Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

silent witness on bbc1 now

Old 21-01-2013, 12:36
david1955
Forum Member

My thoughts exactly, no back stories please.

I'm really starting to dislike the Jack character - it's not working for me in this format.
Boring it may be but I would have preferred them to bring in another pathologist.
I don't understand how he joined the team after the briefest interview by Leo. Surely for that sort of job he would have to have had background checks. And the cage fighting thing is nonsense, it may or may not be illegal in itself , but beating people to a pulp is , even if they are willing participants.

I suppose we may get a really far fetched twist in that one of his cage fighting opponents dies and he is called in to investigate it and suppresses all the evidence .
david1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-01-2013, 12:55
holly berry
Forum Member

Cage-fighter-cum-forensic-scientist Jack, seems to have mental health problems that may come to the fore as this series progresses. He is clearly a self-harmer: he doesn't cut in the conventional way he just goes out and has a fight (in a cage or as a result of deliberately bumping into bad boys) as a way of releasing pent-up tension. Clarissa seems to be the only one who really knows what makes him tick so no doubt there's yet more back story to be coughed up.

Harry seems like Gandhi in comparison!
holly berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 15:31
lammtarra
Forum Member

I don't understand how he joined the team after the briefest interview by Leo. Surely for that sort of job he would have to have had background checks.
Jack blagging a job for Clarissa was even more far-fetched.
lammtarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 17:33
Molly Hunt
Forum Member

Jack blagging a job for Clarissa was even more far-fetched.
Shades of the way Nikki was offered her job a while ago. She brought in her Iron Age family's bones to do some work on Leo's computer - was offered the pathologist's job [by Leo] on a 6 month probation, and stayed.
Molly Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 22:08
heart of glass
Forum Member

Anyone else watching?
heart of glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 22:10
far2cool
Forum Member

Yea, it's that guy from Hustle. Can he only play barmen?
far2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 22:24
jojo2008
Forum Member

Still missing Harry
jojo2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 22:37
heart of glass
Forum Member

I don't understand what this story has to do with the scene at the beginning? I guess they must be connected somehow, but...
Old 24-01-2013, 22:38
far2cool
Forum Member

I don't understand what this story has to do with the scene at the beginning? I guess they must be connected somehow, but...
oh yea, I forgot about that...
Old 24-01-2013, 22:47
far2cool
Forum Member

Ah, here we go
Old 24-01-2013, 22:50
heart of glass
Forum Member

There it is. So he killed the husband and daughter... wow.
Old 24-01-2013, 22:58
heart of glass
Forum Member

Okay he didn't kill Imogen and she has a daughter. The plot thickens...
Old 24-01-2013, 23:01
Minor Maggie
Forum Member

Was that Box Hill?
Minor Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 23:09
owllover
Forum Member

It looked like Box Hill.

I'm very, very confused. Was the female D.I. Imogen? Can't have been because someone would have noticed her finger but all the blondes looked the same to me tonight.
owllover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 23:13
heart of glass
Forum Member

It looked like Box Hill.

I'm very, very confused. Was the female D.I. Imogen? Can't have been because someone would have noticed her finger but all the blondes looked the same to me tonight.
I wondered that too.
Old 24-01-2013, 23:15
far2cool
Forum Member

It looked like Box Hill.

This.
Old 24-01-2013, 23:26
DavetheScot
Forum Member

I'm sure the DI and the woman who appears to be Imogen aren't the same person.
DavetheScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 23:29
gurney-slade
Forum Member

I wonder if we're going to have an over-ambitious, psychotic female detective every week.
gurney-slade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 23:41
owllover
Forum Member

I'm sure the DI and the woman who appears to be Imogen aren't the same person.
I'm sure you're right Dave but as you can tell - I'm confused.com tonight.
owllover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 00:05
RichmondBlue
Forum Member

I wonder if we're going to have an over-ambitious, psychotic female detective every week.
Yes, the writers appear to have a very poor opinion of the police, particularly female officers. They are either stupid or corrupt, usually both.
This one is so keen to "fit up" the father that she fabricates a story about damaging important material evidence, right under the noses of the forensic team.
RichmondBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 00:18
gilesb
Forum Member

I said exactly the same to my partner. Common theme is also Nikki clashing with them and thinking she knows best, usually to be proven correct in her thoughts, much to my annoyance!
gilesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 00:34
Philip_Andrews
Forum Member

Cage-fighter-cum-forensic-scientist Jack, seems to have mental health problems that may come to the fore as this series progresses. He is clearly a self-harmer: he doesn't cut in the conventional way he just goes out and has a fight (in a cage or as a result of deliberately bumping into bad boys) as a way of releasing pent-up tension. Clarissa seems to be the only one who really knows what makes him tick so no doubt there's yet more back story to be coughed up.

Harry seems like Gandhi in comparison!
After reading comments like these about the 'new' SW I'm glad I no longer ewatch it. Actually, I'm not 'glad'. I'm mortified. After 17 years of wonderful entertainment I've left it. Every time I think of that first episode of the present series with this guy in a fight cage then elbowing someone in the face, I wonder if someone got two different programmes mixed up (e.g. SW and Fight Club...?).

This week they have a photo of the lovely, glam and gorgeous Nikki/Emilia to persuade us. My dear Emilia I'd love to join you and Leo, but not before they've put thast new guy 'the 'Irish pit-bull' in a padded cell and thrown away the key...

I remeber a somg of the 60s/70s; 'what have they done to my song ma?'. I'd like to sing 'what have they done to this programme ma?' to the same refrain.

I watched some old clips of Harry and Nikki on a Tom Ward website. Glorious, just glorious... Well at least there are 17 years worth of DVds out there to go back to...

So sad, so very very sad...
Philip_Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 00:41
gilesb
Forum Member

After reading comments like these about the 'new' SW I'm glad I no longer ewatch it. Actually, I'm not 'glad'. I'm mortified. After 17 years of wonderful entertainment I've left it. Every time I think of that first episode of the present series with this guy in a fight cage then elbowing someone in the face, I wonder if someone got two different programmes mixed up (e.g. SW and Fight Club...?).

This week they have a photo of the lovely, glam and gorgeous Nikki/Emilia to persuade us. My dear Emilia I'd love to join you and Leo, but not before they've put thast new guy 'the 'Irish pit-bull' in a padded cell and thrown away the key...

I remeber a somg of the 60s/70s; 'what have they done to my song ma?'. I'd like to sing 'what have they done to this programme ma?' to the same refrain.

I watched some old clips of Harry and Nikki on a Tom Ward website. Glorious, just glorious... Well at least there are 17 years worth of DVds out there to go back to...

So sad, so very very sad...
17 years? Wow I remember when it started... Doesn't seem like 17 years ago, but I just checked and it was 1996! Makes me feel old!
gilesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 02:25
miss buzzybee
Forum Member

this week's episode not gripping me like last week's

So the female DI had a former drug problem.
miss buzzybee is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 07:49
david1955
Forum Member

This is rather intriguing. Imogen is supposed to be dead , and the guy who allegedly killed her gets out after 8 years.

However , they found some cartridge wadding ( is that what it's called) in a tree some 5 years after a murder , yeah right !
david1955 is offline   Reply With Quote