Options

EastEnders Getting much better

gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
Forum Member
I think EastEnders is improving every week now.

Fantastic character interaction and great storylines.

Can't wait for Ian's return and also Sharon's.

Cora/Tanya scenes should be great too and also Kat's mystery lover revealed.

Ben revealed as Heather's Murderer and Bianca and Carol's returns in October.

Things are looking up not down as some people think.

Comments

• Options
    Doctor BenchDoctor Bench Posts: 4,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually couldn't take seriously a word you just said. I fail to see how Kat having yet another affairst can be described as 'a great storyline'.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think EastEnders is improving every week now.

Fantastic character interaction and great storylines.

Can't wait for Ian's return and also Sharon's.

Cora/Tanya scenes should be great too and also Kat's mystery lover revealed.

Ben revealed as Heather's Murderer and Bianca and Carol's returns in October.

Things are looking up not down as some people think.

I'm not at all bothered about the mystery aspect of Kat's affair, it's stopping character development for the two characters involved and makes the consequences of the affair on Alfie seem less serious - at least for now.

It wouldn't bother me if I never saw Bianca again..

The rest is OK, though I hope Ian's storyline has good writing behind it, otherwise it has the potential to come across OTT and even slightly comic..
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No its pretty much the same, and does anyone really give two hoots who kats secret lover is, I mean REALLY??
    it is slightly better than last year though (2011) witch has got to be the worst year on record along with 2004.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »
    No its pretty much the same, and does anyone really give two hoots who kats secret lover is, I mean REALLY??
    it is slightly better than last year though (2011) witch has got to be the worst year on record along with 2004.

yep, its a slight improvement on last year but thats really the best that can be said so far. We've had the brill Jean/Michael story and some good bits here and there, Hev's murder was one of them (although not happy about how long that has rattled on for).

Kats storyline is incredibly boring, the football is incredibly boring and so false, i get they wanted to bring back a community feel to walford but shoving a bunch of 40-50 yr old together as a football team is painful. would much much rather have had the book club back and a pub quiz league start up...andrew cotton in goal?! winston in defence?! billy the star striker?! lol
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    towers wrote: »
    I'm not at all bothered about the mystery aspect of Kat's affair, it's stopping character development for the two characters involved and makes the consequences of the affair on Alfie seem less serious - at least for now.

It wouldn't bother me if I never saw Bianca again..

The rest is OK, though I hope Ian's storyline has good writing behind it, otherwise it has the potential to come across OTT and even slightly comic..

That's the only feeling I'm getting from seeing the photos of him as a homeless man.
  • Options
    habanalahabanala Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you kidding? The last few weeks are genuinely the least ive ever enjoyed the show. I still record the episodes but only watch them days later and in bits at a time because is it just so shit and im only watching it in the hope it gets better. I never used to miss an episode live and if i did i would watch the recording as soon as i could. The kat storyline is horrendous but its the day to day stuff aswell that is mind numbingly pathetic, the football scenes nearly made me put my foot through the tv when the moon goons chanted "we love you kat moon we do". The attempts at humour are disastrous and they should of learned by now they cant do comedy. If i see another push up contest in a pub by full grown men im switching off for good.
    Absolute shite and its going to get worse when the olympics is on, im THIS close to turning off completely! Sharons return cant come quick enough
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habanala wrote: »
    Are you kidding? The last few weeks are genuinely the least ive ever enjoyed the show. I still record the episodes but only watch them days later and in bits at a time because is it just so shit and im only watching it in the hope it gets better. I never used to miss an episode live and if i did i would watch the recording as soon as i could. The kat storyline is horrendous but its the day to day stuff aswell that is mind numbingly pathetic, the football scenes nearly made me put my foot through the tv when the moon goons chanted "we love you kat moon we do". The attempts at humour are disastrous and they should of learned by now they cant do comedy. If i see another push up contest in a pub by full grown men im switching off for good.
    Absolute shite and its going to get worse when the olympics is on, im THIS close to turning off completely! Sharons return cant come quick enough

But the people who are currently writing this 'shite' as you put it, are also writing Sharon's return... :sleep:
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have a good week, here and there and then it goes back to being shit for months on end.
    the writings the worst thing about it atm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have watched EE for years but I've quit watching since April. It's complete and utter shit now.
  • Options
    lloydsimcolloydsimco Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but what exactly have you been watching???
    The last 3-4 weeks have been the worst ever!
  • Options
    Guido9Guido9 Posts: 3,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habanala wrote: »

I think if you tried to piece together an hour's worth of "EE : best bits of 2012 part one" then you'd seriously be struggling to do so!

As you seemed to be saying, this past fortnight has probably been the worst ever in it's entire 27 year history - and that's saying something! Perhaps the show should have a break whilst the Olympics take centre stage next week in order to give it a rest and come back vastly improved! Sadly this is not likely to happen....:(
  • Options
    Guido9Guido9 Posts: 3,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for the OP, I think he'd still be singing EE's praises from the rooftops even if the BBC put a static testcard in place of the show for the two weeks while the Olympics was on! The testcard would probably be more enjoyable to watch than EE has been of late come to think of it........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All will be better when Joey returns on tuesday :D
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've enjoyed it as well. I'm getting to really like the Kat story. I find myself analysing everything to find out who it could be :o. It's not the best storyline ever but for what it is I enjoy it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guido9 wrote: »
    As for the OP, I think he'd still be singing EE's praises from the rooftops even if the BBC put a static testcard in place of the show for the two weeks while the Olympics was on! The testcard would probably be more enjoyable to watch than EE has been of late come to think of it........

Difference in opinions and all that.....
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disagree with the OP I'm afraid; it's dreadful at the moment. Pretty much all of last year and the beginning of 2012 was rubbish, it started to get better around April (I loved the Alfie/Roxy stuff), but after Janine's wedding it's dipped again.

If Kat's affair is the best they can come up with, EastEnders really is in trouble.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 57,015
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    Disagree with the OP I'm afraid; it's dreadful at the moment. Pretty much all of last year and the beginning of 2012 was rubbish, it started to get better around April (I loved the Alfie/Roxy stuff), but after Janine's wedding it's dipped again.

If Kat's affair is the best they can come up with, EastEnders really is in trouble.

seriously? its been brilliant since the start of the year apart from a few weeks like dereks/tyler/whitney and the kat affair is dragging it down but the other s/l's are brilliant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seriously? its been brilliant since the start of the year apart from a few weeks like dereks/tyler/whitney and the kat affair is dragging it down but the other s/l's are brilliant

Sorry but I disagree. I can only think of two stand-out moments from this year, and that's the aftermath of Heather's death and Janine & Michael's wedding. Otherwise, the rest of this year has been completely forgettable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry but I disagree. I can only think of two stand-out moments from this year, and that's the aftermath of Heather's death and Janine & Michael's wedding. Otherwise, the rest of this year has been completely forgettable.

did you not like david wicks come back ? that was amazing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did you not like david wicks come back ? that was amazing

Oh yes, David's return was excellent. I'd forgotten about that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yes, David's return was excellent. I'd forgotten about that!

see it wasnt all bad :p
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    We've seen some great stuff from Michael, Janine, Jean, Phil and Shirley this year. Also from our younger characters Lucy, Ben and Jay.
    There's been a lot I've enjoyed and, although I hate affairs, I like the way they've done Kat's story.

I have to mention AJ and Joey here who look as if they are going to be good additions to the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've enjoyed

Pat's death
    Return of David
    Ian/Mandy wedding dilemma
    Ian having a breakdown
    Heather's death/aftermath
    Tanya gets the all clear from cancer
    Partly enjoyed Lauren's alcohol addiction
    Michael/Jean and Janine's/Michaels wedding
    Bianca's leaving episode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    I've enjoyed

Pat's death
    Return of David
    Ian/Mandy wedding dilemma
    Ian having a breakdown
    Heather's death/aftermath
    Tanya gets the all clear from cancer
    Partly enjoyed Lauren's alcohol addiction
    Michael/Jean and Janine's/Michaels wedding
    Bianca's leaving episode

same they were all brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    same they were all brilliant.

They were.
    I think the two middle episodes during Heather's murder week have been my favourite this year.