Options

EE - What can they do to make Kat likeable?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I haven't liked her at all since her return and just want her gone now.

I can't honestly see anything they can do to redeem her after the current storyline but we'll have to wait and see

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Kill her off :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Batman- wrote: »

I bet you would enjoy her funeral
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I bet you would enjoy her funeral

It be a good piss up i bet especially with the locals

I could make the most of it and chat Lauren up :D
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title :D
  • Options
    loco_localoco_loca Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have her divorce Alfie. On reflection I don't think what she is doing is that bad. Well I do I think it is down right rotten and disgusting but I don't think it makes her a bad person, well actually I do she has the choice of being honest but instead she is piling unnecessary guilt on Alfie.

To redeem her character she needs to come clean to him about what's going on then she needs to walk away from the relationship after they both accept that things are simply not working out. If Alfie finds out then throws her to the curb the character is pretty much finished as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Give her Fatboy's old job in McClunkys, gotta be a few laughs there :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    loco_loca wrote: »
    Have her divorce Alfie. On reflection I don't think what she is doing is that bad. Well I do I think it is down right rotten and disgusting but I don't think it makes her a bad person, well actually I do she has the choice of being honest but instead she is piling unnecessary guilt on Alfie.

To redeem her character she needs to come clean to him about what's going on then she needs to walk away from the relationship after they both accept that things are simply not working out. If Alfie finds out then throws her to the curb the character is pretty much finished as far as I'm concerned.
    The thing is Alfie is a muppet and will take her back Yet again. He should **** her off and have a crack at Roxy
  • Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is Alfie is a muppet and will take her back Yet again. He should **** her off and have a crack at Roxy

It very obvious that they will split. This isn't like Mark, this is a regular male character which always ends in the persons relationship ending. It's EE code.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volunteer to spend all her spare time working in Cora's shop
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,501
    Forum Member
    layza101 wrote: »
    Give her Fatboy's old job in McClunkys, gotta be a few laughs there :D

The tagline finger licking good would soon be part of McClunkeys advertisement campaign if Kat stated there, until they got done by trading standards for misleading customers
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I think they will have to bring her down and make her pay in some way. Either that or we find out that Alfie and Roxy have also been at it on the sly and they part amicably ending up with different partners.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,501
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I think they will have to bring her down and make her pay in some way. Either that or we find out that Alfie and Roxy have also been at it on the sly and they part amicably ending up with different partners.

Kat and Alfie should not part amicably, Kat needs to be thrown into the gutter, then we could see her reasses her life, maybe an image change would be good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    Exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title :D

Exactly what I was gonna put.her and most of the cast
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she should leave after being binned off by Alfie, there is nothing likeable about her nowadays. Of course affairs happen in soaps, its a staple storyline but Kat makes a career out of it. You could understand it if Alfie was a monster or ignored her but he's one of the good guys in soap. And frankly Im sick of seeing kat pulling her dress down after her latest shag in some grubby corner.

Alfie really needs to get tough this time and throw her and Jean & Mo the parasites out. She needs to realise what its cost her. I have no interest in her now, I really felt for her during the swap but now if she left tomorrow I wouldn't miss her. She should be life & soul of the vic this return has been a massive fail from the off.

And now Sharon has returned, well you can't have 2 leading ladies.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 51,018
    Forum Member
    I still like Kat, but I'd ditch the "Kat has an affair" storylines which seem to be a regular thing. I'd either split her from Alfie once and for all or have them stay together. The whole will they/won't they split cos of Kat's cheating is so old now and is what is ruining them as a couple. When Kat and Alfie left their story had come full circle with Kat having faced many of her demons and finally seeming ready to get on with life and wanting that life to be with Alfie. Since their return it's like they are back to square one. Personally I would like to see them stay together and stay in the pub.

They need to remember what made Kat a popular character in the first place and rediscover some of the fun of the old Kat Slater instead of letting her get stuck in the rut that many characters do. I mean look at Roxy, there's absolutely no trace of the fun character she originally was. Yes the characters have got older but that doesn't mean they have to lose the things like made viewers like them.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I still like Kat, but I'd ditch the "Kat has an affair" storylines which seem to be a regular thing. I'd either split her from Alfie once and for all or have them stay together. The whole will they/won't they split cos of Kat's cheating is so old now and is what is ruining them as a couple. When Kat and Alfie left their story had come full circle with Kat having faced many of her demons and finally seeming ready to get on with life and wanting that life to be with Alfie. Since their return it's like they are back to square one. Personally I would like to see them stay together and stay in the pub.

They need to remember what made Kat a popular character in the first place and rediscover some of the fun of the old Kat Slater instead of letting her get stuck in the rut that many characters do. I mean look at Roxy, there's absolutely no trace of the fun character she originally was. Yes the characters have got older but that doesn't mean they have to lose the things like made viewers like them.

Yes it's tedious now and not only that we rarely see scenes of her other than when she's cooing down the phone or flirting with the football team. Come to that we rarely see what Alfie's up to these days either.
    When she took Jay into the pub for a cuppa there was shock that she did something nice...why ? she's not a bad person, but how are we to know that if we only see the sleazy side. I don't know where they're going with this but right now it just seems pointless and a waste of a good character and actress.
  • Options
    Alex250PAlex250P Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see Alfie throw her out, shack up with Roxy, win custody of Tommy and then see Kat change her image maybe - she is a 42 year old woman, time to grow up I think.

Or, maybe the brief re-introduction of Zoe to facilitate Kat's exit. I honestly think she is past redeeming now.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should give her a total makeover and a good wash for starters. She looks ridiculous.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Stop letting down your knickers at every man you see.
  • Options
    jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well good wash for starters i agree, get that clown make up off, your not the joker love.

get rid of bloody alfie wooden as plank moon, its cringie that hes still there, and no wonder that shes got no elastic left in her knickers i wouldnt have either if i lived with him,

she needs a new outlook, ive said it before, but it wouldnt be unbelievable for her to become something new, cut the men out for a bit, go to college get a good job, shock horror, progression, doesnt have to be college, could even be just starting a new outlook in life, but kat the slags just past it now.
  • Options
    funcat650funcat650 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could stop being self- obsessed for starters, grow up and act her age, quit prostituting, get rid of the pathetic yes-man Alfie and realise there's more to life than sex.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How to make kat more likeable- kat should leave walford never to return.
  • Options
    funcat650funcat650 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    How to make kat more likeable- kat should leave walfors never to return.

Yes she's well past her sell by date. That could be a better option.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 57,013
    Forum Member
    It very obvious that they will split. This isn't like Mark, this is a regular male character which always ends in the persons relationship ending. It's EE code.

phil/glenda didnt end in him and shirley splitting.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    The only thing is, if they break up the writers will just have Kat go off the rails and start drinking heavily/picking up random men (I know: it's the same things she does when she's married) until Aflie is guilt tripped into taking her back.