Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

silent witness on bbc1 now

Old 25-01-2013, 22:10
gee-em
Forum Member

Not a lot of forensic work tonight, there seemed to be more police scenes
gee-em is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-01-2013, 22:19
F1Ken
Forum Member

SW is probably the least realistic crime drama there is but it's still bloody good!

I was on edge during that one! This series has been entertaining and much more enjoyable than the last.

Ken
F1Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 22:28
owllover
Forum Member

Not a lot of forensic work tonight, there seemed to be more police scenes
I think that's why I enjoyed this this story more. I was getting bored by the end of the last series.
owllover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 22:31
far2cool
Forum Member

That was a good couple of episodes...
far2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 23:05
Kayjay2405
Forum Member

Really enjoyed that up to the last ten mins when it lost all credibility (well whatever credibility it has..!) when they went looking for the missing girl, on their own, with no police backup, who they knew was being held by an armed psychopath
Kayjay2405 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 23:18
NaturalDancer
Forum Member

I really enjoyed it, I was gripped. Yes it's unrealistic regarding just what pathologists would be allowed to do but I didn't mind that. If I hadn't enjoyed it for some other reason that would've bugged me.
NaturalDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 23:21
Jo09
Forum Member

Really enjoyed that up to the last ten mins when it lost all credibility (well whatever credibility it has..!) when they went looking for the missing girl, on their own, with no police backup, who they knew was being held by an armed psychopath
who had also just killed a police officer.
Jo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 23:36
Emmersonne
Forum Member

who had also just killed a police officer.
They've been sniffing the formaldehyde again.

I feel a traitor to Harry, but I like the new guy and think he'd be a great match for Nikki
Emmersonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 00:28
Molly Hunt
Forum Member

So much for them bigging up Jack as a cage fighter -when push came to shove he had to be rescued by Nikki!

Is it just me who was dying for Jack to lay out Lane with that crowbar?
Molly Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 00:45
DavetheScot
Forum Member

??? are pathologists allowed to act as Police and march into a Jail & interview an inmate?
I think it's a bit late to take issue with pathologists exceeding their remit at this stage - they've been doing it since the first series! And at least the police are beginning to point it out now.

Satisfactory ending with Lane caught and put away (life without parole this time, I'd think). Sad to see the DI shot down, though; she should never have listened to her idiot father.
DavetheScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 06:03
david1955
Forum Member

They were certainly correct to give a warning about disturbing scenes. Some pretty gruesome stuff. Very gripping story , one of the best I have seen
david1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 07:13
roddydogs
Forum Member

So he had murdered 9 women, framed thier partners, all were convicted, cuts off part of finger on all of them, and no one thinks theirs anything strange.
and he wears a bullet proof vest, knowing she wouldnt aim for his head or crown jewels.
roddydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 14:52
holly berry
Forum Member

This series seems to be about making the police look like a bunch of incompetents with bad attitude! Probably closer to the truth than we'd like to think lol.

Funny how no one realised that there was a serial killer on the loose cutting off fingertips in 3 specific areas of the country! Wasn't anyone joining up the dots?

Loved cage boy being saved by thin-as-a-rake Nikki.

Clarissa had more lines than Leo in this two-parter!
holly berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 15:08
HHGTTG
Forum Member

No wonder we have a violent, unruly society when we have stuff like this on our TVs.
HHGTTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 15:14
Clanroyden
Forum Member

No wonder we have a violent, unruly society when we have stuff like this on our TVs.
Do you really think the people who are causing "a violent unruly society" are sitting at home watching Silent Witness?

Best Silent Witness two parter for ages both me and my partner really enjoyed it.
Clanroyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 15:23
HHGTTG
Forum Member

Do you really think the people who are causing "a violent unruly society" are sitting at home watching Silent Witness?

Best Silent Witness two parter for ages both me and my partner really enjoyed it.
No of course not but this is just one of many programmes, series and films that contain gruesome, gratuitous violence and someone somewhere watches things like this together with the myriad of violent videos, DVDs and Computer games out there.
HHGTTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 15:26
Ted Murray
Forum Member

I think it's more down to a lot of kids being brought up with lack of discipline, lack of respect, along with the knowledge that they don't get any real punishment, and they take this attitude with them into adulthood. The whole system's rotten to the core and pretty much incurable at this stage.

Anyway, I don't think much blame can be placed on TV programmes, as they were probably out of the house when SW was shown, causing mayhem on the streets.
Ted Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 15:32
miaviv
Forum Member

SW is probably the least realistic crime drama there is but it's still bloody good!

I was on edge during that one! This series has been entertaining and much more enjoyable than the last.

Ken
I agree with you Ken ! A lot of what Nikki (especially) and Co get involved in is probably way out of their permitted roles but it makes for a great show and I was gripped too with these two episodes.
miaviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 16:15
madj40
Forum Member

No of course not but this is just one of many programmes, series and films that contain gruesome, gratuitous violence and someone somewhere watches things like this together with the myriad of violent videos, DVDs and Computer games out there.
If anything, disturbing scenes should be shown, in a programe such as this, a lot of people (my parents included) are clueless or blase about what real horrors are out there..My folks live in a very isolated area with hardly any nieghbouring propertys. Both are in there late 70'S and both thought it highly amusing when I decided one weekend to re-enforce their lack of security.I honesstly believe they think they live on cloud la la land and are untouchable. And as much as I'd like this to be true, unfortunately it isn't, no matter how many times I get told the, 'Well in our day we could leave the front and back doors unlocked,' story...Well news flash mum, 'In our day, some lowlife wouldn't think twice before beating someone to a pulp for less that a few quid!...
madj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 17:34
NormandyMary
Forum Member

Ive really enjoyed this series of SW even though Harry isnt there I didnt want that DI to die, I just wanted her to show her dad up for the w*nker that he was.
NormandyMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 18:32
Carly Wicks
Forum Member

I am loving the new Silent Witness with David Caves, although I also loved it with Tom Ward. Does anyone know anything about the new guy ?
Carly Wicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 19:59
19Nick68
Forum Member

Just watching this weeks on the I player.

Fantastic stuff.
19Nick68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 21:25
turquoiseblue
Forum Member

We really enjoyed it. My wife had to hide behind a cushion during the boiling water bit, urgh. The new guy seems ok, but my wife says she misses Harry.
turquoiseblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 11:55
Ashley_Quint
Forum Member

The new series reminds me a bit of Waking the Dead, I think it could be the core team each has a defined role now.
Ashley_Quint is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 12:46
platelet
Forum Member

I agree with you Ken ! A lot of what Nikki (especially) and Co get involved in is probably way out of their permitted roles but it makes for a great show and I was gripped too with these two episodes.
I did notice that they opened up the second part of True Love Waits with a touch of lampshade hanging. DI Warren giving Nikki grief over her visiting the already convicted guy.

"That's not your job"
"Well it's someone's job"

But hey, I just assume that they operate in the same parallel universe as CSI
platelet is offline   Reply With Quote