time to get over it
i know what will help
a bubble bath and wine