Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

MASS EFFECT Of the Daleks

Old 26-08-2012, 01:51
Uncle_Pobatti
Forum Member

Watching the recent trailer for Asylum of the Daleks, I thought something seemed familiar. I watched it a bunch more times, and then it finally dawned on me: the music in the background is a remake of the ending music from Mass Effect 2

I'm wondering if this is a deliberate clue: could the internet-exploding secret actually be something like Commander Shepard turning up? Maybe the Asylum Daleks have been indoctrinated by the Reapers? That would be absolutely MIND BLOWING, and I would pay a hundred times over to see that happen in the cinema!

I know this sounds ridiculous, but compare the two pieces of music and you'll see how obvious it is.

In the Mass Effect 2 clip, skip ahead to around 0:45 to see the part which I'm referring to. Imagine that sped up a very small amount, and then watch the Doctor Who trailer. Spooky is not the word for it
Uncle_Pobatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-08-2012, 02:29
Jess_Hallett
Forum Member

I was under the impression the music was just a remix of a part of the song "I am the Doctor", as it's been used before in Series 5 and 6...
Jess_Hallett is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 02:43
Uncle_Pobatti
Forum Member

I was under the impression the music was just a remix of a part of the song "I am the Doctor", as it's been used before in Series 5 and 6...
I posted my idea over on Gallifrey Base. Apparently, the track is called "The Majestic Tale (Of A Madman In A Box)", a remix of sorts based on "I Am The Doctor", but it's so far gone in the mixing process that it's hard to recognise in it's new form.

As soon as I realised though, it seems rather silly
Uncle_Pobatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 03:02
Digital Sid
Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCHfVZIAZ6s#t=2m52s
Digital Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 05:12
Jess_Hallett
Forum Member

I posted my idea over on Gallifrey Base. Apparently, the track is called "The Majestic Tale (Of A Madman In A Box)", a remix of sorts based on "I Am The Doctor", but it's so far gone in the mixing process that it's hard to recognise in it's new form.

As soon as I realised though, it seems rather silly
Ah yes, that's the song I was thinking of! You never know though, Mass Effect 2 was released in Jan 2010, Doctor Who series 5 didn't start til april 2010, and that particular Doctor Who song was for Series 6, so Murray might've gotten his inspiration from the Mass Effect song
Jess_Hallett is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 10:32
TheSilentFez
Forum Member

The soundtrack is a piece of music called "The Majestic Tale (Of a Madman in a Box" and is quite possibly one of the best pieces of music ever written!

Why isn't stuff like this on the charts instead of complete and utter rubbish like dubstep, rap, or songs which repeat the same inane words over and over?

Edit: Bloody Hell, that game's music does sound like "I am the Doctor"!
TheSilentFez is offline   Reply With Quote