Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Waterloo Road Series 8 Discussion Thread 23/08/2012

Old 22-01-2014, 17:25
yorksdave
Forum Member

After Splash, we all thought TV could not go any lower, but just to prove us all wrong, channel 4 gives us "The Jump", Splash without the titilation, no douubt channel 4 hopes it will be the new "Dancing on Ice" but I fear it will be more like "Celebrity Wrestling"
yorksdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-01-2014, 22:04
alternate
Forum Member

Try watching it before judging it?
alternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2014, 22:10
oathy
Forum Member

After Splash, we all thought TV could not go any lower, but just to prove us all wrong, channel 4 gives us "The Jump", Splash without the titilation, no douubt channel 4 hopes it will be the new "Dancing on Ice" but I fear it will be more like "Celebrity Wrestling"
the Creative Renewal didn't get very creative did it.
having seen promos on This Morning and Davina doing her best hyping the show.

I really wish C4 would get the creator of BB doing a new show 100% for Channel 4. Because they skirt around these Reality TV shows
and its really Bigbrother that should be aired. they have no hard hitting Drama's cooking food and some penis sums up primetime.
oathy is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2014, 22:41
ChickenWings
Forum Member

Hopefully it'll be like The Games or whatever it was called. I quite liked that.
ChickenWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 08:36
redrose89
Forum Member

Hopefully it'll be like The Games or whatever it was called. I quite liked that.
They missed a trick brining that back for the olympics.
redrose89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 08:41
koantemplation
Forum Member

Are they using benefit claimants for the competition?
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 09:31
walterwhite
Forum Member

Yeah me too, strange to start a thread slagging off a program that you haven't seen isn't it?
walterwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 09:35
happymittens
Forum Member

I'm looking forward to it! I loved The Games, so am hoping its a winter version of that
happymittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 09:38
Sloopy
Forum Member

I quite liked The Games.

The Jump has quite a desperate line-up though. I'm surprised about Sir Steve Redgrave getting involved in this.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 09:38
Trappedin80's
Forum Member

I'm also looking forward to it, because I enjoyed The Games so much.
Trappedin80's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 10:00
lealeeds
Forum Member

I quite liked The Games.

The Jump has quite a desperate line-up though. I'm surprised about Sir Steve Redgrave getting involved in this.
Money money money...
lealeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 10:07
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

I remember watching Series 3 of The Games purely for Kirsty Gallacher and ended up really enjoying it so i'll certainly give The Jump a try.
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 10:26
ValW
Forum Member

Slalom skiing, speed skating, bobsleighing - it sounds much more hardcore than a half second bellyflop into the local municipal baths. My only gripe is it clashes with Dancing On Ice when both would attract much of the same audience.
ValW is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 10:44
Dancc
Forum Member

It sounds too niche to me. The winter sports aren't a great draw done by professionals so why would z-list celebs doing them be appealing? Might get one series out of it as ITV did with Splash (second series is currently tanking) but no more. Also the scheduling is ridiculous, 8PM most nights to avoid Celebrity Big Brother. I don't think C4 has much confidence in it.
Dancc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 11:26
Vadmun
Inactive Member

Interestingly there was a time C4s remit in terms of addressing the Olympics at Sochi would have focussed on Putin's suppression of human rights, specifically LGBT rights, the misappropriation of funds by Russian "businessmen", the sponsorship of the Winter Olympics by Visa, Coca Cola etc companies whose remit is equality and inclusion funding one of the most repressive political regimes in the Western World etc You know where I'm going with this...

Now it's all about FUN FUN FUN and includes that z'leb hairdresser and Tara Palmer Tonkinson skiing downhill.

An apt metaphor for C4 indeed.
Vadmun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 12:03
oathy
Forum Member

It sounds too niche to me. The winter sports aren't a great draw done by professionals so why would z-list celebs doing them be appealing? Might get one series out of it as ITV did with Splash (second series is currently tanking) but no more. Also the scheduling is ridiculous, 8PM most nights to avoid Celebrity Big Brother. I don't think C4 has much confidence in it.
It sounds terrible of me but anything with Amy Childs isn't going to end well. She has the screen presence of a brick and that clip of her "omg omg omg"
oathy is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 12:12
chinchin
Forum Member

Interestingly there was a time C4s remit in terms of addressing the Olympics at Sochi would have focussed on Putin's suppression of human rights, specifically LGBT rights, the misappropriation of funds by Russian "businessmen", the sponsorship of the Winter Olympics by Visa, Coca Cola etc companies whose remit is equality and inclusion funding one of the most repressive political regimes in the Western World etc You know where I'm going with this...

Now it's all about FUN FUN FUN and includes that z'leb hairdresser and Tara Palmer Tonkinson skiing downhill.

An apt metaphor for C4 indeed.
^ This.
chinchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 12:17
Dancc
Forum Member

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson pulled out. A bit of a blow when bizarrely she was one of the more well-known names due to appear.
Dancc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 12:29
big brother 9
Forum Member

Really op ? Jumping in the gutter?
big brother 9 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 12:36
giggityfish80
Forum Member

They jumped into the gutter once they did that utterly dire dogging tales program which showed just how far they've fallen
giggityfish80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 12:37
walterwhite
Forum Member

I quite liked The Games.

As opposed to The Games with it's stellar all star line up you mean?
walterwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 12:40
lundavra
Forum Member

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson pulled out. A bit of a blow when bizarrely she was one of the more well-known names due to appear.
She would seem a strange choice with her being a 'lifelong skier' and her father an Olympic champion.
lundavra is offline   Reply With Quote