Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 6)

Closed Thread
Old 31-08-2012, 09:49
mac2708
Forum Member

I cannot believe that no-one in the street knew that Rita had been kidnapped by drug-dealer Rick on her wedding day or that they weren't aware of Tommy's involvement with the whole drugs storyline.
Surely, it would have been a fairly high profile story (at least locally) especially with all the police involvement and resulting prosecution and court case. Also, you'd imagine, local news broadcasts would have covered it.
But no, it happened, evidently not one person had heard about it and we're supposed to forget (like an awful lot of other things on CS)
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 31-08-2012, 10:58
TheGreenMan
Forum Member

I cannot believe that no-one in the street knew that Rita had been kidnapped by drug-dealer Rick on her wedding day or that they weren't aware of Tommy's involvement with the whole drugs storyline.
Surely, it would have been a fairly high profile story (at least locally) especially with all the police involvement and resulting prosecution and court case. Also, you'd imagine, local news broadcasts would have covered it.
But no, it happened, evidently not one person had heard about it and we're supposed to forget (like an awful lot of other things on CS)
Agree 100%. After all that business with Terry and Rick the full story would surely have emerged - including the way Tommy was bullied into concealing drugs in vehicles. There would have been a full police investigation. Ridiculous.
Old 31-08-2012, 12:27
Abriel
Forum Member

Didn't we comment here about the Tommy drug raid thing at the time? It was case of "get Rita to the church and then we'll fill all the forms in and you can all forget all about it"

Re the smoke alarms, clearly Dev's not going to see his dosh again but is something more dramatic going to happen I wonder, eg a (Chinese or otherwise) fire goes undetected with disastrous consequences?
Old 31-08-2012, 17:24
chestfield
Forum Member

Re the smoke alarms, clearly Dev's not going to see his dosh again
couldn't happen to a nicer bloke

but is something more dramatic going to happen I wonder, eg a (Chinese or otherwise) fire goes undetected with disastrous consequences?
I don't think it'll be a huge surprise when something goes wrong; more a case or "when and where"
Old 31-08-2012, 18:56
ewoodie
Forum Member

Agree 100%. After all that business with Terry and Rick the full story would surely have emerged - including the way Tommy was bullied into concealing drugs in vehicles. There would have been a full police investigation. Ridiculous.
In the real world. Not in Corrie. Tina sorted it in Corrie.
Old 31-08-2012, 19:32
Sandra Bee
Forum Member

couldn't happen to a nicer bloke

I don't think it'll be a huge surprise when something goes wrong; more a case or "when and where"
My money's on 'little Jack'
Old 01-09-2012, 03:30
billio
Forum Member

I'm expecting Paul the Fireman to see Karl flogging one, pick it up and say "no good that, these are (whatever)" and for that to be the end of that one.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:56
Mystery Man
Forum Member

Do you think Paul is strong enough to pick one up?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:13
mrsdaisychain
Forum Member

Regarding the smoke alarms, No doubt it will be Kevin's house after all his hard work and Paul's ranting about the noise.
Little Jack will be rescued by Paul and Kevin and Paul will be best mates.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:41
jsmith99
Forum Member

Regarding the smoke alarms, No doubt it will be Kevin's house after all his hard work and Paul's ranting about the noise.
Little Jack will be rescued by Paul and Kevin and Paul will be best mates.
Or maybe ryan will remember that he smokes, and discard the burning end again, causing yet another fire. And the smoke alarm doesn't go off.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:02
clayton_st
Forum Member

Duh , she used to do her fathers books , please do keep up
She hadn't seen her father for years until he started going with Gail. He did very little work whilst he was with Gail apart from a few dodgey jobs fixed up by some jailbird.
Tina is too thick (in the show) to do books.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:23
ewoodie
Forum Member

She hadn't seen her father for years until he started going with Gail. He did very little work whilst he was with Gail apart from a few dodgey jobs fixed up by some jailbird.
Tina is too thick (in the show) to do books.
Wasn't she working in the local shop when she met David? Unless she's done an accounting/book-keeping course on the quiet, I don't see how she can do Owen's books.

Knowing Corrie and their SORs, Tina will probably take over the books and computerise the whole system for Owen!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:41
amysmum
Forum Member

And that will be in the next couple of weeks (if that long) as stories in CS have to be over a short time scale unless itt is affairs . In normal circumstances there might be a fault with the alarms six months later but in Corrie it will be next week.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:48
amysmum
Forum Member

Kirsty is back in the street less than a week and she is already seeing a counsellor. Not waiting on an appointment to come through or even waiting for the date of her first session to come around but already has had an appointment. Again, there must be no waiting lists in the Weatherfield NHS!!

in reality she would be lucky to have seen her own doctor in that week and then he would have had to refer her, and maybe she would get an appointment within a month - if she was lucky.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:53
amysmum
Forum Member

Knowing Corrie and their SORs, Tina will probably take over the books and computerise the whole system for Owen!
Computers instead of "Books" on Corrie - Now there is a SOR!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:18
Tt88
Forum Member

Spoiler
Old 01-09-2012, 13:18
ewoodie
Forum Member

Computers instead of "Books" on Corrie - Now there is a SOR!!!
Indeed and the one-woman marvel that is Tina Mac will be able to do the books and/or computerise everything for Owen.
Spoiler
Old 01-09-2012, 16:26
Meldrewman
Forum Member

Didn't we comment here about the Tommy drug raid thing at the time? It was case of "get Rita to the church and then we'll fill all the forms in and you can all forget all about it"

Re the smoke alarms, clearly Dev's not going to see his dosh again but is something more dramatic going to happen I wonder, eg a (Chinese or otherwise) fire goes undetected with disastrous consequences?
the kebab shop seemed to have been doing business in the background of a shot recently (is it still Dev's?) so that must be a contender.
Meldrewman is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 01-09-2012, 18:14
Belligerence
Forum Member

Or maybe ryan will remember that he smokes, and discard the burning end again, causing yet another fire. And the smoke alarm doesn't go off.
Spoiler
Surely they would test the alarms after installing them?!

Then again, this is Corrie.
Old 01-09-2012, 19:01
Zebstriker
Forum Member

Kirsty is back in the street less than a week and she is already seeing a counsellor. Not waiting on an appointment to come through or even waiting for the date of her first session to come around but already has had an appointment. Again, there must be no waiting lists in the Weatherfield NHS!!

in reality she would be lucky to have seen her own doctor in that week and then he would have had to refer her, and maybe she would get an appointment within a month - if she was lucky.
She is probably seeing a private counsellor
Old 02-09-2012, 14:57
Anika Hanson
Forum Member

Indeed and the one-woman marvel that is Tina Mac will be able to do the books and/or computerise everything for Owen.
Spoiler
She might offer to be Izzy's surrogate for money and then decide that she wants to keep the baby.
Old 02-09-2012, 15:12
Anika Hanson
Forum Member

Yes, but if Tina hadn't been continually gobbing her mouth off about Kirsty & Ty to Tommy she wouldn't have aroused his interest. Then she wouldn't have felt 'under pressure'. Tina should tried harder to keep her mouth shut.
Exactly. Even after she told Tommy, she kept gobbing off and shouting at Tommy. She literally goaded the poor sod into taking some kind of action.
Old 02-09-2012, 15:15
Anika Hanson
Forum Member

I found it a complete SOR that Roy, in particular, was bamboozled into buying one of Karl's dodgy Chinese smoke alarms.

I don't know much about the law but I would assume that a cafe would be legally obliged to have working smoke alarms and that they would need to be checked on a regular basis, so why did Roy even need to buy some more?

Also, are there really people in this world - especially business people such as Roy and Kevin - who would buy something from a bloke going door to door selling stuff from a sports bag?!

Ridiculous.
Well Kevin had to be informed about internet banking by his daughter and I doubt he even knows how to use a computer so he isn't that savy.
Old 02-09-2012, 18:30
amysmum
Forum Member

Karl and Sunita keptsaying that they would have the money in the back before Dev even noticed. Even if they had managed to return it he would have seen a Debit and Credit transaction on his statement?
Old 02-09-2012, 18:40
soapjunkie
Forum Member

As if Ryan wouldn't have said "she's not my mother" in that argument.

And where was the dressing to the head injury the doctor promised?

Closed Thread