Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2013, 17:10
tinkie
Forum Member

Totaljobs.com a really disgusting man, he made my flesh crawl
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-01-2013, 17:46
tinkie
Forum Member

Freesat, I have been the victim of 2 armed robberies and I hate balaclavas, so I wasn't best pleased with this ad
Old 08-01-2013, 18:37
twimp2
Forum Member

James Villas with the Kermit feet song! Used to annoy me before when there was only ONE advert, with ONE earcurling song.. now there's two. (songs!)

And the Andrex(? I think ?) washlets! One woman there actually smells one of them. And they are, if memory serves me correctly, taking about wiping their ass(es)

Also, not an advert that I saw on TV so perhaps doesn't count, but there was an advert in the window of the local butchers this morning saying "Sells GUILT FREE, SIN FREE sausages here!"
I was, and still am, slightly puzzled.
Old 08-01-2013, 19:44
j22kh
Forum Member

The obnoxious little girl who talks then sings and every word is indistinguishable from the next?
That's the one.
Old 08-01-2013, 21:37
twimp2
Forum Member

And now Farmfoods have that guy with the green freaky puppet bird thing on their adverts! >.<
Old 08-01-2013, 21:46
elgransenor1
Inactive Member

ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!!!

that godawful subway advert featuring those olympic athletes.
Old 08-01-2013, 22:01
humanracer
Forum Member

Its DFS sale time and it means 'And my heart goes boom, boom, boom' every ad break on Sky. With a numpty in a brown duffle coat.

Also probably not popular but I hate the Oxfam one....'I'm just a normal housewife...' I don't donate so she can go on an all expensives paid trip to see what Oxfam do. We could find out what Oxfam do, without her little trip, show us a photo!
Hi
I like that one. I had to look up who sang that boom boom song. It was some Swedish singer.
There is another AD with a nice song, something like "my heart skips a beat"
Old 08-01-2013, 22:53
andydip
Forum Member

The Sun newspaper one with that awful child trying to sing, thank god for the mute button!
Old 08-01-2013, 23:53
Ed R.Marley
Forum Member

The new, annoying Sun newspaper advert.

oh...

and the MAGNET ADVERT WITH THE TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE MUSIC SUNG BY A WOMAN THAT CAN'T SING.
If you think that the snippet of the song used in the Magnet ad is bad, just check out the whole song and video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhywGQ99LdI

I'd like to add the Windows 8 advert featuring the girl painting. It's on nearly every ad break and that shitty Neptune-esque cover of "Express Yourself" is beginning to grate
Old 09-01-2013, 00:22
Sex
Forum Member

If you think that the snippet of the song used in the Magnet ad is bad, just check out the whole song and video

I'd like to add the Windows 8 advert featuring the girl painting. It's on nearly every ad break and that shitty Neptune-esque cover of "Express Yourself" is beginning to grate
... better than that tk maxx advert
Old 09-01-2013, 00:26
Andy2
Forum Member

I see the ryvita advert with those women dipping their ryvitas into their colleagues soup is back. Cretins!
Oh don't. I could lob a brick through the telly when that comes on.
Old 09-01-2013, 00:56
RoseAnne
Forum Member

The BT ads are getting worse

"No mom......please don't think that I'm banging the hot chick who's living with me!"
The mum in that is Samantha Bond who used to be Miss Moneypenny to Pierce Brosnan's Bond. I hope we get Pierce Brosnan next!
Old 09-01-2013, 02:25
DanielF
Forum Member

And now Farmfoods have that guy with the green freaky puppet bird thing on their adverts! >.<
That's so disrespectful to so many of our childhoods! Are you young per chance?
DanielF is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 09-01-2013, 16:47
johnny-br
Forum Member

I've just seen the Sun advert with that CREEPAZOID toothless little girl and the doll like something out of the sodding Shining.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh!

And the Subway advert!!! Are we really meant to believe these top athletes eat that rubbish? Do they really think we are that thick??
Old 09-01-2013, 17:28
Suzywong 63
Forum Member

James Villas with the Kermit feet song! Used to annoy me before when there was only ONE advert, with ONE earcurling song.. now there's two. (songs!)

And the Andrex(? I think ?) washlets! One woman there actually smells one of them. And they are, if memory serves me correctly, taking about wiping their ass(es)

Also, not an advert that I saw on TV so perhaps doesn't count, but there was an advert in the window of the local butchers this morning saying "Sells GUILT FREE, SIN FREE sausages here!"
I was, and still am, slightly puzzled.
syn free sausages are the ones you can eat freely on the slimming world diet.
Old 09-01-2013, 18:37
Paulas27
Forum Member

The Microsoft Advert where people dance around to really annoying music whilst they click their keyboards on and off their tablets. Get a life!
Old 09-01-2013, 18:59
j22kh
Forum Member

THE BRITISH GAS TEAM!

Bore off! Go away!!
Old 09-01-2013, 19:24
Rednell
Forum Member

The jobsite ones with Max what's his face. So patronising and grr.

The Microsoft one

The Diet Chef one. I'd hate to think how much that would cost, but considering the lass they're using to front the advert seems to be in the gossip rags going on about her weight troubles an awful lot, I'm not convinced she's the right person for the message they're trying to convey.

I haven't been unlucky enough to see the Sun or Magnet adverts yet. I'm sure I'll be back on here as soon as I do by the sounds of how bad they are.
Old 09-01-2013, 20:47
GoCompareThis
Forum Member

The Saga advert with the twee cover of "I'm Just A Lucky So And So". ENOUGH ALREADY!!
Old 09-01-2013, 22:22
Madmissi12
Forum Member

I saw one earlier with Kerry Katona advertising one of those money lending sites. Is having her do it actually supposed to convince us to use this site?
Madmissi12 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 09-01-2013, 23:08
Chrisholland
Forum Member

That ad was litterally on as I read this so yes your absolutely right. I don't find it that annoying yet but it's certainly on an awful lot.
Old 10-01-2013, 00:25
SecretLifeoBees
Forum Member

The Sun newspaper one with that awful child trying to sing, thank god for the mute button!
Was just going to post that. You can't actually understand a word she's singing so it doesn't even have the cute factor.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:29
grimtales1
Forum Member

I'm listening to the song right now, and yes it has twee vocals, but the song itself is actually quite nice
Old 10-01-2013, 13:34
TracerTong
Forum Member

I saw one earlier with Kerry Katona advertising one of those money lending sites. Is having her do it actually supposed to convince us to use this site?
Someone with a great track record of sensible money management, yep good idea to have her as your spokesperson

Considering the f**kwits that love her will probably use this service. Come to think of it. Thats the target demographic I guessing.
TracerTong is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 10-01-2013, 13:35
Andy Birkenhead
Forum Member

I hate the advert for shampoo or hair dye or whatever it is where the smug t*at gives us a list of what he and his wife have been through including "Two newborns"
NEWBORNS ??
Do you mean BABIES ?
Who says "NEWBORNS" FFS ??

Closed Thread