Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Waterloo Road Series 8 Discussion Thread 23/08/2012

Old 31-01-2013, 22:00
far2cool
Forum Member

Oh my word, it gets dafter and dafter each week, next week looks.....actually I can't think of a word
Haha
far2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 31-01-2013, 22:00
MiresiaVerteta
Inactive Member

Oh my word, it gets dafter and dafter each week, next week looks.....actually I can't think of a word
Put it to rest. We need PROPER DRAMA not fake crap
MiresiaVerteta is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 22:02
cloudsailor
Forum Member

Well as if that wasn't predictable.

I keep thinking of new ways and twists for characters but lol... wouldnt happen in this Waterloo Road but would in Waterloo past.
cloudsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 22:05
mrbernay
Forum Member

Unfortunately this Daniel Chalk not being his real name is guff, unless he has legally assumed another identity....but then none of his previous life would "exist".... There is no way any lawyer could divulge anything...
mrbernay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 22:10
kenny7
Forum Member

Disappointing episode but I didn't mind the Chalky and Kevin scenes.

Already tired of the Barrys messing around, it's just exactly the same as the Kellys from before.

Connor and Imogen get way too much screentime as well.
kenny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 22:13
far2cool
Forum Member

Already tired of the Barrys messing around, it's just exactly the same as the Kellys from before.

I agree with these points.

Those 2 were tedious enough last year...
far2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 22:23
mrbernay
Forum Member

Why do soaps always have to spoil serious stuff with silly things? The Kevin/Chalky stuff would have been enough...
Old 31-01-2013, 22:28
mrbernay
Forum Member

How come he speaks to a selection of the school and not just the Upper 6th??? LOL
Old 31-01-2013, 22:31
mrbernay
Forum Member

How come Chalky still has scars??? Those would be temporary???
Old 31-01-2013, 23:05
notin
Forum Member

Disappointing episode but I didn't mind the Chalky and Kevin scenes.

Totally agree, the Connor and Imogen plot is getting tedious , the Barrys are boring and predictable. However I did enjoy the Chalky and Kevin story line . Ah well, I'm still watching, sadly, but have to escape to the kitchen because no one else can stand to watch.
notin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 23:32
jerseyporter
Forum Member

I found the Chalky scenes when he talked about feeling shame and how he 'should have been able to stop him' heartbreaking because I've heard those words myself from someone in a similar situation. It's a guilt that a man feels he has no right to feel at all - and to make it worse, that's often what others say about him.

It was a strong story - predictable to some, maybe, but strong all the same and the dilemma about whether to join others from the same institution in a court case is another nightmare that often only crops up many years later.

There is no right or wrong about what a victim 'should' do, only the wrong of the abuse. WR has lost its way a bit recently, and this all came a bit out of the blue in some ways, but both actors played the anger and the doubt very well, I thought, going from what I've seen in 'real life'. I was finding it hard not to cry when Chalky was talking about it being 'his fault'.
jerseyporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 23:52
mrbernay
Forum Member

I found the Chalky scenes when he talked about feeling shame and how he 'should have been able to stop him' heartbreaking because I've heard those words myself from someone in a similar situation. It's a guilt that a man feels he has no right to feel at all - and to make it worse, that's often what others say about him.

It was a strong story - predictable to some, maybe, but strong all the same and the dilemma about whether to join others from the same institution in a court case is another nightmare that often only crops up many years later.

There is no right or wrong about what a victim 'should' do, only the wrong of the abuse. WR has lost its way a bit recently, and this all came a bit out of the blue in some ways, but both actors played the anger and the doubt very well, I thought, going from what I've seen in 'real life'. I was finding it hard not to cry when Chalky was talking about it being 'his fault'.
I shed a few tears at the Chalky/Kevin story - it was brilliantly acted by the 2, and particularly Tommy Knight as a debutante.
Old 01-02-2013, 00:55
jonjons
Forum Member

I interviewed Kirstie Steele (Imogen Stewart ) yesterday for my radio show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx-K5HRPZj8

--

Todays episode was back to how it use to be, I use to get emotional in some scenes and its gone a bit of a comedy recently but its nice they have gone back to how it should be
jonjons is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:45
RingoJ739K
Forum Member

I quite liked the Kevin and Chalky scenes. Apart from that, it was another disappointing episode. I'm getting a bit sick and tired of the Barrys stiring and Connor and Imogen getting too much screentime while other charatcers are just sitting in the background. Next week's episode looks even more bizzare than ever.
RingoJ739K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:30
Brian Reynolds
Forum Member

I'm having to use the subtitles as I can't understand much of what the Barrys are saying. It might help if they didn't gabble
Brian Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:45
Ambassador
Forum Member

Pack it off to CBBC as the new Grange Hill. That's all it is now.

Poorly written cliched tat for teenagers
Ambassador is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 19:34
ISpyOnYou
Forum Member

what happened about the stolen cars surely barry would of been arrested
ISpyOnYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 00:44
jonjons
Forum Member

I interviewed Imogen Stewart on my radio show if anyone is interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx-K5HRPZj8
jonjons is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:26
DavetheScot
Forum Member

Michael gets more bizarre by the week. Now he wants to keep a pupil who has admitted to arson in school and makes him do a confession in front of other pupils. Please tell me there are no heads remotely like him!
DavetheScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:35
samwalk
Forum Member

Such a shame that something as serious and deep-rooted as this is trivalised and dealt with in the one-hour format. Never mind that the scars would have faded instead of being raw welts, no-one who has spent the past 30 years hiding from his past and refusing to confront his abuser will do a complete 180 after a 5 minute talk.

As for Michael wanting to keep an arsonist in the school, where's the consistency? What does a pupil he likes have to do to thrown out?
samwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 20:58
enudzio
Forum Member

3 mins to go.
enudzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 21:00
alcockell
Forum Member

OK- let's see how they do with the returning squaddie plot..
alcockell is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 21:05
PaleHorse
Forum Member

I love Grantly.
PaleHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 21:06
PunksNotDead
Forum Member

Barry Barry
PunksNotDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 21:13